• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TOWN WIN </3 True Lust: Intergalactic Battle of the Ships </3 Canon Ground - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

^ That O.O @Occams Chainsaw
I already knew u were suspicious of me, but then when u basically called out the rest of the scum team I was like, "Man D: How does he do that? O.O" I have to say, that call on who you thought was a potential scum team was pretty beast.

Last edited:
Thank you all for playing! I hope you enjoyed the experience. Sorry I was not able to be that active of a mod as I'd liked.

wrt the balance, expanding to 16, adjusting scum numbers to ?

Also, thanks to @Slife, @TheCapsFan, and the other graveyarders, and a special thanks to @Stork for helping us out with the modkill decision.

Probably shouldn't teddy your team, no matter how much of a special snowflake you think you are, it just wastes the time of 14 people who actually put time and effort into the game, just because you are too self-absorbed to be reasonable.

Thank you all for playing! I hope you enjoyed the experience. Sorry I was not able to be that active of a mod as I'd liked.

wrt the balance, expanding to 16, adjusting scum numbers to ?

At least 5, with some variance between closely grouped scum and spread apart scum. Use an actual random generator, maybe.

5:11 or 6:10 mafia:town seem reasonable because it leaves at least 2 or 3 mafia as strategic sacrifices to gain town credibility without tanking the game.

One thing that we could have tried as mafia was tying two members to each other, in other to increase the safe lynch pool. What do you think about that?

If it were bigger maybe but in a game this small probably not

Probably shouldn't teddy your team, no matter how much of a special snowflake you think you are, it just wastes the time of 14 people who actually put time and effort into the game, just because you are too self-absorbed to be reasonable.

Not sure what teddy means, but I think I have the idea. Also not sure if this is directed at me or not. But I am guessing me, due to saying I am an INFJ, being that "snowflake" was used, perhaps meant to have some effect in hurting my ego. I'm not a strong Fi user. My inner world is a deep, logical search for truth. Ego, is distant. Perhaps if it were more in tact I'd have a harder time humbling myself publicly and admitting and apologizing for playing dirty, rather than just run away and never show my face again. Though admitting I played dirty may earn me disgust and hatred I'm willing to shoulder that.

INFJ is used to not fitting in anyway. However, it is not in a pleasant "I'm a special snowflake" type of way. It's more like an ugly, stray, dirty puppy in the rain outside of a home looking in the window at other puppies being loved by the warm fire. In time you come to accept the fact you will always be on the outside looking in. Ni is rare to have as the most dominant function. My mind does not process the way the majority processes or are even used to others processing. While very few may have said I am brilliant, genius, or intelligent, many have thought me to have some mental disability. You have no idea what it is like to be an awkward Ni dom.

Mistypes that love special snowflake status have earned INFJ a poor reputation, which may be part of the reason why there are few true INFJs within INFJ forums, along with not truly identifying with most of the ppl there. Many that truly do seem to be INFJ are inactive or wearing an "unknown" label. Though there are some that wear the label regardless. Some are bold enough to speak up on what it really is like to process like an INFJ, etc. to try to clear up mistypings, only to receive firey darts from those who feel their snowflake status is threatened. Some do not feel it's worth the conflict and may just leave and continue trying to find where they fit in.

It kinda sucks to be searching all over for ppl u can identify with and coming to a forum u are supposed to call home only to find u do not fit it there either. However, it is nice to truly meet other INFJs, as well as other awkward Intuitives such as INTJ and INTP, though their struggle is not exactly the same as INFJ's, there is a shared outcast feeling. I basically let ppl know I'm INFJ to warn them I may be odd/hard to understand. I really hate having to explain all this, however, perhaps one day, the more INFJs speak up, the less mistypes and misunderstandings there will be. Hopefully one day coming to a forum they hope to call home will actually yield a greater amount of true INFJs, resulting in true INFJs feeling less alienated.

Anyhow, I can assure you my behavior has nothing to do with me thinking I'm special in any way. I was simply angry at Ace for betrayal. Had it been betraying me alone, I would have kept my silence, but he did it to one of my ppl. My affections are placed outwards as a Fe user. I can take heat, I can take hatred, I can take a beating... but do it to someone else, it unleashes an inner beast I am not proud of and often regret has come unleashed. The beast is likely to come out even moreso if the offense is against someone I care for, in this case, someone I felt a bond with due to being my teammate.

I lost my temper. I played poorly. It's quite simple.

I apologize again for the trouble I have caused.

Last edited:
Not sure what teddy means, but I think I have the idea. Also not sure if this is directed at me or not. But I am guessing me, due to saying I am an INFJ, being that "snowflake" was used, perhaps meant to have some effect in hurting my ego. I'm not a strong Fi user. My inner world is a deep, logical search for truth. Ego, is distant. Perhaps if it were more in tact I'd have a harder time humbling myself publicly and admitting and apologizing for playing dirty, rather than just run away and never show my face again. Though admitting I played dirty may earn me disgust and hatred I'm willing to shoulder that.

INFJ is used to not fitting in anyway. However, it is not in a pleasant "I'm a special snowflake" type of way. It's more like an ugly, stray, dirty puppy in the rain outside of a home looking in the window at other puppies being loved by the warm fire. In time you come to accept the fact you will always be in the outside looking in. Ni is rare to have as the most dominant function. My mind does not process the way the majority processes or are even used to others processing. While very few may have said I am brilliant, genius, or intelligent, many have thought me to have some mental disability. You have no idea what it is like to be an awkward Ni dom.

Mistypes that love special snowflake status have earned INFJ a poor reputation, which may be part of the reason why there are few true INFJs within INFJ forums, along with not truly identifying with most of the ppl there. Many that truly do seem to be INFJ are inactive or wearing an "unknown" label. Though there are some that wear the label regardless. Some are bold enough to speak up on what it really is like to process like an INFJ, etc. to try to clear up mistypings, only to receive firey darts from those who feel their snowflake status is threatened. Some do not feel it's worth the conflict and may just leave and continue trying to find where they fit in.

It kinda sucks to be searching all over for ppl u can identify with and coming to a forum u are supposed to call home only to find u do not fit it there either. However, it is nice to truly meet other INFJs, as well as other awkward Intuitives such as INTJ and INTP, though their struggle is not exactly the same as INFJ's, there is a shared outcast feeling. I basically let ppl know I'm INFJ to warn them I may be odd/hard to understand. I really hate having to explain all this, however, perhaps one day, the more INFJs speak up, the less mistypes and misunderstandings there will be. Hopefully one day coming to a forum they hope to call home will actually yield a greater amount of true INFJs, resulting in true INFJs feeling less alienated.

Anyhow, I can assure you my behavior has nothing to do with me thinking I'm special in any way. I was simply angry at Ace for betrayal. Had it been betraying me alone, I would have kept my silence, but he did it to one of my ppl. My affections are placed outwards as a Fe user. I can take heat, I can take hatred, I can take a beating... but do it to someone else, it unleashes an inner beast I am not proud of and often regret has come unleashed. The beast is likely to come out even moreso if the offense is against someone I care for, in this case, someone I felt a bond with due to being my teammate.

I lost my temper. I played poorly. It's quite simple.

I apologize again for the trouble I have caused.

You remind me of my infj friend not completely emotional but when you are it's like :shocked: where did this come from

One thing that we could have tried as mafia was tying two members to each other, in other to increase the safe lynch pool. What do you think about that?

What do you mean? As in who we would pick out as our lovers?

If it were bigger maybe but in a game this small probably not

That feeling when you lay something out in extreme detail and people still ask the question as if you didn't say anything.

That feeling when you lay something out in extreme detail and people still ask the question as if you didn't say anything.
Hahaa I saw that quote from jd and was like "replyyy" and then didn't read anything after that because I was bumped to the end of the conversation *fades beck away to the shadows*

Hahaa I saw that quote from jd and was like "replyyy" and then didn't read anything after that because I was bumped to the end of the conversation *fades beck away to the shadows*

We answered it before he even asked the question.

I'll do it for you chaps

Page 22's #424 and #429 respond to your Page 22's #437 in excruciating detail.

Jk... Although it did amuse me for awhile to have you wondering if I would hunt you.

I didn't once wonder if you would hunt me.

My only concern if you "hunt" me is whether you will follow me into games on other forums and then engage in the same kind of sabotage to your teams there. That would be very disappointing and unfair to the players there. I will strongly recommend to the moderators elsewhere that they not allow you to play in those games. If you bypass this with a gimmick/deception or they choose to give you a chance, please reign in your temper and please do not sabotage whatever team you are on.

I didn't "betray" you. I misunderstand the game design and made a mistake. I then spent the rest of our time in Mafia chat imploring you to reign in your temper, stop berating me, and act like we were on the same team. Instead, you continued to berate me, spite bussed me, and then betrayed your entire team to such an extent you had to be mod killed.

Betrayal more aptly fits actions such as yours, regardless of your motivations (such as being angry with me for making a mistake).

I can understand why my mistake frustrated you, but you are assigning intent to me that is not only unfair, you're ignoring what really happened. I explained my mistake.

You might find it easier to fit in if you choose to pursue empathy and connection. Losing your temper and acting against another person in spite reasonably leads to the group hesitating to integrate you. Empathy and connection are actually common strengths of INFJs such that they often experience TOO MUCH empathy. Given your lack of expressed empathy, is it possible you misidentify as an INFJ? Well, that is not a dealbreaker even if INFJ is the best fit for you. Lots of people young and old and of every type do not practice empathy and thus find it hard to connect with others and find a sense of love and belonging. Having said that, I am guessing you are quite young and the lack of empathy is something that time and maturity will resolve. Good luck.

Oh neat

I wanted to comment on the MBTI stuff in the game but I didn't see the relevance

I am an INFJ too

-whispers, "I'm really a creepy stalker, I just pretend to be an INFJ to find real INFJs so I can stalk them, nice IP address ;)

@Ace of Spaids and @KoiNoYokan

Please refrain from posting in thread again, and check your Skype messages.

I would not like controversy to erupt and would like to explain to both sides the best course of action is.

Since this is becoming topical...

Question: Should I place judgment and expectations on playersfor being an INFJ or whatever myers/briggs suggests you are, or should I place judgment and expectations on players for what they say/do?

As every single person is unique, I'm assuming no 2 ppl of any given type will behave the same. I would give place to Intuitives in general to be a little weird and perhaps hard to follow logically. For example, idk if you know cue... I can almost never understand his logic, so I always think he is scum, even when he is town. I simply can't read him.

But anyway, I think being open minded long enough to thoroughly perceive before making judgments is a good rule to go by :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom