• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

whats your favorite pokemon in the 5th gen.

I have a few this generation

Pokabu and its evos
koromori
Zuruzukin
Desukaan
Urugamoth

I...I can't pick one.
I love all of Isshu's pokemon for it's own reasons, except for Gear, mainly his evolutions moreso than Gear himself.

I'll...try to think of something to put.

Zurug, because it looks like something out of One Piece. Its typing is cool and its pants-pulling is awesome as well.

Ranculus, for being a creative concept. Being damn cute also helps.

Shibirudon is also pretty cool as well. The giant,sucking,electric eel is truly nightmare fuel!

Kurumiru. It's even my favorite Pokemon of all time now.

Definitely Shanderaa, closely followed by Gochiruzeru and Meloetta.

I love Desukan (finally I have a favourite ghost type), Emonga (wanted Pachirisu to have evolved into electric/flying and this is as good as), Miju's second form, Kokoromori, Swanna, Erufuun, Yanakki, Musharna, Kibago and his evolutions (first dragon Pokemon I've really liked), the dark/steel one, blue karate guy, Moley and his evo and and Zuruzukin.

Way too many. Sorry if this is long, guys.

Hihidaruma - Easily my favourite of the batch. I tend to like weirder pokemon, and between his fixed stare, toothy grin, flaming eyebrows and fists that would make solid concrete crumble in terror, he's as weird as they come. I also think the inspiration behind him is genius stuff. That is some epic punning, GF.

Yanakey - Christ, just look at the face on this smug arsehole. He's a cool cat- uhh, monkey with a groovy pompador, giving a perpetual 'thumbs-up', who likely spends his time around jukeboxes at the Malt Shoppe. What's not to like?

Mogurew - I like his evolution too, but Mogu's cuteness and somewhat dopey expressions sells it a little more, methinks. 'Bout time we finally got a proper mole too, and it didn't dissapoint. I really dig those shovel claws and how it drills through the earth. Puttin' Echidnas to shame.

Vulchai and *snicker* Vuljina - "Why Killer. What you waiting forrr? Get going, get a move on, scrrrram!"
"Ahuhuhuhu, nope nope nope, Ahuhuh, Nope, nope, I don't wanna, Ahuhuh!"
Also, diggin' the skeletal attire. To paraphase; it's disgusting, it's fashionable, it's disgustingly fashionable.

Miruhog - I think it's merely the fact that he looks so intensely pissed off that makes this thing so loveable. I can't look at it's face o' fury without grinning.

Zurug and Zuruzukin -I think anyone can justify their fondness for these guys simply by mentioning the pants. Hmm....that sentence didn't sound quite as awkward in my head....

Archen and Archeos - I love birds, and being the first, the Archeopteryx has always facinated me. Naturally I'm going to like a 'mon based on them.

Ranculus - Undoubtedly one of the more adorable and visually interesting pokemon, and a clever take on the concept of the homonuculus to boot.

Deathkan - Waited ages to see this thing's face, and thankfully I wasn't dissapointed. Just an incredible looking pokemon in general, and fittingly creepy.

Last edited:
I still can't decide between Zuruguu pulling its pants up and Zuruzukin wearing its former face as a hoodie. It may even take Infernape's place as my favourite Pokemon.

I can't even decide. All of the pokemon look awesome, easily the best designed generation of pokemon yet. If I had to narrow it down, Wargle would be towards the top, pretty much every fighting type pokemon they created this generation would be up there, Marakachi is also a favorite... ugh, I don't know :/

the grassmonkey evo is my favorite. It reminded me of stripe from gremlins as soon as I saw it, and I will totally get one in-game.

My favorites...

* Zuruggu: Easily my favorite now, no questions asked, due to its cool typing, funny design, and overall its general personality. I liked it as soon as I saw Melkor's art. I like Zuruzukin too, but definitely think the pre-evolution is cuter.

* Mogurew: Before Zuruggu came along, this was my favorite, in part due, to like most of my favorites, its eyes alone. Don't laugh! Eyes make a lot of Pokemon for me! That's why I'm not too keen on Tsunbear...weird, beady eyes just don't work for it.

* Hihidaruma: First Pokemon I really took a liking too among the first batch of pre-release Pokemon we got back in...June was it? Darumakka is also very cute as well.

* Gamagaru: I took a liking to Otamaro when I saw Melkor's art because it was so goofy, and Gamageroge isn't bad at all, but my favorite part of the line is definitely Gamagaru because, when viewed from behind, it looks like it's sporting some rocking headphones.

* Koromori: Another extremely cute Pokemon, and a nice replacement for the Zubat line, who I found alright, its evolution is cute too, but I just prefer the fur-covered eyes a bit more. I also love their flying animation in the games...very smooth.

* Tsutarja: I like the evolutions but, since I've had the first form around longer, I like it the most at the moment. I generally like Grass-Pokemon, and snake Pokemon, so this was an easy match.

^^^and those are my Black Team incidentally, so here's some other ones I like but haven't used...

* Dageki and Nageki: Humanoid fighters are another type of Pokemon I like, and these guys are just non-flashy fighters straight up. I'd say Dageki edges out over Nageki due to its cool monobrow...which does indeed make it look like it has a Hitler mustache.

* Dotekkotsu: I have NO CLUE what inspired GameFreak to make these freaks, but they're so goofy, especially Steroid Abuser Ronald McDonald, that I just can't hate them. Plus, this guy fights with a frigging steel beam!

* Minezumi: It looks nuts. My favorite early rodent, definitely.

* Kaburumo and Chobomaki line: Cool idea for evolution, and a knight bug and ninja slug are great as well.

* Maggyo: New Dunsparce.

* Monose: The PokeDex entry makes me feel so worried for this cute little fella, I just took a liking to it.

* Djinn Trio: Besides the fact their sprites look the same, which I assume will be fixed with Sugimori's Art, these guys are pretty neat. Interesting typings all around, one of them the anticipated PURE FLYING!, and cool mustaches. I've seen some people complain because they don't look super serious, but in fact like their whimsical look. Don't know who my favorite is yet, haven't decided, but I'd say Torneos.

Forgive Me for not knowing the japanese names, But my All time favorite of this gen is The Flying Hydra, easily. Then The Fossil Turtle, Then The Fire Anteater, then that cute Psychic dude trapped in the Endoplasm

Attachments

• 635.png
    635.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 579.png
    579.png
    950 bytes · Views: 202
Alright, now let's get cracking on the list:

* Gobitto & Goruggo: Ghosts are my favourite type, so I can say that helps. But what's amazing about them is that they are live robots that have a cool design, and even the shiny colour is the best. They also have a promising offensive movepool, with Dynamic Punch, Focus Punch and even Hammer Arm in the list, not to mention essentials like Shadow Punch and Earthquake. Most important, Goruggo possesses the ability to fly, which is unique considering his non-flying and non-legendary status.

* Shanderaa line (the candles and lamps): They are also Ghosts, but not only that, they are cute too, and slightly eerie (if you read the PokeDex entries, you will know what I mean). Perhaps the most intriguing things about them are their typing and Dream World ability. Their type is unique, and a new type combination is always refreshing too. Shadow Tag is an immensely useful ability, since they can get KOs out of it without the opponents trying to escape. However, Shanderaa has the privilege of having an obscenely high Special Attack, which even Heatran wishes he has too.

* Pururiru and Burunkeru: Again, another set of Ghosts. They look funny, partly because they are one of the very few Pokemon this generation to have the dimorphism treatment (Kenherou is the other), and their typing is also useful. Not long after the games are released, they have been lauded as one of the best Pokemon to use competitively, for their longevity (Recover helps) and movepool.

* Desukaan: Another Ghost, but wait! Only Desukaan is listed. This is because I am not wholly interested to his pre-evolution. A sarcophagus is a fun object to make a Pokemon out of, and it indeed looks creepy too. His defensive capability even rivals Dusknoir, except that he has differences that make him stand out from him, like being able to learn Nasty Plot, and the ability to breed with the Mineral Egg Group (which fellow Ghost Froslass happens to be in).

* Rankurusu line: This is one of the cutest lines of Pokemon I had seen, and even the concept behind them is very awesome. They are part cell, part artificial person. Their movepool is quite neat, with their ability to give their partners their prized Magic Guard ability or even Trick items, and of course, Recover. Basically, they have great battling potential, if you can get past the fact that their Speed is very low (but they have Trick Room).

* Tesshido and Nattorei: They arrived the scene as the first Grass/Steel Pokemon, and already they have proven themselves to be rather useful. From their amazing defences and their support moves (and high-powered moves Power Whip and Gyro Ball), it's no wonder competitive players considers them as one of the best Pokemon to have. Let's not forget that their ability punishes contact moves, which is a great ability for a defensive Pokemon.

* Erufuun and Doredia: They are version exclusives that are not really version exclusives (you can trade their pre-evolution form in their respective games). Erufuun is a cute cotton Pokemon with a devastating ability, causing mischief to all sorts of opponents from paralysis to set-up stopping. He/she is so devastating that even Jumpluff is scared of him/her now! As for Doredia, she is quite feminine, and is still elegant. The perks of Doredia are her ability to learn Butterfly Dance (only Grass to get this move), Petal Dance (with Own Tempo) and the almighty You First (great when used with Chlorophyll and Butterfly Dance boosts). Overall, they have great battling capacity.

* Hahakurimo line: Kurumiru is cute, and everyone agrees with that. The exciting thing about Kurumiru's line is that, unlike other early bugs (Wurmple family, Beedrill line and Butterfree line), he/she is a complete Pokemon, with the ability to learn TMs and Egg moves even at an early stage, which is a positive thing to many. Even his/her battling capability is not that bad, at least compared to Wormadam, because he/she gets Baton Pass (and some boosting moves too) and Leaf Storm. Overall, an improvement for a Bug/Grass type.

* Tamagetake and Morobaeru: They are the newest mushrooms in town, and they will be fooling people and Pokemon alike into thinking they are Pokeballs. As mushrooms, they are entitled to the move Spore, which is the best move in the game, and the one with the best defensive typing of all the users of the move, not to mention their ability to live long thanks to Synthesis (strange move for them) and bulk.

* Bachura and Denchura: They are my favourite spiders as of now, because they are cute, especially Bachura, who is really furry, and has interesting habits too (like absorbing electric from electric outlets), and of course, their size (10cm). Obviously, even their type combination rocks too.

This is getting long, so I hope you enjoyed my thoughts here.

Thanks for reading.

Ononokusu is tied with Warubiru... But there are so many cool other ones...

Hihidaruma..
Both Fossils..
Wargle..
Grass/Steel spike pokemon..
Zekrom..
ROOPUSHIN.

I coulda sworn that I wrote on this already, but whatever.

For sure Wargle. He is definitely my Flyer. also I recently learned how awesome the Ghost/Ground Pokemon is. I can't remember its name. I really like Enbuoo, and Baffuron is so cool.

Back
Top Bottom