• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia YuGiOh! | Battle City Finals Mafia | [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't killed anyone successfully.

Also I can't think of many people that would actully off anyone specific at any point during the finals. The participants were Odion, Marik, Joey, Kaiba, Yugi, Mai, Ishzu and Bakura. The extras are Mokuba, Tristan, and Tea. I'm more willing to believe mokuba is not a character since he didn't play much of a role. Also I believe that the 8 that participated in the actual duels are in the game. I believe we should question all who are not within those 8 claims.
The death of Tea kind of destroys that idea.

Wrong. Unless it is my target on the chopping block, then it is actually in my better interest to lynch mafia if my target is town since that'll slightly lessen the chance of my target being nked.

Oh, come on. I'm not stupid. You should know how much that doesn't make sense.

If there's only one Mafia, then yeah, they wouldn't be able to Nightkill anyone if they're dead, but if there's two, then they still could, and can Nightkill who you want lynched. I don't get it, if you're truly an Independent why not just out who your target is? You would risk the Mafia Nightkilling the person you need lynched, but instead you don't out them? It honestly makes your claim kind of hard to believe sometimes. Lynching Mafia also makes it harder for you to get your target lynched, because sooner or later if the Mafia is dead and assuming they don't kill your target, and you're the only player alive that is seemingly preventing the game from ending, then you'll be lynched and lose.

They haven't killed anyone successfully.

wHOOPS... I'm so used to the Mafia successfully killing somebody every night that it slipped my mind that in N1 nobody died. I swear that this is an honest to god slip, no intentional "they'll think i'm more likely town for this mistake" plan.

Also I can't think of many people that would actully off anyone specific at any point during the finals. The participants were Odion, Marik, Joey, Kaiba, Yugi, Mai, Ishzu and Bakura. The extras are Mokuba, Tristan, and Tea. I'm more willing to believe mokuba is not a character since he didn't play much of a role. Also I believe that the 8 that participated in the actual duels are in the game. I believe we should question all who are not within those 8 claims.

Hmm, honestly wouldn't that be too easy?

Oh, come on. I'm not stupid. You should know how much that doesn't make sense.

If there's only one Mafia, then yeah, they wouldn't be able to Nightkill anyone if they're dead, but if there's two, then they still could, and can Nightkill who you want lynched. I don't get it, if you're truly an Independent why not just out who your target is? You would risk the Mafia Nightkilling the person you need lynched, but instead you don't out them? It honestly makes your claim kind of hard to believe sometimes. Lynching Mafia also makes it harder for you to get your target lynched, because sooner or later if the Mafia is dead and assuming they don't kill your target, and you're the only player alive that is seemingly preventing the game from ending, then you'll be lynched and lose.
How does outing my target protect them from mafia? And I said less of a chance. LESS OF A CHANCE! When you have less and less people making decisions in the killing, it changes ideas of who to kill. Outing my target does nothing but hinder me. And I never even said they're a townie. Say they are Marik then again outing them is not good. Though all in all whether my target is town or mafia, I have no reason to help mafia since they're more of a threat than town to me. Also the fact that I have a special hatred for mafia whenever I'm indep because 90% of my indep roles literally got screwed over because of mafia. To me helping mafia offers nothing.

How does outing my target protect them from mafia?

It's only assuming they're Town. "WolfOwl needs X character dead, lets not nightkill them so she can join us!".

And I said less of a chance. LESS OF A CHANCE! When you have less and less people making decisions in the killing, it changes ideas of who to kill.

But that's not necessarily true that it would change the thinking of the Mafia to the point that it would help benefit you more.

Outing my target does nothing but hinder me. And I never even said they're a townie. Say they are Marik then again outing them is not good. Though all in all whether my target is town or mafia, I have no reason to help mafia since they're more of a threat than town to me. Also the fact that I have a special hatred for mafia whenever I'm indep because 90% of my indep roles literally got screwed over because of mafia. To me helping mafia offers nothing.

It hinders you in some ways but if they're Town then if the Mafia do good enough, you're good to ally with them. The Mafia is always different people...

@HumanDawn Also another thing-say my target is town-and we hit mafia enough to where a mislynch wouldn't screw the whole game over and would still allow town to win then hopefully you guys could be kind of enough to help me.

Good point actually, I hadn't thought of that. Wait... then why not out who it is then?

Going to read through this all in a bit and reply. Would do it sooner but forums were down.

I know this may sound hypocritical coming from me, but scum!Human would still have every reason to sheep on Elementar.

WO sheeping jackatlasred isn’t that bad, she claimed lyncher after all, and she may want to confuse us over who her target is; doubt it would ever be jack/Joey Wheeler, though.

@HumanDawn; I trust Pikochu because of how he CCd my claim and is posting more than he did in Starters/Chaos. We’re not anything like masons etc. but tbqh I wouldn’t mind you believing that for a bit because I didn’t want a Pikochu lynch, I admit it. Although he’s getting busier and busier :(

Not going to clear HD over his “slip” because it’s not hard for scum!him to have done that.

I’ll re-read the order of votes/wagons after I come back (which will be after update), perhaps there are some answers there. We’ve got lots of inactive people, several people making easy pushes and HumanDawn who still has lots of scum equity :( I’m paranoid and worried about the numbers to the point that everyone starts looking scum instead of town now.

Not going to clear HD over his “slip” because it’s not hard for scum!him to have done that.

It's not in my scum meta to fabricate "slips" to make me appear more Town. I'm not that much of a cheap Mafia player to say stuff like that, at least, not intentionally. I was honestly just typing my post in a rush and that's how it came out.

I’ll re-read the order of votes/wagons after I come back (which will be after update), perhaps there are some answers there. We’ve got lots of inactive people, several people making easy pushes and HumanDawn who still has lots of scum equity :( I’m paranoid and worried about the numbers to the point that everyone starts looking scum instead of town now.

sAME... honestly this game is confusing with all the nameclaims and claims... hopefully after this phase ends we'll get a lead, like those miraculous spy results Lunaala got in TWR Mafia.

I don't particularly trust @WolfOwl but I'd be fine not going after her tomorrow. It's too just too much of a risk...

What do you think of jackatlasred, by the way?

Day 3 Start

Kaiba: Where is my little brother. You two. Find him, and find him now.

Crone 2: Y-yes sir, Mr. Kaiba sir.

Crone 1: I actually know what happened. I reviewed the security tapes. The young master Kaiba was taken away by thugs.

Kaiba: Thugs? But we took care of those mask-wearing thugs about 10 episodes ago.

Crone 1: I know. Mr. Kaiba, it seems like these people don't understand that we're supposed to be following a script.

Kaiba: I don't care about the script. 4Kids can burn for all I care. I'll just buy them out after this tournament ends. Now where. Is. My. Brother.

Crone 2: Uhhh, Mr. Kaiba sir. I think this other security tape will tell us where he is, but you're not going to be happy.

Kaiba: Play it.

While watching the second tape, the three discovered that Mokuba was captured, tied up and strung from a helicopter...again...but this time, the cord broke and Mokuba fell about 15,000 feet to the ground, while still tied up. There's no way he survived the fall, because his landing was even recorded, and well, when you land on rocks, you don't survive.

Don't you hate it when an unexpected kidnapping goes awry?

latest

Pikochu has been killed. He was...

Dear Pikochu, you are Mokuba Kaiba.

You are Seto Kaiba's little brother, but for your age, you have incredible technical knowledge. You act as the Lead Enforcement Officer in the tournament, and man the security systems for your brother, keeping an eye out for suspicious activity, and the Egyptian God cards.You do not duel, but that doesn't mean that you cannot help anyone. You convince your brother to aid Yugi and his friends from time to time, and act as a bridge between your groups, in an effort to prevent those with evil intentions from fulfilling their desires, simply on a principal of "If you are doing evil, you're a bad guy".

Because you spend your nights manning the security system on the air ship instead of contemplating duel tactics, you are able to spy on one player, and determine what role they have. During the night, you may reply to your role PM with ##Night XX: Computer, scan [USER]. Their entire role PM, except for their name, will be downloaded to your screen with the most up to date in role-analysis based technological accuracy [read, not alignment].

In short, you are the Town Role Cop.

You are allied with The Pharaoh. You win if all threats to the The Pharaoh are eliminated.

Damnit, who's gonna fly the ship while we're dueling now?!

Day 3 begins now. With 7 alive, 5 votes yields a Phase-ending Hammer. Phase Ends in 48 hours (1030 GMT-5/EST) on 10/4/16.

Also, be aware that the game is currently in a state of LILO. Town must lynch correctly today, or town will reach a state of impossible winning.

Wow, okay... I didn't expect Pikochu to be killed, but it would make sense that the Mafia had some Rolecop and found out their role. Considering that I voted him, you might think I was trying to get him to out a scummy claim but I honestly didn't know, and if I did, I'd have likely pushed for him first.

Also, be aware that the game is currently in a state of LILO. Town must lynch correctly today, or town will reach a state of impossible winning.

@Everyone with it being LYLO I believe we should all claim. This statement pretty much confirms that WolfOwl is an Independent and that her win condition is threatening to the Town. Obviously, @Zexy, please do not use your role and make a No Lynch otherwise we lose tonight.

I am the 2x Doctor, and last night I was ROLEBLOCKED. I was told that my action "failed". I am okay with outing my claim because it is LILO. For Night 1 I used it on Zexy and for Night 2 I used it on jdthebud thinking he could be an investigative role. I still have a shot left because of my role failing, not that I think it will matter much in the end.

Ouch, that sucks, we really could have used his results today.

Also HD, that was a correct assumption. I will wait for claims before outing my result. That way I can see if someone gets caught in a lie.

Paranoia's out, I don't think Human is scum. He's right about not faking slips as scum, Doctor claim makes lots of sense, his thoughts right now are correct; of course I'm not using my ability in LYLO and yes, we should massclaim. 2x on Doctor is also believable considering this is a 10-player Elieson game, ICBINWRMM was full of 2x roles.

@jdthebud; is your role just roleblocker? @jackatlasred; are you just a neighbor or is there more? Willing to believe WolfOwl's claim as well and we need to let her live. I'd like to get claims from @Calvin ッ and @Alex Kaz I'm starting to believe there's definitely at least one scum between them, they said too little all game.

I basically need to figure out 2 out of jd, jack, Calvin, Alex. Will check wagons as well to post more thoughts on how they acted there.

Well, I got good news everyone.
My role is a 2x regular Cop, meaning that it expired last night because of "fate" (or at least that's what my role PM says lol).
N1 I got Pikochu as town. I softed it once yesterday, saying "I'm fairly certain Pikochu's cc was genuine". I believe fairly certain to be a strong set of words.
N2 I got jd as scum. He was hesitant to claim D1 and he was almost inactive D2, so I figured he was lurking.

Well, I got good news everyone.
My role is a 2x regular Cop, meaning that it expired last night because of "fate" (or at least that's what my role PM says lol).
N1 I got Pikochu as town. I softed it once yesterday, saying "I'm fairly certain Pikochu's cc was genuine". I believe fairly certain to be a strong set of words.

Wow, that explains why you were so certain. My role doesn't have anything like that though, I just have two shots for no explained reason.

N2 I got jd as scum. He was hesitant to claim D1 and he was almost inactive D2, so I figured he was lurking.

oh, nice

VOTE: jdthebud

Kind of feeling a bit iffy on this though, because with the Town Informer and Town RoleCop flipping up, a third Town investigative role is kind of hard to believe, but it makes sense with Shadi.

waIT WAIT WAIT if Alex Kaz is just a 2x Cop then it makes a bit sense balance-wise, as the Role Cop and Informer were infinite, and all those roles would be useful for Town in a nameclaim game.

Kind of feeling a bit iffy on this though, because with the Town Informer and Town RoleCop flipping up, a third Town investigative role is kind of hard to believe, but it makes sense with Shadi.

I feel kind of iffy with you claiming roleblocked after jd did. Plus, what Tea found out every night was predeterminded,which makes for a weaker role.

I feel kind of iffy with you claiming roleblocked after jd did. Plus, what Tea found out every night was predeterminded,which makes for a weaker role.

Well I was honestly roleblocked. It doesn't sound like jdthebud actually was though, and I can definitely see the scum motivation in pretending to have been Roleblocked to appear more Town. Was that what made you decide to check him? It ticked me off a bit too. Roleblockers are pretty common Mafia roles, so outing that you were roleblocked to give information to the Town that there is one doesn't make much sense, it pretty much shows that you have some PR. I guess that's true about Tea, it depends on what information was given out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom