• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Venusaur vs Torterra

Fairy Red;1233409 [B said:
-Overall usefulness[/B]
Just because he has a x4 weakness to ice doesn't make him any less useful than Venausaur.

-A battle between the two
I admit, maybe Venusaur. But if someone trained Torterra properly, he's a destructive wall of doom. And how often do people carry ice moves with them anyway?

1. Yes, yes it does, by a LOT.

2. I posted damage calcs on page 1, Venusaur does ~57-70% damage to Torterra with one Grass Knot, Torterra returns with ~35% damage from EQ (given standard sets). Further, Venusaur also carries Sleep Powder and will always move first. The battle is one-sided to say the least.

3. Always, on every team, by every person with half a brain because Ice is such a devastating attack type and BoltBeam is such a devastating combo. There are very few pokemon that resist both T-bolt and Ice Beam.

Option fail.
Also it would either be a long PP stall war or just a 2 hour battle until someone finally get's a crit.

<_<

Standard Venusaur 2HKOs standard Torterra, see the calcs. Plus, Venusaur carries Sleep Powder, Torterra carries no statusing(obviously leech seed doesn't count in this situation).

I like both very much but I choose Venusaur simply cause of the past memories playing R/B and Bulbasaur's "awesome" sprite then.

I remember especially when I choose Squirtle and my rival choose Bulbasaur that when you fight him around 4th gym I think, when he used his Venusaur, I used my oddish and his Venusaur just kept using poisonpowder but it didn't work while I kept "cut"ting it nto faint with like 20 lv difference and not a scratch on me. I found that hilarious. :lol:

I prefer Torterra just to overall strengths that it has. High HP, Great Attack and Defense. The only obvious hinderance is the special Def and Ice attacks. Torterra is on my team.

I'm not one to really spend much time on the whole strategic parts of Pokemon, I just get which ones I like according to their looks or whatever. That being said, I'd say Venusaur, just because I like its design better.

Venusaur is a stronger competitive battler, and in a 1 on 1 fight Venusaur is usually going to end up winning. Someone already proved this with damage statistics, not to mention Venusaur is faster and has Sleep Powder.

And for the retarded people who are here to champion their cause and say "Well competitive battling doesn't matter" because you think it's difficult and don't have the capacity to compete, then you missed the point of the thread.

Aesthetically, one doesn't really stand out more than the other for me.. And "Pure awesomeness" is just a stupid category because it's basically the same as the first.

Torterra, because of larger move pool and better stats.

As an artist, I'm more drawn towards Torterra's character design. Also, Merry Christmas everyone :D

I like Torterra's design.I never had a Venusaur in the games while I have a Torterra in my Platinum.

Looks-Torterra

Battle between two-Venusaur

Overall Usefullness-Torterra

General Awsomeness-Draw

I prefer torterra.
Venusaur is Torterra's basically Physical counterpart

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom