• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia: Revelations - Live Life - NEW AGE (TOWN) WINS - Ratings&Etc stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 2 Enjoy Valentine's with some rock music 2015-0

What do you think of the current wagons then? (Phoenicks, Marius)

Well I am kinda against the Marius wagon. Like Crackfox has said, why would Marius say she has a provable role when she doesn't? I think we should should see her prove her role first before voting her.

As for Phoenicks on the other hand...

Vote: Marius

Now upon seeing this, I immediately thought this was an attempt to bring discussion, but I also thought that it was weird that he just voted her without saying a word.

Why? You could at least add a reason. From what I saw, everyone else so far has posted a reason, and I think people have stopped voting for me. My position on RS was explained. I defended myself, and it seemed to be cleared up. Is there something that you would like to add, or do you want to ask me a question? Either of those could easily have been put in this post... just saying...

You're getting touchy for a random vote with no explanation.

It seemed like it was just for reaction as he even admits that it was a "random" vote.
I honestly think that Marius was just caught off guard and surprised by his vote.

You're one of the last people I'd expect to make random votes without explanation, especially late in the phase.

I haven't played a lot of games with Phoenicks but I'm guessing that "random" voting without explanation is unlike him.

What do you think of the current wagons then? (Phoenicks, Marius)

Well I am kinda against the Marius wagon. Like Crackfox has said, why would Marius say she has a provable role when she doesn't? I think we should should see her prove her role first before voting her.

As for Phoenicks on the other hand...

Now upon seeing this, I immediately thought this was an attempt to bring discussion, but I also thought that it was weird that he just voted her without saying a word.

Why? You could at least add a reason. From what I saw, everyone else so far has posted a reason, and I think people have stopped voting for me. My position on RS was explained. I defended myself, and it seemed to be cleared up. Is there something that you would like to add, or do you want to ask me a question? Either of those could easily have been put in this post... just saying...

It seemed like it was just for reaction as he even admits that it was a "random" vote.
I honestly think that Marius was just caught off guard and surprised by his vote.

You're one of the last people I'd expect to make random votes without explanation, especially late in the phase.

I also haven't played a lot of games with Phoenicks but I'm guessing that "random" voting without explanation is unlike him.

@Phoenicks; I would like to still know your reasoning for that vote?

Isn't that typical Phoenicks, doing something random on D1 to generate discussion? Since it's D1, there aren't that many scum reads.and personally I see this post as a way to generate discussion. However, it is odd that to do this he voted on a well discussed and well voted person.

To be fair though, he did vote after Marius had 0 votes on her but it still strikes me as odd. Why wouldn't he vote someone else? Maybe a more inactive person? Marius was extremely active and seemed willing to help the town.

@Phoenicks; I hope you know that your actions right now only serves to derail the thread and hold up the actual discussion that could get us somewhere.

Maybe his intentions were to try to derail the thread.

I thought that you might have had a reason that you chose not to share. You didn't tell it and give me a chance to reply in specifics- in fact, you still haven't posted your reasoning for focusing on me and it is getting annoying. So I posted a broad defense in the hopes that it would answer any questions you may have/defuse your reason for voting me. It evidently didn't work, because you left your vote on me and still haven't given the reasoning for it.

You're still touchy. I vote you without explanation, and you overreact. I say you overreact, and you act like I need to supply some other reason for voting.

I did not make a case against you. Why do I need to?

Whenever I get voted with little to no reasoning (town or not) I get a little annoyed. I remember something like this happened to me once (Don't remember which game though) where I got voted day 1 with no reasoning. It ended up being one but it didn't seem like a joke vote so I took it seriously. I may have overreacted but I ended up being town in that game.

Sure. I'll use it on me and Pheonicks, but I think that it'll result in a no lynch because we'd be tied. Just so you know.

I'm going to warn you that this is a bad idea. Why would you lock town into one of two lynches so early when our great cases are "you're touchy" and "you're lurking"?

She wants to prove her role so that she doesn't be lynched or be seen as a scum read (as I'm sure many people have her on their scum read list) yet, you're discouraging it.

I feel we should wait and see for when Marius proves her role before lynching her. Right now, I think voting Phoenicks is the best bet.

Vote: Phoenicks

Last edited:
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 2 Enjoy Valentine's with some rock music 2015-0

Confirming.

The role could still go either way though.

Admittedly I don't recall a moment he did something like that before, but I don't think it's weird that it would indicate he could be Mafia.

Yeah? Marius could be Mafia and still be caught off guard and be surprised by his vote.

Maybe he was just trying to put the nail in the coffin but he could have at least added an explanation.

Put the nail in the coffin for what? There were already 4 votes on Leggo and a vote on Marius wouldn't have harmed anything. I'm confused what exactly do you mean?

To be fair though, he did vote after Marius had 0 votes on her but it still strikes me as odd. Why wouldn't he vote someone else? Maybe a more inactive person? Marius was extremely active and seemed willing to help the town.

An inactive person might have taken time to respond. You're more likely to get a reply from somebody active, who you could try getting more out of.

I still don't get this claim of how he even derailed it... He even explained his vote.

She wants to prove her role so that she doesn't be lynched or be seen as a scum read (as I'm sure many people have her on their scum read list) yet, you're discouraging it.

I don't understand how she'd prove it if there would end up being a tie(before your vote) anyway.

Maybe he was just trying to put the nail in the coffin but he could have at least added an explanation.

Put the nail in the coffin for what? There were already 4 votes on Leggo and a vote on Marius wouldn't have harmed anything. I'm confused what exactly do you mean?

Yeah. I realized the problem with that before I actually posted it and I thought I deleted it but I guess I didn't. (fixed it now though)

I still don't get this claim of how he even derailed it... He even explained his vote.

Did he? Could you reply with the actual post? I think I may have missed it.

I don't understand how she'd prove it if there would end up being a tie(before your vote) anyway.

Exactly. So there most likely won't be a tie because I will be keeping my vote. I think you or one of the people on the Marius wagon should unvote her just to see if her claim is legit (Just incase someone on the Phoenicks wagon unvotes) And if it's not then we could just lynch her next day phase.

I wonder if voting no lynch(boring sure)but we don't risk hitting a third townie

If there is a no lynch then mafia get a free kill. And then it'll be like town didn't even try to lynch mafia

Did he? Could you reply with the actual post? I think I may have missed it.

I just looked back and think I confused my own explanation thinking he explained it, still he said it was a random vote.

Exactly. So there most likely won't be a tie because I will be keeping my vote. I think you or one of the people on the Marius wagon should unvote her just to see if her claim is legit (Just incase someone on the Phoenicks wagon unvotes) And if it's not then we could just lynch her next day phase.

I'm not unvoting her if I could still try getting a lynch on her, I'd rather she has the most votes with the role active.

Scum also have provable roles. Why does this make a difference?

I haven't played a lot of games with Phoenicks but I'm guessing that "random" voting without explanation is unlike him.

Why is "scum Phoenicks" your first explanation for this observation? Please elaborate on why you think I'm scummy. Since you espouse familiarity with my meta, it'd be really appreciated if you could compare this with other Phoenicks meta.

I think Marius' plan is a bad idea. Do you disagree? Or are you just going to call me scummy for disagreeing?

Because, right now, it looks like you're looking for an excuse to join a wagon.

I feel we should wait and see for when Marius proves her role before lynching her. Right now, I think voting Phoenicks is the best bet.

After Marius proves her role, are you willing to lynch her? Or not? Right now you've committed yourself to "not now, maybe later" without explaining why later is better.

Does anyone else see this or is it just me?

Why is later better?

Scum also have provable roles. Why does this make a difference?

Because we could save a potential townie. If she does prove her role then we should let it up to the cop to check her if they want to.

Why is "scum Phoenicks" your first explanation for this observation? Please elaborate on why you think I'm scummy. Since you espouse familiarity with my meta, it'd be really appreciated if you could compare this with other Phoenicks meta.

You're taking what I said out of context. I don't know if you noticed but I replied to a post saying "You're one of the last people I'd expect to make random votes without explanation, especially late in the phase."
I was guessing you don't do this stuff often based on that. That's why I said guessing in the comment you're talking about.

I think Marius' plan is a bad idea. Do you disagree? Or are you just going to call me scummy for disagreeing?

Because, right now, it looks like you're looking for an excuse to join a wagon.

I'm calling you scummy for not explaining the reason for your vote in Day1. Not because you disagree.

After Marius proves her role, are you willing to lynch her? Or not? Right now you've committed yourself to "not now, maybe later" without explaining why later is better.

I am absolutely willing to lynch her if she doesn't prove her role. As I said before, we can save a possible townie. That's why the latter is better. Remember that we didn't know about her provable role in Day1 and I don't think she would've felt comfortable using her role in Day1. I feel that we should give her a chance to prove her role before just straight up lynching her.

I just looked back and think I confused my own explanation thinking he explained it, still he said it was a random vote.

Random would be putting all of our names in a hat and pulling a name out and then voting that person. I think there was more reason behind the vote than it just being "random" and I would like to hear it.

@Mintaka; Votecount plz?

After reviewing the thread...

FoS:pheonicks

Do you only actively post in defense of yourself while accusing others, or do you have something not blame-shifting related to say?

I wonder if voting no lynch(boring sure)but we don't risk hitting a third townie

If there is a no lynch then mafia get a free kill. And then it'll be like town didn't even try to lynch mafia

Says the person who doesn't vote on D1.
FoS: Denial
Another thing Denial. If Marius proves her role, will you not vote her ever? You see, if we believe Marius after proving her role, we might as well believe the rolecop who knows someone else's role or the claimed godfather who inspects as town. Basically what I am trying to say is that using your logic, almost anyone can be proven innocent.

Random would be putting all of our names in a hat and pulling a name out and then voting that person. I think there was more reason behind the vote than it just being "random" and I would like to hear it.

What reason could there be???? Do you really think Phoenicks might have really deliberately placed only a vote to derail the thread?

Denial, you have two great contradictions, and I'll give you a chance to reconcile them:

Because we could save a potential townie. If she does prove her role then we should let it up to the cop to check her if they want to.

1) If Marius proves her role, you are still willing to lynch her. If Marius proves her role, you are still willing to not lynch her. Why wait for role proof at all?

I'm calling you scummy for not explaining the reason for your vote in Day1. Not because you disagree.

2) You implied that my stance on Marius was bad right before voting me. I replied directly to this comment, and you directed attention toward your vote-suspicion. That is, you suspect me for suggesting Marius not use her role, but won't admit it. Do you think it's scummy I don't want Marius to use her role?

Says the person who doesn't vote on D1.

That's different. I have stated in several games that I encourage lynches in Day1. I just don't like taking part in them. And I know how that sounds but like I said, I don't like taking part in lynches with mostly joke votes, and I have nothing to go off of that I need to make a (most of the time unfunny) jokevote myself. But I understand how lynches onb Day1 can help the town. I was really mad in Red Dwarf mafia when there was a no lynch in Day 1 and I made sure there wasn't one again in that game until I died.

FoS: Denial
Another thing Denial. If Marius proves her role, will you not vote her ever? You see, if we believe Marius after proving her role, we might as well believe the rolecop who knows someone else's role or the claimed godfather who inspects as town. Basically what I am trying to say is that using your logic, almost anyone can be proven innocent.

Can there be a vote splitting godfather? (And I'm not being sarcastic.) I've never seen one before. If that's the case then I probably will vote for her if there is an unbearable amount of evidence against her if she comes up as town on the cop's report if she is checked. But if there isn't a large amount of evidence against her after she was checked then I'm just gonna assume she is town.

@Mintaka; Votecount plz?

After reviewing the thread...

FoS:pheonicks

Do you only actively post in defense of yourself while accusing others, or do you have something not blame-shifting related to say?

So, when he's called out on not contributing, it's bad, but when he contributes by saying what he finds weird it's blame-shifting? Can't somebody both protect himself and accuse others? Is nobody seriously seeing what's wrong with that?

Denial, you have two great contradictions, and I'll give you a chance to reconcile them:

1) If Marius proves her role, you are still willing to lynch her. If Marius proves her role, you are still willing to not lynch her. Why wait for role proof at all?
If Marius proves her role and is checked by cop and comes up as town I'm not willing to lynch her at first. If she is checked and comes up as mafia then I am absolutely willing to lynch her.

2) You implied that my stance on Marius was bad right before voting me. I replied directly to this comment, and you directed attention toward your vote-suspicion. That is, you suspect me for suggesting Marius not use her role, but won't admit it. Do you think it's scummy I don't want Marius to use her role?

When you said plan I didn't think you meant her choice to use her role. You should have been more specific. I thought you were talking about the whole argument with you voting Marius and then Marius "overreacting" and the wagon against you as a whole.

What reason could there be???? Do you really think Phoenicks might have really deliberately placed only a vote to derail the thread?

If he's mafia then yea. I did something similar to that in DR mafia.

Pheonicks, I apologize....I seem to have read that series of pages wrong...I got you confused with someone else...

FoS:Soulmaster

Vote:Soulmaster

Inactive, uninformative, and therefore Scummy...

The way I see it is we have two choices this late in the game. Phoenicks or Marius. We might as well forget about their roles because Marius can't prove her alliance either way and Phoenicks could have any role. If I had to back someone i'd go with Marius. She's contributed a lot more and in my opinion her reaction to everything so far has seemed very authentic. I find myself thinking 'if so and so said/did that to me I would have the same reaction' and I know i'm town so..

Phoenicks is too much of a closed book in this game. It took the thread to bandwagon him for him to speak up and when I asked for his thoughts/reads on people he responded by saying I 'was probably town'. No reasons given and he ignored me when I asked him for it. Way too evasive for my liking. I personally think there's more to be gained from finding out his alliance than there is for Marius (well for me anyway xD)

If Marius proves her role and is checked by cop and comes up as town I'm not willing to lynch her at first. If she is checked and comes up as mafia then I am absolutely willing to lynch her.

Folks

Denial has suggested that he's unwilling to lynch Marius today. When pressed, his answer is that he's willing to lynch Marius depending on a cop result. This is not townhunting. This is not town.

When you said plan I didn't think you meant her choice to use her role. You should have been more specific. I thought you were talking about the whole argument with you voting Marius and then Marius "overreacting" and the wagon against you as a whole.

I specifically said I was against Marius using her role. You responded to that exact quote and suggested it was scummy. I don't believe that your confusion is genuine.

For the grand charges of having weak opinions under scrutiny, abandoning positions when challenged, contradictory reads on Marius, waiting for cop checks before taking opinions, jaywalking, and the like, I:

Vote: Denial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom