• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (Read FIRST Post before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Thread

I have a theory. Reshiram's and Zekrom's tails look like and function as fire and electricity generators respectively. On the other hand Kyurem's tail looks like a plug, a device used to absorb energy instead of generate it. So, what if Kyurem uses it's tail to absorb energy from Reshiram or Zekrom in order to change formes?

Then explain how they will start out if they already have Pokemon? The best thing to do is use new characters.

Maybe they could come up with excuse as to what happened to the Pokemon the player had in Black & White? For example, they were stolen, lost, etc.

Name a game that has "2" in it after the name of the original game ("Original game 2") that is a remake of the original game.

For the sake of comedy, I'm tempted to say Modern Warfare 2.

Just because it's a new adventure doesn't necessarily mean we're getting new protagonists. In fact, the story doesn't even need new protagonists. Introducing them at this point would just be...awkward. The continuation of B/W will do just fine with Hilda/Hilbert.

Then explain how they will start out if they already have Pokemon? The best thing to do is use new characters.
In both games, if you use Hilda, Hilbert would be the previous hero, and if use Hilbert the previous hero would be Hilda. Something like how they put both the main characters into Platinum.
I have a theory. Reshiram's and Zekrom's tails look like and function as fire and electricity generators respectively. On the other hand Kyurem's tail looks like a plug, a device used to absorb energy instead of generate it. So, what if Kyurem uses it's tail to absorb energy from Reshiram or Zekrom in order to change formes?
That's actually the one way I can see the form change happening, and also the only way it could use the respective moves. Its got the power of ice already, but now that it can create fire/electricity, it can use the moves.

Name a game that has "2" in it after the name of the original game ("Original game 2") that is a remake of the original game.

Doom 3. That may not have a "2" but it's still a remake of Doom, with drastic changes not relating to graphics.

Last edited:

There is a theory about the player characters that I've thought of, and apparently so have other people elsewhere in the community. I agree that allowing players to send their previous Pokémon in the very beginning (and not making them disobey in battles) would make the new games too easy, but what if the story didn't allow Hilbert/Hilda to do that? In N's Castle, the scientists mentioned that they could infiltrate the Pokémon Storage System to even release the Pokémon from trainers' PC Boxes. What would happen if someone were able to carry out that plan? Not only would Hilbert/Hilda be forced to start from scratch, but one of their goals in the story would be personal - to find a way to retrieve their old Pokémon. By the end of the main story, the old Storage System would no longer be infiltrated and the player would be able to transfer Pokémon from a Black/White game; the Relocator system could be used for just that.

I'd imagine that there would also be normal trading with Black/White games, using a Time Capsule system or some variant thereof. This might be made possible before the end of the main story, but choosing to trade a Pokémon rather than transferring it wouldn't change its OT to match that of the new game, so it would disobey in battles depending on the player's progress (as has always been the case). The transfer system would simply be a bonus, and no one would feel left out in case they hadn't already played Black or White.

This'd be an extremely ingenious way for GF to handle things. It's a callback to something that was mentioned in the previous games and it allows for players to use the same protagonist, as well as give you something else to work towards.

@Blue1225, because Gen V takes place over a decade later than Gen III, I would have to assume that, if Houen is indeed accessible in BW2, nobody is going to be attempting to summon Groudon or Kyogre, as Magma/Aqua have seemingly disbanded, and unlike Rocket, their very leaders were utterly disillusioned with their ideologies. Unless they will allow you to obtain the orbs on Mt. Pyre or have Oak give them to you, Groudon and Kyogre should be canonically both hidden from anywhere accessible in Houen and unobtainable. (Rayquaza, who didn't require any orbs to access via the Sky Pillar, may very well be obtainable) I would strongly argue that the fact that both legends are being distributed up to BW2's release is to both make up for the likely lack of them in Gen V Houen and to simultaneously build hype for the games' inclusion of the region. In that case, I'd have to say they chose an effective marketing strategy.

Ok, I see what you mean. They'll still be there, but unless you have the Orbs there's really no way you're just randomly going to run into them, as they aren't travelling legendaries like Latios or Latias.

That's probably the best way, as it leaves the other pokemon alive instead of having it be compeltely absorbed by Kyurem and technically killed.

For the people debating if this is a sequel or a third version:

Notice that the cover Pokémon for Pokémon Black Version 2 is Black Kyurem, a mix of Kyurem and Zekrom and that the cover Pokémon of Pokémon Black Version was Reshiram (Same with White Version 2 featuring White Kyurem, while White's mascot was Zekrom).

Now, if this was "Third Version" or "Remix" type deal, why would the version mascots suddenly be swapped? Remember that in Pokémon Black Version, Zekrom sided with N (whereas Reshiram did in White). N was last seen flying off to a faraway land with the legendary that chose him - so that strikes me as perhaps something had happened to him. Just from the announcement, we have that little thought teasing us.

That little thought is exactly what Masuda probably wants. It makes sense, it ties into the 2, and if its meant for something else, its just plain stupid.

It makes sense, it ties into the 2, and if its meant for something else, its just plain stupid.
There is no need to go so far. The description "A completely new adventure will begin!" would be beyond stupid if it were a lie; they wouldn't be able to fool anyone for very long with false marketing.

Eh they used it over and over again, so that's the least convincing bit for me personally. Even if they do mean it, I won't take its wording until its confirmed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these the first main series games to be released in the fall? Because it would seem that they reversed the release dates. Normally Japan is in the fall, worldwide starts in the spring.

Both Firered and Emerald got a fall release. Europe only in Emeralds case.

Platinum got tagged with it as far as I know, and outside of that....well just platinum. And look I love the idea of a sequel, and I'll be damned if its not a sequel, but I will NEVER personally take PR fluff as proof or 100% as it sounds, so lets not get into a fight cause you want the PR fluff to be what you want it to be.

Platinum got tagged with it as far as I know, and outside of that....well just platinum.
Platinum had been confirmed to be a third version a month before it was announced...

but I will NEVER personally take PR fluff as proof or 100% as it sounds, so lets not get into a fight cause you want the PR fluff to be what you want it to be.
I'd just like to see an explanation as to why it is so easy to believe that they may be lying. I understand that you don't have any doubts yourself.

Its as simple as it sounds. A new adventure is about to begin sounds not only as if its happening in the universe of the games itself and in a timeframe after the games themselves but as a new adventure for those who will play the games, as in a new adventure for the games themselves, with no in-game connections.

Its as simple as it sounds. A new adventure is about to begin sounds not only as if its happening in the universe of the games itself and in a timeframe after the games themselves but as a new adventure for those who will play the games, as in a new adventure for the games themselves.
A third version wouldn't be a completely new adventure in any sense, which is why they've never described those games that way.

The logic is simple: Even the people who are skeptical know that we're supposed to think the games are sequels. What would be the point of creating that impression only to destroy it a few weeks later? That would only achieve disappointment.

A third game would completely new in the sense of all the little changes, no matter how you look at it. And when has anything that involved hyping PR fluff in Pokemon NOT led to dissapointment. Sure we take it as a sequel, sure it points itself out as a sequel, but for all we knot it might not. Not that it won't, I can say with utmost certainty that it will be a sequel, but basing it alone on text blurbs is not enough for me. Suspended belief has never gone well with me, never will, end of story. Lets just agree we're getting a sequel, and leave my complex ways alone.

Do you think Kyuresh and Kyuzek are going to be fire/ice and electric/ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom