• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Black Butler Mafia [13p] - Game End (12/07/2019)

I reread most of the thread... There is a lot of thing in that that would make me believe that you are the third MAFIA Mido. I like how Pika subtly try to put you Town. But again, you're competing against a ghost. If @RMitch can give a sign that they are alive, maybe I can change my focus. What do you think @MegaPod ?
Mafia often defend town to frame them or to look more towny. They’re more likely to distance themselves from teammates on case their teammates flip.

What else makes you think I could be mafia?

@RMitch what were you’re supposed tracking results.

End of Day Five - 12/07/2019

Majority has taken effect.

End of Day Five

Votes for Lynching
Who Voted?
RMitchMidorikawa, KenderCharmeleon, MegaPod
Didn't VoteRMitch

The remaining four people sat in the lifeboat that had been lowered into the water, they look around to see who was there. To Ciel's surprise he knew all of them. Baldroy, his cook, who wasn't even supposed to be on the ship, and saw him off at the port, he was covered in blood and soot. Lau the mysterious Chinese information broker who worked the black market at the docks in London with Ciel's permission, who seemed the same as usual, as if he didn't just escape a sinking ship. The final person on the lifeboat, had their back turned to the rest.
But Ciel knew that unmistakable red hair anywhere, Grell, the Grim Reaper. Ciel shouted and yelled at him, Grim Reapers bring death with them, it was his fault, he knew what was going to happen and could've stopped it all. Ciel began attacking Grell, but a child is little match for a grown man and a Grim Reaper at that. Both Lau & Baldroy had lost people too, so they wanted to lash out their grief on anyone, the three of them punched and bruised Grell until he began to bleed. They plunged his face into the icy waters below. Grell struggled, but eventually went limp and they tossed his body into the water.

RMitch has been lynched!
He was Grell, the Roleblocker!

Dear RMitch,

You are Grell Sutcliff, you went by Jack the Ripper at one point.

G_PcuJeKKAKQlA1mCd53srkZMtdnQUrHc5JjcnXbFdCaUHHpsGUcGte5XprlKuZaWQnFrhqTvj2gpROr9CDB9wmOPl9omMtMkQCG7rjP9Lp3ujgjYXnFTtuv_6SqvqUuow3SOnXeG9g

“A good man's past makes people curious! But if he's a bad man, then it makes me wanna see even more!"

Flashy, flamboyant and flirty, Grell Sutcliff is a Grim Reaper, tasked with ending someone’s life. Grell has been known to be rebellious against the other Grim Reapers when he went on a killing spree as Jack the Ripper, killing innocent women before their time, while posed as a noble’s butler. When Grell met the demon Sebastian, he became infatuated with him and wants to tear him apart, but also loves to toy with him, calling him names like Bassy or Sebas-chan. Grell cares little for human life, only to escape the boredom of undeath. Grell’s Death Scythe, which is used to end the life of someone who is at their end is a large red chainsaw.

xCstqg-LzZGik1O79HCOVbDek7K4SjqRrC29v4LR2Lnu1501t6drURRtx-v6lBM1vTdwSIk9_bHKhyEY3waFUifWMjDpqbdqbMS9OPkw1FZjpSkWID_LXHNrJKO7BFn3Eg08QwoUwO8

Because of your large chainsaw and onslaught of attacks, you are a Roleblocker and will stop the night action of another player you visit using your Night Action when you say Roleblock: [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

Your fellow Mafia members are Officer Snake & Pika_pika42, and you all share the responsibility of killing a player at night, use Kill: [Player] in the Mafia Chat to do so.

You are Mafia and win when you control the vote or this will be inevitable.

"It's done" Ciel said finally, their lifeboat floating among the wreckage, soon they began floating toward other lifeboats that had made it off the ship, they weren't the only ones to survive. Who knew what would happen to them now, their lives in ruin, only time would tell...

The game has ended!
Town has won!
I will be revealing the remaining living players Role PMs shortly as well as feedback questions and the planning documents.

Role PMs - 12/07/2019
Here are the remaining Role PMs that were not revealed.

Town has won!

Midorikawa has won!
She was Baldroy, the 2x Commuter!

Dear WaterBlueMan Midorikawa,

You are Baldroy, you’re often called by your nickname Baldo or Bard.

Nab6-MZrvY_keD1TmwwaAir-yww7DkVW25dEvSE_fsmVkjaPxpgZ1Gwwecy2cMCqMgrHI7OTeuQcqOqBGqJ9SNl0IrX6a7IiJON-qslwNht3cplgeXmVrjksknztPk8ONyrmlAPtaM8

“Cooking is art! And art is explosions!"

The inept American chef of the Phantomhive household, Baldroy burns everything he cooks, because he cooks with a flamethrower. An avid smoker, he’s always eager to help around the house, often causing the trouble for the head butler, Sebastian. Constantly blowing up the kitchen with he’s unusual cooking methods, Baldroy is somewhat good at repairing electronics. Friends with his colleagues May-Rin & Finnian, the three of them are often causing mischief in attempts to help around the house, only to get scolded by Sebastian who has to clean up their mess. The reason the Phantomhive household employs such a bad chef is because he was actually hired for his combat prowess. Baldroy is a veteran from a past war, he lost all his comrades and was left paranoid, always carrying heavy weapons with him, such as flamethrowers and miniguns. Baldroy comes to the defence of the manor in the event of an attack using his weapons and explosives to decimate the enemy.

JcZVwH31nm5PMs-L9dueKUpYnVKWLc907FPTLEVQxuym8UvliathCUNIO7N0BhlWAUX1p8r7iKTSiuU4AivmK1LYxIfGXF06lDnHDuQvENSWyKehyf_9dP7yvj7OieY20QcxemXA8Xo

Because you are the chef of the Phantomhive household, you are a 2x Commuter, twice during the game you may use your Night Action “Go Shopping for Ingredients” to leave the game during that Night Phase, you will be completely immune to all Night Actions used on you, including kills during the night you submit it.

You are Town and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

KenderCharmeleon has won!
He was Ciel, the Mason & Backup turned 2x Vigilante!

Dear KenderCharmeleon,

You are Ciel Phantomhive, you are sometimes referred to as the Queen’s Watchdog as you follow her every command.

Uih40MqLwNTPkJtYzallnjMu84E3gEV9FvYaSMWtyL3rc7XjeM6_cuO6S9BHSQVxyqI0JKDQ5g7YSeE7JvTIaW98lcuYz8-mFvBcweIowRgulXY1IjxgZTfdmP_HAmLS94Xc_K1HeQM

“I am Ciel Phantomhive. That is my one and only name."

The Earl of the house of Phantomhive, Ciel Phantomhive is only thirteen and is already the owner of several businesses and properties including Funtom Corporation for toys. When he was ten, Ciel’s parents were killed in a fire that engulfed the Phantomhive manor and Ciel was taken kidnap by unknown people. The kidnappers auctioned him off to people who wanted to sacrifice him for a satanic ritual, hours before he was set to be killed, he managed to summon a demon, he formed a contract with the demon, who would serve Ciel and in return he would get to eat Ciel’s soul when he died. Ciel’s right eye is marked with a sigil as a sign of this contract and he hides it with an eyepatch. Ciel named this demon Sebastian after his late dog. Ciel works for the Queen as one of her agents, earning him the title of Queen’s Watchdog, he carries out missions to remove the Queen’s enemies and improve her power. Ciel has a personal mission to discover who killed his parents and burned down his family home.

vF8UWRCfLM0cV5RVv_wKJnuf0RZe9IQbX6iSaMzmgfnqCOV6Lq7DN9L7F7HZzSN6WrDghEnt1uhCnG5OheAuWh0-E1YVRHRjcfOFcxX2KnCrx6I97uQttu_VSFWTqx19kqS73QgG3u8

Because of your wide array of skills and networks, you are a Backup and may choose to take the role of a deceased Town aligned player anytime during the game except for your Mason partner. Taking on a role will include any already used limited shot powers, so choose wisely.

You are also a Mason with Sebastian, who is Ereshkigal, you know each others roles and alignment and share a Mason Chat together. You cannot reveal or hint at Sebastian’s modifiers “One-Way, Lover or Compulsive” outside the Mason Chat.

KenderCharmeleon is now a 2x Vigilante
You are a 2x Vigilante and will be able to fire one shot at night, twice during the game using your Night Action when you say Shoot: [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

MegaPod has won!
He was Lau, the Alignment Cop!

Dear MegaPod,

You are Lau.

y6HwZBRwhWz35HusVTenrkIm8NFCV3fs8s1hTHRUZS_-7fnDM7pb8Ma_5FwW5B1zg2uoQWCHLy9QO2Zyl_zGrKqLQBsN7isOS3GBkQbNhHiVMcnVINmPmMJKDrzxwCs4txi9nCtgsNM

“The spider's web has already been woven. The more you struggle, the harder it becomes to escape from those bonds. Whatever the prey, once they get involved with me, catching them is only a matter of time."

A Chinese nobleman from Shanghai, Lau owns a trading company that operates in the criminal underworld, running opium dens in London on the permission of Ciel Phantomhive. In return for Ciel letting him operate in London, Lau must perform any orders Ciel gives to him. He will sometimes trying to undermine Ciel, but not often, as he knows the fury of the boy known as the Queen’s Watchdog. He’s rarely seen without a woman by his side and always keeps his hands together, hidden by his sleeves, under which he carries a needle, which he uses in battle to knock others out by hitting their nerves. He is also very informed about the criminal underworld, being one of its most prominent members.

0iwDpIHObvAHzWKxarV-GZ1SCyk2efitKlZxdTtPtsVuF1lpj8wKOOf6SmVXGdESsIFd68kWU5MvXL_042oGf_ErRSCfL0iCsZ10EvyS7Pxcu6bBNyz-afDD30naigRAbhookTBwjI4

Because you of your many underworld contacts, you are an Alignment Cop and will check the alignment of a player you visit using your Night Action when you say Investigate: [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

The Spectators have also won!

Silva, prog rocker & WaterBlueMan have won!
They were the Midford Family, the Spectators!

Dear Silva446, prog rocker & Contrainer,

You three are the Midford family.

View attachment 120335View attachment 120334View attachment 120333
The Marquessate of Midford is a house of knights that has protected England for generations. To ignore the plight of her people would go against the code of chivalry. "

The Marquessate of Midford is a house of knights that has protected England for generations. The primary duties of the Midford house are to serve Queen Victoria and to shield England from harm. The house greatly respects the code of chivalry. All members of the house have endured rigorous training in swordsmanship and fencing. The head of the house is also the head of the Order of the British Empire. (Thanks wiki)

The current members of the Midford family consist of: Marquess Alexis Leon Midford & Marchioness Francis Midford and their two children, Lord Edward Midford & Lady Elizabeth Midford.

View attachment 120332

Because you are chivalrous Knights of the realm, you are spending your time protecting innocent civilians on-board the ship and thus are Spectators, you gain access to all Role PMs and chats created by the Host. In return you are not allowed to interact with the players in any way, shape or form, this includes posting and using reactions. However once the game is over you may post in the thread, as your role will no longer be in effect. You are also immune to being voted for and targeted by any actions.

You are Spectators (Independent) and will win as long as you do not get modkilled for breaking you post restriction. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

The Hosts have also won!

DarthWolf has won!
He was Charles Phipps, a Host!

Dear DarthWolf,

You are Charles Phipps, you also have the code-name Double Charles.

0yu9CwvdxSZDVUtpOnItvCSQBixMpf3RJzBRIhdMkVjjp_CjyVLZCzBs7XhZYTKq-fyMKPZBA_qbRgBYwuOVaIjW_C1tJ1PuerqEn7kCLLlG7N4ikr9LNGzvTbKOYwq0WT8Ky4stIy0

“All is as Her Majesty the Queen wishes it to be.”

Butler & bodyguard to Queen Victoria herself, Charles Phipps comes from a line of nobles. Quiet, serious and professional at all times, Charles Phipps carries out all his orders without faltering or questioning. His status as a butler to the Queen involves other duties such as spying, the code-name Double Charles is shared with another of the Queen’s butlers and bodyguards, Charles Grey, whom he’s known since childhood.

aKAgutGtR_m3i8_lrhqdY8Cbwy2E0WdbdIRaCEDXsbS-LgvY3wlvJ2Gp3D5iiD2VP2A9nK94HAX4dLjFu27Qh1BlPGwd_BwLVG4ZP8XXMBl_8nJvuv9wY6nU4gbDxe1rWSXGODK_zeA

Because you are a skilled agent, butler and bodyguard, you are a Host, it is your job to keep the game running smoothly, handing out roles, answering any game related questions, and providing updates to the game. You will still provide these services after death.

You are a Host (Independent) and will win if you are still alive when the game ends. If either you or your fellow Hosts are targeted by any Night Action you will all be modkilled. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

ZinnLav has won!
They were Charles Grey, a Host!

Dear ZinnLav,

You are Charles Grey, you also have the code-name Double Charles.

yxkmY_MA7uG4pR5MPvVZmf601Vv3GYnkknGh948_OqiHjGdpVAqHlIoS1RX423WD7ZNEKj9JWQ3oA6Wk1AUDsuMqjWx1whbpDhHa2fKgnfp-j6nuqe5Wf7SxgbABI5zAz---vSFURkE

“I win at close combat.”

Butler & bodyguard to Queen Victoria herself, Charles Grey comes from a line of nobles. His family name, Grey, is so famous, the tea, Earl Grey is named after it. A skilled fighter and fencer, Charles Grey enjoys winning and will play dirty even in practice to gain the upper hand. His status as a butler to the Queen involves other duties such as spying, the code-name Double Charles is shared with another of the Queen’s butlers and bodyguards, Charles Phipps, whom he’s known since childhood.

OrkAU-KBjH5nlZMHEx_ahHo9PDe2tWvg22_XouxtBYcQiGNadwnrmoKRVTUYXb_vvk4gi434DjnYP6PGzPPhic6XnFz1J8GQb5GIZY7V95rj0w2KqvctwPXDZgSKSkihO78yX_jtdxA

Because you are a skilled agent, butler and bodyguard, you are a Host, it is your job to keep the game running smoothly, handing out roles, answering any game related questions, and providing updates to the game. You will still provide these services after death.

You are a Host (Independent) and will win if you are still alive when the game ends. If either you or your fellow Hosts are targeted by any Night Action you will all be modkilled. This team is not hostile to any other and can win with any team.

Planning Documents & Feedback Survey - 12/07/2019
Thank you all for participating my very first hosted Mafia game, below are links to the planning documents I used as well as the Graveyard I had on Discord, where I discussed the game with the Spectators, DarthWolf & some of the dead players.
The Discord:

Role PMs, day flavour text, etc.

Night Actions

I have a little survey here if anyone would like to fill it out, whether player or spectator, it’ll really help me in hosting future games:
  1. Did you have fun?
  2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?
  3. Did you enjoy your role?
  4. How was the flavour text?
  5. Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?
  6. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
  7. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any theme requests?
  8. Any other comments or questions?

Yay, we won! I’ll admit, it was a tough choice between Mido and RMitch towards the end, so I’m glad I picked up on the right cues.

1. Did you have fun? Yes.
  2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair? Yes, it was a close game.
  3. Did you enjoy your role? Not the way RM and Ex fudged up my ability to utilize it in any helpful way, lol
  4. How was the flavour text? I think you did a nice job with it!
  5. Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything? Other than the slightly erroneous result the night Pika died (which had no real consequences), you did a good job hosting!
  6. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)? Maybe not my “favorite” parts, but Ex’s lovely timing for his claim, and having to out my staple Town PR status early for the third game in a row, were both amusing in a cosmic sort of way :v
  7. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any theme requests? I look forward to see you hosting more!
  8. Any other comments or questions? None for now I suppose.

I myself was actually unsure who would win toward the end.
The flavour text started falling apart a bit when essential characters to the story arc began dying xP
I made a few mistakes here and there, nothing too major but, there were just too many for my liking, I feel like I was a bit distracted, incorrect vote counts (though didn't effect the end result) or late phase updates and yeah a few missteps in the role PMs (like when Kender asked how many shots he'd get as Vig if he picked it and I misread and thought he was claiming the role).
And yeah your early Cop claim really tipped the scales in Mafia's favour, makes me wonder where the game would've ended up if you hadn't.

Also gosh dang it Zinn. Viscount Druitt should have been in this game with his own special role.
So to answer this. I didn't want to include him for the implications they gave. I mean he deals in child slavery and is an all around creep. I found it easier to simply exclude him from the game all together, his effect on the arc isn't that big. Like sure some Black Butler characters are just the worst, but Druitt is just too blegh for my taste to even include him, I suppose I could've just had him get killed at some point :p

1. Did you have fun?
    Yes I did but that game gave me a headache!
    Yes I think, since everything was resolved at twilight.
    I did a lot, I think I had one a very great role, being "protected" and all that, that made me wanted to try to participate more.
    That was cool. That made me want to try the anime which I started. And yes, all the kills must have messed up your story sadly. :LOL:
    Yes it was cool!
    There is many! I liked how I found myself dumb at killing my own protector! I read the FAQ on the Forum and there was nothing about a Bus Driver I think? That was fun because it made me need to have the help of Town to get over it. I liked how Ex had, and succeeded, at defending his Town Status even if the cop had his only check on him. I liked too how I ended doing actually something useful at making Pika disappear :kender:
  7. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any theme requests?
    Sure! Maybe something about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? (No idea if it's made before)
    I hope I did well for a first try! And will we have access to the other chat about the game? :D

1. Did you have fun?
Yes
Yes
Yes and yes. Though man I wish I had commuter night one.
Haven’t read yet.....
Wonderful job as a host.
That people like Megapod still don’t realize that if they’re suspecting me then I’m town.
Absolutely. Boat more!!!

....thanks autocorrect.

All in all I had fun. The only downside was inactivity from literally the whole mafia. That was what truly tipped it to their favor Becaise town were all active save fore like one. So naturally we fought amongst ourselves first. And even once we noticed them, they weren’t active enough for us to question and stuff.

Also kept hoping to see Mitch slip at the end with a claim that I visited Light but fail to fake claim that I visited mega in the same night.

Lol, mafia found out about my miller role and decided to take the risk N2 as I theorized in the very beginning rofl

Jinjo drove herself and me N1 expecting them to kill me, but they ended up rolecopping her->me

kinda nuts :lapras:

Also kept hoping to see Mitch slip at the end with a claim that I visited Light but fail to fake claim that I visited mega in the same night.
:lapras::lapras:
ooh, I’d fall for that hahaha

The only downside was inactivity from literally the whole mafia.
RMitch wasn’t inactive tho, he was just lurking.
If he’s a beginner as he said he must’ve been quite frightened without his scumbuddies haha. Well played anyway!

but Ex’s lovely timing for his claim
I’M sORRY
We took down the Godfather because you copped the Miller tho, rofl. So I guess it worked out.

I have a little survey here if anyone would like to fill it out, whether player or spectator, it’ll really help me in hosting future games:
  1. Did you have fun?
  1. Yessir
  2. Yes, I feel like the different roles sinergized very well. I see you added more tricky defensive roles and boosted up the killing powers, that was a nice balance improvement. The fact the last mafioso was able to turn this into an almost perfect 50/50 even after the massclaim is kinda crazy and exciting.
  3. NOT REALLY. I ALREADY GET SCUMREAD A LOT, GIVING ME MILLER IS LIKE EXTRA PANIC. I DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW I SURVIVED THAT LONG.
  4. Ayy, very nice. Love your flavor texts.
  5. You’re a pretty great host already, not sure if there’s much room for improvement.
  6. I’M SORRY FOR SUSPECTING YOU MIDORI
  7. Ancient Rome and everyone has a gladiator role.
  8. Yes.

Good job town.

1. Did you have fun? - Yes

2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair? - As I've mentioned before, I'm really not good with balancing--but it seems like it was

3. Did you enjoy your role? - I don't like being doctor, but I like Finnian so yes

4. How was the flavour text? - I enjoyed it

5. Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything? - You did really good

6. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)? - Not my favorite part, but why did no one die from the bomb when Parrisong was lynched?

7. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any theme requests? - Yes, as for themes hmm. Anything anime-related is good?

8. Any other comments or questions? - Thanks for hosting

You forgot me and I also won.

I bet Eresh told her mason buddy to vig kill me and she always has a thing for wanting to vig kill me and it was funny how that backfired and Eresh ended up getting killed instead of me. I liked my independent Bus Driver role and I had fun playing. On day 3 I had to help town lynch mafia or else mafia will win and I'll lose for not dying and I was glad I managed to get myself killed on N3.

Congrats Town and Jinjo. Thank you Zinn for hosting this interesting game.

1. Did you have fun?
Yes. It was a fun game.

Considering the game was close till the end, I would say it was well balanced and fair.

It was ok, basically a vanilla goon unless one of my team mates died.

Though, I don't know anything about the theme, it was good to read.

You did a really good job at hosting. Keep it up.

Can't point a single one but there were many: like we killed Mido N1 randomly because she is a powerful player, but people theorising the frame jobs was funny, MegaPod checking ExLight and getting a scum result was funny too and we getting a role cop check on ExLight N1, all these things were totally random, but people thought Mafia had some full fledged plan whereas we were just chilling and being inactive. :p

Yes. Any themes you like and are interested in to make a Mafia game about.

Would like to apologise to my scum buddies for not giving my best to this game and making some silly errors.
Also, would like to note that the new players played really well in this game, especially Kender and RMitch.

Back
Top Bottom