• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that need pre evolutions.

I think it would be pointless making it evolve by level up at level 6 but some Pokémon can evolve at levels 1-7 such as Caterpie, Weedle and Pokémon which can evolve by stones, happiness and trading with or without held items.

Yeah, but that is different, no Pokémon evolves three times.

Miltank prevo would be SO ADORABLE. Same for Buizel (though I'm just biased towards that kid).

others; Smeargle, Zangoose/Seviper, Glameow (GJASGHAJSDGASJHK), Chatot, Mienfoo, Bouffalant (that would be one cool child) and STUNFISK.

And a snorlax prevolution was needed for what?

I think evolution should be like happiness for this baby vulpix.

To make Snorlax more used?
Seriously, think about what you are saying. A Pokémon to evolve into Vulpix, when Vulpix is already a Kit? What can be more baby-like than that?

To make Snorlax more used?
Seriously, think about what you are saying. A Pokémon to evolve into Vulpix, when Vulpix is already a Kit? What can be more baby-like than that?

Any time they make baby prevolutions its not for competitive play, Its more to add to the game. Its not like the 4 worthless moves a wynaut can give to a wobbuffet really changed wobbuffet strategy

Any time they make baby prevolutions its not for competitive play, Its more to add to the game. Its not like the 4 worthless moves a wynaut can give to a wobbuffet really changed wobbuffet strategy

Thanks to Munchlax, Snorlax can have Stockpile, Swallow, and a couple more moves. It also brought back Snorlax, because really, it didn't have much going for it. (except good stats)

Now what would a Vulpix pre-evo add to the game?

I think a joint pre-evolution(like Eevee) for Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres would be pretty cool, but it`ll probably never happen since they`re legendaries.

I think it would be pointless making it evolve by level up at level 6 but some Pokémon can evolve at levels 1-7 such as Caterpie, Weedle and Pokémon which can evolve by stones, happiness and trading with or without held items.
Yeah, but that is different, no Pokémon evolves three times.
Were you actually wanting to quote this post
The evolutions can be split to make more than 3 pokémon in an evolutionary family like Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Hitmontop, Gardevoir and Gallade, Glalie and Froslass, Vileplume and Bellossom and Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon and Leafeon. I know it makes it harder if the Pokémon was introduced with 2 consecutive evolutions for baby Pokémon to be made.
which I made before the post which you quoted? If you were wanting to quote the post which you quoted I would reply if there is a baby Vulpix the baby Vulpix would be able to evolve 3 times.

I'm very curious to see if the 5th Gen. equivalents of Pokémon that got pre-evolution will get them too. I wouldn't mind seeing a Baby Audino and Heatmor. The Pokémon that I have always most wanted pre-evolutions for are Heracross and (as many other have stated) Lapras.

I know this has been said like 9,000,000 million times in the fandoms before, but I'll like a lapras pre-evo. It can evolve via enough happiness and a water stone.

So I was going to comment on how we don't need baby Pokemon, we only want them. I share the sentiments of this NB article. I hear people going around saying "X needs a pre-evo because its ridiculous that something with an average height of 10 feet can come from a small egg!"

That logic has been used to justify Munchlax. It's almost as if people don't realize average size is probably for the fully grown Pokemon, or that Pokemon do in fact "grow up" in a more realistic sense even if the sprites don't depict it as such. It's that kind of logic that seems to be the reason why Game Freak removed Remoraid from Mantine's sprite...because fans couldn't reconcile the idea of "game-play and story segregation" for sprite depictions, so we lost out on a very cool sprite. Pretty soon, we probably won't even have Cubone, Marowak, and Farfetch'd with their trademark weapons since not all are guaranteed to hold them.

Thanks to Munchlax, Snorlax can have Stockpile, Swallow, and a couple more moves. It also brought back Snorlax, because really, it didn't have much going for it. (except good stats)
A few things about this:

- New moves are added every generation to a Pokemon's move-pool. There was no real reason to give Munchlax those moves over giving them to Snorlax in the first place other than to give reason to its existence. To say that Munchlax added anything is false, and is using backward logic. They could have easily given Snorlax those moves, but opted for a pre-evolution. In reality, all Munchlax did was make it more difficult for a Snorlax to have those moves by existing.

- Snorlax was OU in Gen III. Snorlax's most commonly used movesets in Gen IV did not utilize those moves. You're basically making a claim about Snorlax's usage and usefulness based on nothing but personal opinion. Snorlax was already faltering in Gen IV. If anything, its a complex interaction of all the Pokemon that either limits or raises Snorlax's usefulness. In light of Gen V and the multitude of powerful fighting types, Snorlax had to step down from its top-tier usage.

- To further emphasize the previous point, Snorlax had been OU in the past four generations, and in the generation Munchlax was added in, Snorlax was already not as good as it used to be. Again, a one-dimensional view is to blame Munchlax, but its decline is due to a number of factors. Of course, it cannot be argued that Munchlax did not add anything significant.

Now that we've basically set aside the fact that baby Pokemon are more or less an extra obstacle not only to gaining egg moves that could have just been given to their evolution at the start of the generation, and an obstacle to mass breeding in general...why does anything need a pre-evolution?

Last edited:
Pretty soon, we probably won't even have Cubone, Marowak, and Farfetch'd with their trademark weapons since not all are guaranteed to hold them.

I don't think they would take away cubone's and marowak's bone clubs, because of their signature moves like bonemerang. It is less logical to have Mantine and remoraid in a sprite, because that would imply that their are more than on pokemon in a pokeball. Cubone, Marowak, and Farfetch'd's signature weapons do contradict, but not in an illogical way.

Lugia is a legendary. It doesn't need one. The anime has also confirmed that there could be young Lugias but not pre evos.

Yeah... I don't get the appeal of "baby legends" at all. It just cheapens the legendary status for me. In my headcannon Manaphy isn't a legendary, just a very rare creature, simply because it is able reproduce...

But that's another topic, and a debate on legendaries could derail this thread in a nanosecond, so back on topic: I'd like to see a prevo for Spinda. Sure, it's a little random, but I think it'd be really neat to be able to somehow influence Spinda's markings through its pre-evolution. Like, higher Attack EVs lead to more spots at the top of the head. Or something. Plus, a little baby panda-bunny would be totes adorbs.

I don't think they would take away cubone's and marowak's bone clubs, because of their signature moves like bonemerang. It is less logical to have Mantine and remoraid in a sprite, because that would imply that their are more than on pokemon in a pokeball. Cubone, Marowak, and Farfetch'd's signature weapons do contradict, but not in an illogical way.
Sprites are simple representations of Pokemon. We shouldn't have boring sprites just because people can't imagine that there is only one. Similarly, we shouldn't have a baby version of a 20-foot long rock snake (or a giant fat cat, but that already happened) just because people couldn't imagine a smaller version of it. How is it at all, not illogical to have Cubone, Marrowak, and Farfetch'd hold their weapons on their sprite, yet only approximately 10% of them at best will actually hold them?

maybe a minun and plusle pre evo?they need an evolution too though..

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom