• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY139: Farewell Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosicy's Counterattack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some on Gfaqs posted a very interesting theory concerning greninjas transformation....

A new theory about Ash Greninja based on new anime developments - Pokemon Sun Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs
Now that's one heck of a theory there, I kinda believe that theory as when Squishy joined the group and Frogadier evolved to Greninja, it started to change into Ash-Greninja, now that Squishy's gone and Kalos is safe once more, Greninja would do one final transformation before permanently losing it

Kinda reminds me of a few other kids shows where the main protagonist sacrifices his/her powers for one final attack to save the world once and for all and the show is over, this is exactly the same thing

I hope this is not a release episode. If it is then I be pretty furious with the writers. This is Ash's first fully evolve water starter and releasing it would be awful. Goodra would be going back to the swamp so we don't need another pokemon of Ash not going to Oak's lab.

'Farewell' may not mean a goodbye to the form. Is it possible that Greninja will have to learn how to attain the Synchro-Evolution on its own and protect Kalos..... if Xerosic releases some weird radiation as part of his scheme.

Whatever. This episode simply means that sadly, there will be no rematch with Alain.

P.S. Can the Pokemon writers make Hawlucha return to his position as Forest Champion? Either that or he starts flexing his muscles to Unfezant at Oak's Lab.

Well, I do not think that it's a release episode for one second. Greninja is too important for that, and I still don't think Goodra will be re-released either. These are my expectations for the 5 Kalos Pokemon's fates.

Greninja - Won't lose the form and will got back to Oak's lab.
Talonflame - Will go back to Oak's lab and will race against the other birds.
Hawlucha - Goes to train in the forest and can be called upon.
Goodra - Goes back to the wetlands and can be called upon.
Noivern - Goes back to the lab and has an emotional goodbye with Hawlucha, who is a father figure.

I'm just really interested to see if that theory will be the case with Greninja. I certainly want it to keep that form, and I'm sure the writers will make the right decision based on the amazing season they've created. Have faith :)

I cannot be certain. It is an interesting theory, but the lore behind Mega Evolution in the games does not exist in the anime as far as I can tell, save for the original Mega Lucario. I cannot be certain if the power of Xerneas and Yveltal created the Mega Stones, or even if Zygarde has replaced that role in some regard. If it does, then Zygarde has greater importance than we realized. It isn't just a guardian. It perhaps represents the greatest power in the pokeworld.
The power of unification.

This is pretty much how they intend to justify Ash not sweeping all of Alola with Greninja's Bond Phenomenon. It'd be as though Infernape somehow lost access to Blaze.

So not only did they give Ash's strongest Pokemon on undeserved loss in the Kalos League, but then they TAKE IT FROM US PERMANENTLY.

Holy letdown, Batman.

imo they won't make ash-greninja leave cuz they prob would have not spoiled it with the title if they are getting rid of greninja ._.

Well, I do not think that it's a release episode for one second. Greninja is too important for that, and I still don't think Goodra will be re-released either. These are my expectations for the 5 Kalos Pokemon's fates.

Greninja - Won't lose the form and will got back to Oak's lab.
Talonflame - Will go back to Oak's lab and will race against the other birds.
Hawlucha - Goes to train in the forest and can be called upon.
Goodra - Goes back to the wetlands and can be called upon.
Noivern - Goes back to the lab and has an emotional goodbye with Hawlucha, who is a father figure.

With the relationship between Hawlucha and Noivern I can't see it staying in the forest, since it would probably want to keep an eye on Noivern and I know the forest was special to it, but I think its bond with Ash now is more important and the probably doesn't need protection anymore.
This is pretty much how they intend to justify Ash not sweeping all of Alola with Greninja's Bond Phenomenon. It'd be as though Infernape somehow lost access to Blaze.

Well I don't think its their justification for doing so, because I doubt Ash would bring his Greninja to Alola just because its powerful form, because that would mean that Ash solely relies on that form, when he doesn't, because he does use other Pokemon, like recently when he used all of his Pokemon against Lysandre. The reason why Greninja isn't coming to Alola is probably just because it isn't an Alolan Pokemon, and it wouldn't be marketable for the Sun and Moon series.
So not only did they give Ash's strongest Pokemon on undeserved loss in the Kalos League, but then they TAKE IT FROM US PERMANENTLY.

Holy letdown, Batman.

Don't be so hasty, it might not lose its form. Things have been implied before, yet the implications ended up turning out being false.
imo they won't make ash-greninja leave cuz they prob would have not spoiled it with the title if they are getting rid of greninja ._.
As much as I agree that it's likely that this might just be a misdirection, there have been titles that have spoiled things before.

It doesn't make sense to have fans fret over Greninja losing its powers if they aren't actually going ahead with it. The title doesn't even have a question mark.

There's nothing "likely" about this being a misdirection.

It doesn't make sense to have fans fret over Greninja losing its powers if they aren't actually going ahead with it. The title doesn't even have a question mark.

There's nothing "likely" about this being a misdirection.

Uh, like it was stated earlier, "Goodbye Koduck! Come Again Golduck?" and "Goodbye Rocket-dan! Love of Nyarth!?". Also, they've man fans think things were going to happen that didn't several times, so there actually IS a likely possibility of this being yet ANOTHER misdirection.

Uh, like it was stated earlier, "Goodbye Koduck! Come Again Golduck?" and "Goodbye Rocket-dan! Love of Nyarth!?".
Those all have question marks, implying something fishy.

Also, they've man fans think things were going to happen that didn't several times, so there actually IS a likely possibility of this being yet ANOTHER misdirection.
It almost always involves generating false hype. In this case, most people are not excited about the prospect of Greninja losing its powers, so why imply it for no good reason?

Those all have question marks, implying something fishy.

It almost always involves generating false hype. In this case, most people are not excited about the prospect of Greninja losing its powers, so why imply it for no good reason?

There are no question marks after Koduck or Rocket-dan. Just because they were used on the other part of the title, it doesn't mean that the first parts don't imply that Psyduck and Meowth were going to leave.

And not really, I remember a lot of the summaries for these these "leaving" episodes, and they're just misdirections, especially in the most recent series's. Their summaries usually mention that the specific Pokemon are going to leave their trainers because of X reasons, but they all end up staying. I'm not sure if any of the summaries for XY070 implied that Goodra would leave, unlike the title, but even so, Goodra was still seen again. With this situation, like the others, this could go either way, seeing as the people who advertise these episodes like to build things up, whether they turn out to be true or not.

Seeing Xerosic back for revenge is sweet enough, but getting rid of Ash-Greninja is a sweet bonus! :D

The only thing that would make it perfect is if Xero's Malamar is revealed to be the one from early in the series (though I think that ship has sailed).

Seeing Xerosic back for revenge is sweet enough, but getting rid of Ash-Greninja is a sweet bonus! :D
You're one of the few people like me who doesn't really care about Ash-Greninja going away since it wasn't really explained well in the first place.

You're one of the few people like me who doesn't really care about Ash-Greninja going away since it wasn't really explained well in the first place.

Plus, I never liked how overused, overpowered, and overexposed it was.

Everyone gives Alan crap for MCX, but I fail to see how A-Greninja is much better...

Plus, I never liked how overused, overpowered, and overexposed it was.

Everyone gives Alan crap for MCX, but I fail to see how A-Greninja is much better...
Ash over used his Frogadier ever since it evolved into a Greninja and gains Ash-Greninja. He used him so much that he over shadowed all of Ash's other Pokemon, including Pikachu, even Pikachu agreed that he wasn't getting enough of his Ash's attention. Noivern ended up being under developed as a result.

Both Pokemon are strong and could be evenly matched. Those people that complain about MCX failed to realize that Charizard lost as a Charmeleon and it also lost in the first Mega Evolution episode, and Carizard had almost lost against Greninja as well. Calling Alain's Charizzard over powered is like calling all of Ash's ace Pokemon and Cynthia's Garchomp over powered, it's rediculas.

Calling Alain's Charizzard over powered is like calling all of Ash's ace Pokemon and Cynthia's Garchomp over powered, it's rediculas.
Except none of them have yet to beat ten Mega Evolved Pokémon consecutively with very limited time to recover. It's a marathon that I doubt Ash's own Charizard would break. I'm leaving out the Elite Four battle afterwards because Garchomp eats them whole.

The point is that Alain's Charizard was doing this for far longer than Ash's Greninja. Charizard was being OP even when Greninja was just a Froakie. Both of them had the same problem but I saw Greninja as the lesser of the two. I hope none of Ash's possible Alola rivals fall down this same path.

Both Pokemon are strong and could be evenly matched. Those people that complain about MCX failed to realize that Charizard lost as a Charmeleon and it also lost in the first Mega Evolution episode, and Carizard had almost lost against Greninja as well. Calling Alain's Charizzard over powered is like calling all of Ash's ace Pokemon and Cynthia's Garchomp over powered, it's rediculas.

You can lose and still be called overpowered, it's not like a couple losses completely write off a character's entire history, you have to take the whole thing and then assess it.

Lets look at Mega Charizard X's successes:
-Beats Ash-Greninja in every match, with the second one being the closest they had.
-Defeats 10 Megas in a row, including Malva's Mega Houndoom.
-Was evenly matched with Zygarde 50% form.
-Held its own against Steven's Mega Metagross.
-Slaughtered the league mostly by itself, the only exceptions being the match with Ash and the Garchomp guy, the latter of which we lack the full context on, so for all we know it took out all six of his team as well.
-Managed to take strong hits from both of Ash's strongest Pokémon and still remain standing.

By comparison, it's only losses were against Lysandre's Pyroar as a Charmeleon (so not fully evolved or in Mega form) and Siebold's Mega Blastoise, both opponents of which are established to be extremely strong opponents. Looking at that and then at its impressive successes, I don't see how the losses really make Mega Charizard X not look overpowered. It managed to sweep other opponents on its own and take down (or at least, fare well against) usually deemed strong trainers and Pokémon. Those are hugely impressive feats and very few trainers have ever been portrayed to that level of strength. So honestly, I would argue that Mega Charizard X, at least as far as the story presents it, is overpowered as its successes largely outdo its very few failures.

Now in terms of the comparison to Ash-Greninja, I have mixed feelings on that one for multiple reasons as well and I will agree that at its peak it was arguably portrayed as too strong as well, but it was allowed to fail multiple times before reaching that peak. It wasn't like Ash started at the top with it and stayed there, they were forced to climb up and then reach it, MCX started strong and remained so for its entire existence. It didn't really get a chance to fully fail and develop like Ash and his Greninja did, and for that reason only, I would say that Ash-Greninja are at least slightly better handled then how MCX was in terms of their feats. It was not good I would say, but I wouldn't quite put them in the same league.

They just call it Ash-Greninja now, and I think we're looking too far into the title. They're probably not saying goodbye to the form, just the Pokemon itself. That could easily happen, but there is one thing I'm expecting.
The Ninja Village.
Surely they didn't foreshadow some legendary Greninja in a painting for no reason. Ash and Greninja need to return in order to understand the lore and history behind the form. That way, Greninja may actually continue to train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom