• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Venusaur vs Torterra

I prefer torterra.
Venusaur is Torterra's basically Physical counterpart

I think you meant it the other way around. Torterra is Venusaur's physical counterpart

I like Torterra's design.I never had a Venusaur in the games while I have a Torterra in my Platinum.

Looks-Torterra

Battle between two-Venusaur

Overall Usefullness-Torterra

General Awsomeness-Draw

this, except I used a venasaur.

Venasaur would probably win in a battle, he's got more status applying moves whereas Torterra is just a tank.

Argh... Hard one... Both are extremely good fighters.
Torterra has a kick-ass type combination but Venusaur has least weaknesses out of all Grass-type Starters.
Torterra looks better but Venusaur is not so bad either...
Torterra has better Attack, Defense and HP but Venusaur has better Sp. Attack ,Sp. Defense and Speed.
They both have absolutely wondeful movepools (Earthquake and SludgeBomb are so loveable).

Argh!!! Too hard to decide!!! But I'll say Torterra, because I like turtles more than... Whatever Venusaur is based on.

Last edited:
Venusaur while not a bad Pokemon in general, I disliked it the most of the first gen Pokemon (or just the starters), I always preferred Charizard or even Blastoise (I don't think I've ever chosen Bulbasaur as a starter; except way back in the day of Red/Blue when choosing Bulbasaur gave you an advantage over Brock and Misty). Now I just choose which Pokemon I like the most.

Torterra on the other hand, I really like. And although I prefer Infernape, I definitely prefer Torterra over Venusaur.

Something based on an actual legend, or something made up? Torterra is based on a myth/legend/belief while Venusaur just seems to exist the way it does simply to exist.

Torterra is better designed as well. While I like Venusaur's flower, I prefer Torterra's tree, since it looks stronger in terms of nature. A tree would crush a plant/flower. And Torterra has other things, like dirt, metal looking spikes which I guess represent mountains and has lots going for it. Venusaur is simply a plant monster (not all that interesting).

Poison or Ground? Poison is an interesting type overall, it's weak against ground. Although Torterra does suffer a huge ice weakness because of it. So Torterra is probably better in battle than Venusaur (if they were to battle each other). Edit: Or not since apparently Grass Knot is stronger than Earthquake.

Again I don't Hate or utterly dislike Venusaur, I just prefer Torterra.

Venusaur. It looks cooler. Not that torterra is poorly designed, I just think that it's a little awkward and slower looking. I think Venusaur would probably win in a battle using moves like sludge bomb, frenzy plant, poison powder (or toxic) sleep powder, and petal dance. Overall, Torterra is a little more attack based and learns a wider variety of attacks, while Venusaur is a little more status inducing based and mostly learns grass type moves. In my opinion, Venusaur is just overall better.

Venusaur vs Torterra

ventor-1.jpg

Who wins in:

-Looks

-Overall usefulness

-A battle between the two

-General awesomeness

1. Snapping titan turtle with an Earth on its back. Awesome.

2. Great moves, awesome typing.

3. Torterra has higher HP than Venusaur. Its Attack is 109 to Venusaur's 83 Defense, while Venusaur's Sp. Attack is 100 to Torterra's 85 Sp. Defense.

4. Refer to 1 & 2.

gotta say Torterra just because of its grount typing, definatly gives it the advantage

1. Snapping titan turtle with an Earth on its back. Awesome.

2. Great moves, awesome typing.

3. Torterra has higher HP than Venusaur. Its Attack is 109 to Venusaur's 83 Defense, while Venusaur's Sp. Attack is 100 to Torterra's 85 Sp. Defense

4. Refer to 1 & 2.

Did you even read the first page?

Looks: Venusaur
Overall usefullness: Venusuar, he can inflict status and leech seed with a wide moveset
A battle: Torteera sad but true
Awesomeness: Venusaur, hes a classic 3rd pokemon in the Pokedex need I say more?

I say Torterra being the Sinnoh freak I am

I like it's design better for one thing. Who wouldn't want a turtle with a continent growing on it's back.

As for who would win a battle, it could go either way. It all depends on the stats and moves.

But for me, Torterra >>>>> Venusaur.

Venusaur. I love mine. He's a tank. Torterra is pretty good, but that 4x ice weakness...ouch.

Actually, Venusaur wins with better Speed ang Grass Knot
Depends on the nature. Torterra with Rash nature may be faster than Venusaur with Helpful nature and vice versa. but I agree completely with grass knot.

Venusaur. I love mine. He's a tank. Torterra is pretty good, but that 4x ice weakness...ouch.
I really hope that GF creates an item that halves the power of Ice-type moves if holder has 4x weakness to ice. The name could be Anorak or Fur Coat or something like that. But we always have Yache Berry.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom