• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wait! what? Moments

The fact that Lance's Gyarados knows Dragon Pulse in HG/SS (it's a Special move and Gyarados has crappy Special Attack).

Mine was that you can't teach Charizard Draco Meteor.

You can't capture Growlithe in Pokemon Blue, I REALLY wanted an Arcanine.

I always seem to get the least popular version.

Blue
Silver
Sapphire
Diamond
and possibly Black, unless I prefer the White mascot.

OT: You never know how overdesigned Yu-Gi-Oh is until you compare it to Pokemon.

-Lucian is a dude
-Finding Delibird in Icefall Cave (It, along with others like Dewgong and Lapras don't even appear there according to the Prima guidebook)
-Finding Mom entered in a Cute Super Contest
-You can't rematch Gym Leaders with the Vs. Seeker

When I was catching Moltres in LG, I got him down to 1hp and paralyzed and started chucking Ultra Balls as usual. Eventually I caught it while I wasn't looking, and I was quite happy. I realized much later that I had run out of Ultra Balls and accidentally used my Master Ball. FFF

I always give it to my HM Slave to hold. After my past experiences of saying "Fuck it" then chucking a Master Ball at Zapdos and Dialga, as well as later Cresselia, I convinced myself I couldn't be trusted with any more...

I know, epic patience fail...

I remember catching Latias in a Poke Ball. I was a very happy person. At least, until my brother lost his Pearl Version, which had my precious Pokemon...

So he kinda owes me Latias's Pokedex entry now.

-Lucian is a dude
-Finding Delibird in Icefall Cave (It, along with others like Dewgong and Lapras don't even appear there according to the Prima guidebook)
-Finding Mom entered in a Cute Super Contest
-You can't rematch Gym Leaders with the Vs. Seeker

I thought Lucian was a girl at first too...*shudders* Freaked out when I figured it out in the end.

catching articuno in a net ball in XD
my friend catching lugia in a net ball in HG

Not having played pokémon for a long time since GSC and starting up RSE and thinking that Slugma and Magcargo were gen III pokémon. It was so weird, I was a pokégeek back in the old days but the memory of those two was completely eradicated from my mind, lol.

And, ghosts in the old chateau? Nice! I have to check that out.

OT: You never know how overdesigned Yu-Gi-Oh is until you compare it to Pokemon.

d183fb29d0756f94024ebc0184e01f36.png

No kidding.

I was in a double battle with a computer partner in the Battle Tower today, and I was trying to use Toxic to posion the foe's Chansey (which had been using Minimize a lot). It used Metronome, and guess what it got?

Magic Coat. So yeah, my Vespiquen got posioned instead.

Vespiquen had the last laugh, though - she managed to posion the Chansey AND knock it out with Attack Order (before succuming to posion damage).

Sabrina's wardrobe in HGSS. Since when does she dress like a pop star?

Discovering that Skarmory is a Gen2 Pokémon. I thought it originated in Hoenn. .__.

Absentmindedly catching a Doduo in FR, just to discover later on that it was shiny. Sure, it's maybe a bit subtle, but not THAT subtle. I didn't realise until I next took it out of the box!

d183fb29d0756f94024ebc0184e01f36.png

No kidding.
Wow. o_O

My "what?" moment is when you battle Brock in HGSS and you get him down to his last Pokemon and he says, "Ahahahahaha! It tickles!"

What tickles, Brock? What?

Last edited:
How about Oak in HGSS when he gives you the Kanto Starter...

You have to train in tall grass, go through rutes so you can get to other towns and areas, catch a lot of Pokémon, and... Oh, wait, you already knew that didn't you?

It wasn't really a "Wait! What? moment", but I lol'd so hard...

Mine was when I found out I couldn't trade from gen II to III. My gf had a gbc/gba link cable so I guessed it was the same as the time machine in gen II since I skipped out on gen III. I was totally gonna buy a gba and emerald or something to get my lvl 100 charizard off blue all the way to platinum. It would have been a lot of trading but it would have been cool had it not been for that damn generation gap

Mines was when I was battling Silver, and he said "Why so serious" at one point. I'm a huge batnerd, and I almost had a hard attack.

I actually couldn't continue the battle till i looked it up to see if it was a glitch or not. And then...yeah. Best one I had :D

Wait, Ditto can't breed with each other?

Okay, a month late on that one. But I just remembered I didn't know that.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom