• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

Don't know if anyone made the connection, but the Ultra in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon could represent Ultra Beasts... Ultra Solgaleo/Ultra Lunala confirmed Ultra Beasts?

I though that was obvious.
Solgaleo and Lunala are UBs in fact, except that people are more familiar with them so your Poké Balls recognize them as Pokémon.

don't get why you say it's stupid to give Alola forms to other gens when they deserve just as much attention as Kanto mons. Possibly more so since Kanto mons in themselves are already favored over other generations and have already gotten all the Alola forms so far and have the most Megas IIRC. Other generations should be able to get them now. They can go without their Kanto favoritism for once. Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos could all stand to get some Alolan forms.

I disagree with that statement entirely. They do get as much attention. it seems like kanto gets more because they have been around the longest, and kalos has no place in the new one when it just dropped before it. Kanto actually got ignored for quite a while. There is no favoritism crap because they decided to use older models especially for the 20th anniversary. If they want to show it for that good for them. You can't decide to reinvent the theory behind alolan pokemon because you don't like kanto. It would be stupid for them to add it in now. It changed the whole dynamic. They would have had to originally. There is no way kalos could have gotten alolan forms already, and I don't want them there, same with unova and thank you for proving my point about Johto. Totally skipped over again. You want the pokemon who should be in it. It's that one. Johto always gets ignored because it rolls in to kanto. There is another large set of pokemon there. We also just had a sinnoh revamp. They are trying to use older pokemon. As for megas you do realize that there are 33 other forms besides the kanto ones right? Which have maybe a third of that many. Oh and for the record the majority of the megas is gen 3 with 21. So no Kanto doesn't have the majority. Oh, and game freak came out a long time ago and said alolan pokemon would only be kanto.

I disagree with that statement entirely. They do get as much attention. it seems like kanto gets more because they have been around the longest, and kalos has no place in the new one when it just dropped before it. Kanto actually got ignored for quite a while. There is no favoritism crap because they decided to use older models especially for the 20th anniversary. If they want to show it for that good for them. You can't decide to reinvent the theory behind alolan pokemon because you don't like kanto. It would be stupid for them to add it in now. It changed the whole dynamic. They would have had to originally. There is no way kalos could have gotten alolan forms already, and I don't want them there, same with unova and thank you for proving my point about Johto. Totally skipped over again. You want the pokemon who should be in it. It's that one. Johto always gets ignored because it rolls in to kanto. There is another large set of pokemon there. We also just had a sinnoh revamp. They are trying to use older pokemon. As for megas you do realize that there are 33 other forms besides the kanto ones right? Which have maybe a third of that many. Oh and for the record the majority of the megas is gen 3 with 21. So no Kanto doesn't have the majority. Oh, and game freak came out a long time ago and said alolan pokemon would only be kanto.

Which Sinnoh revamp did we just get?
And Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos Pokémon being newer than Kanto/Johto Pokémon in the real world don't mean they are newer in-universe. So you could have some non-Kanto Pokémon who migrated to Alola at the same time as some Kanto Pokémon.

Kanto has never been Ignored. It's been seen consistently for the first 4 generations, had a bit of a break on Gen V, had a lot of focus in Gen VI, and got attention in Gen VII. And LOL, I'm not reinventing Alolan Pokemon, nor do I dislike Kanto. I don't remember any law saying Alolan forms are specific to Kanto Pokemon, just that they're for the SPECIFIC Pokemon that migrated to Alola in Sun and Moon, which happen to so far be Kanto Pokemon. There's nothing to say Sinnoh, Kalos, or Unova mons shouldn't have them in USUM. IDC if Kalos Pokemon were newer when SuMo came out, they're fine to get them now, IMO~ A lot of Johto Pokemon got Megas, so again, not ignored.

There's been no Sinnoh revamp, what are you talking about? They can give things to older Pokemon, but they shouldn't ONLY be for older Pokemon. They have no reason to keep it specific to them, Kanto is not more special than the later gens who deserve just as much focus. And OK, Kanto may not have the most Megas, but they still have a lot of them AND Alolan Forms, AND some of them have special Z moves like Mew. They've done plenty for Kanto, they have 6 other regions they can work with~

My friends and I think this will be the sequel, and new main character will be S/M's brother, like in the trailer, the young guy visited his brother. That will explain why he lived in the same house.

In Japanese trailer, what he heard at 6:24 is "もうひとつ の 物語" - "another story" not "alternative story" like in English. He doesn't know if it's mistranslated or what.
Anyone noticed that it seems like the player has already settled in Alola, there are no more moving boxes in the room so maybe the story begun later in this version with the player already settled in and the league is already settled along with the gyms and the champion is not the player but the trial is still there.

Damn, I really hope you two are correct. Everything I've seen so far suggests it's not a sequel, but just a third version/enhancement (especially the identical protagonists). But hey, if the protagonist is identical because they're a sibling/relative of SM's protagonist (it's believable with video game logic, look at Samson Oak), and this is actually a sequel... that would be fantastic. I really hope you're both essentially right, even though I doubt it so much.

To be fair, the lag was almost exclusively found in battles, especially battles with more than 2 Pokémon. It would be reasonable to guess that anything outside battles should be relatively safe, especially if they're able to optimize the current engine better than before. I doubt that lag will be hardly any different, no better or worse, most likely.

Scratch this, slightly. PokeFinder was a laggy ass POS.

Last edited:
But what if we play as the female character?

God, I will be so frustrated if the theory turns out true and if you choose female the former protagonist is still male.

Although I will hold off from judgement because it's likely the games are connected like B/W and B2/W2 in which your B/W protagonist was the former protagonist in B2/W2. I just don't want anymore HG/SS nonsense where the Kanto champion is always Red.

I hope these games have gyms, but the cinematic shots given to Togedemaru, Mimikyu and Lycanroc in the trailer suggest they'll be Totem Pokemon (Plus you can see a Trial Guide in the shot with all the Pikachu) . I may be overthinking it, but I personally hated the trials and would prefer it if they never returned.

Did anyone notice that Route 1 has all the flowers that Oricorio uses to change forms? Maybe we can change Oricorio's form already on Melemele.

I wish Move Tutors can ask us for Shards like the old days. :/
Nope. I felt that was ridiculously tedious-struggling to get shards from the Underground and limited places in-game. They're still rare even on Poke Pelago!

I like the fact that you can now use BP instead-it's much easier. However, I understand BP accumulation can be late game thus maybe they could use another currency instead ,like Poke Beans, that is easy and readily accessible to everyone.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this but the arms on the Solgaleo and Lunala forms do not lack the giant jutting crystals that are normally on Necrozma's arms. I do not think that it is important but it's an interesting detail.

I can confirm that ErikNgyuen912's friend is correct.
The Japanese trailer did say alternate universe/ alternate story instead of sequel.

========

That said, here's a really strong Japanese theory circulating on Twitter today:

A tilted Z makes an N.
N is for Necrozma.
The new ring is called N ring, and we may get N forms (like Solgaleo and Lunala) and maybe N moves.
And Natural Harmonia Gropius :D

I hope these games have gyms, but the cinematic shots given to Togedemaru, Mimikyu and Lycanroc in the trailer suggest they'll be Totem Pokemon (Plus you can see a Trial Guide in the shot with all the Pikachu) . I may be overthinking it, but I personally hated the trials and would prefer it if they never returned.

I feel like the Mimikyu shot has potential to be its exclusive Z-Move. We get to see underneath its sheet and that's supposedly a really bad thing, which would fit with giving it a special move based on it (rather than having it happen to our character). Plus we already had a Totem Mimikyu, so it's not that exciting to tease imho.

Also lol if Togedemaru is really a Totem... talk about underwhelming.

I meant to post my thoughts earlier, but I haven't really had time, so here goes:

I'm really excited. I mean I'm always really excited when new Pokemon games are announced, but still. At first, I didn't know if these were supposed to be "3rd versions", or sequels, or what, but the more I look at stuff, the more I'm thinking "3rd version" & I'm okay with that. I don't really know why, but I always liked the "3rd version" concept & I've missed it the last few Gens (Maybe it's because I loved Emerald & Platinum so much when I was little). Apparently most people don't agree with that, considering the sales figures of past "3rd versions", but I digress...

I really love the looks of the version mascots, especially the Ultra Moon one. I wonder if they are considered alternate forms of Solgaleo/Lunala or alternate forms of Necrozma? (Until we get some kind of official names, I'll be referring to them as Necleo & Necala.) I love the idea of Pokemon fusing, so I'm a big fan of anything with that look (including Black Kyurem & White Kyurem). I know everyone's thinking fusion, but I had a thought: What if Necleo & Necala are just Necrozma, & the parts of their bodies that look like Solgaleo/Lunala are just light energy made into that shape? Necrozma's body is a prism & they talked about him absorbing light, so maybe when he absorbs sunlight he can turn into Necleo & when he absorbs moonlight he can turn into Necala. Maybe this also relates to the new Z-Ring & Z-Crystals from the end of the trailer. Like those crystals are made of concentrated, crystallized sunlight/moonlight or something? Of course these 2 things might not be related at all...

And now: SPECULATION! Yay! I'm gonna break this up into sections:

Things I want to happen that actually might:
  • New exclusive Z-Moves. (No more distributing them 1 per Bank account though, plz, thx.)
  • New Alolan Forms. (Hopefully wig-free this time.)
  • Another island/archipelago. Even if it's tiny.
  • A line of Pokemon amiibos. I honestly can't believe they haven't already done this. They'd sell like crazy.
  • For them to use the same marketing strategy as they did with SuMo, where we get a little new info every 1-2 weeks. A steady flow of tid-bits is nice.
Things I want to happen that probably won't:
  • Putting the National Dex back in. Seriously. There was never a reason to remove it, and this was undoubtedly the most frustrating, illogical decision from SuMo (Just barely beating out them putting a completely unnecessary restriction on Alolan forms. Speaking of which...).
  • Alolan Forms from ALL GENS. Just a few from each. I don't know why this is such a hard concept for them. I've seen some people speculate they might do only Gen II variants this time to promote G/S coming to the VC, but that would be just as stupid as last time if you ask me (though I could definitely see them doing that). If they wanted to do more from Gen II than from others, fine, but I want at least 1 from each.
  • New Mega Evolutions. Another stupid decision from SuMo that needs fixing. Specifically, I'd like to see some Regional Variants get Megas. Or Pokemon that already have Megas get Variants, so they'll get a mega too (like a Mega Alolan Alakazam that's Fighting-type, like the one rumored from last year). They've got 2 cool concepts here that would work together nicely. There's no reason not to combine them.
  • A post-game in another Region. Probably end up being Kanto, but you know what, we haven't been to Kanto since 2010, so an upgraded Kanto might be nice. I'll take any Region really. It's just that was a great idea that they only used once. Seems like a waste.
Things that definitely won't happen:
  • Totally new Pokemon. Like with new Dex numbers. I don't think they'd do that mid-Gen. New Variants or Megas won't affect the Dex count, so they're more likely IMO.
  • SuMo getting patched to be compatible with whatever new stuff they add in. It should have happened with X/Y. It didn't. It should happen here. It won't.
Whew... I'm tired of typing. Sorry that was so long. My brain goes nuts when we get Pokemon news like this. And now it's 5 in the morning, so I should probably go to bed...

I joy the totem challenge it's better the gym battles I was getting bored of it so orginal

I'm hoping more Alolha Pokémon on new island with Alolha forms

Back
Top Bottom