• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B2W2 Animated Game Trailer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cheren, B2W2 male player and rival - possible animation short?

Pirates? If anything the new Team Plasma are based very much on Ninjas. Watching the Shadow Triad was like watching a good episode of Naruto.

I don't buy Bulbapedia's article at all that Team Magma were based on Ninjas, if anything they look like Barbarians. Neo Team Plasma are where your Ninjas are at.

I think the pirates theory could hold water (no pun intended). Everyone's just thinking of the wrong pirates atm.

You're probably thinking this kind of pirate:
johnny-depp-pirates-of-the-caribbean.jpg

But that's rather silly. Plasma could totally be pirates! But the modern kind, like this:
6251050607_edbde9e4ca_z.jpg

---

And this is probably wishful thinking on my part, but it seemed like the protagonist always had a 'mon following him around.

Which... is probably just because he was battling people for most of the video clip.

But I'd still love an optional Pokémon-following-you feature...

Are there credits of any sort for this? I'd like to know who the animators were that worked on it. Iwane is already a pretty safe bet, and I'm guessing some other pokemon vets were probably involved.

Yeah. I like animation. Non-anime forum guys don't know 'bout Iwane appreciation.

And this is probably wishful thinking on my part, but it seemed like the protagonist always had a 'mon following him around.

Which... is probably just because he was battling people for most of the video clip.

Well, it makes no sense that the player's Lucario and Akuroma's Magneton were out when they weren't battling.

Hello people. Did you not look at the YT user that uploaded that video? It's "PokemonCoJp". I'm pretty sure this video is real.

Hello people. Did you not look at the YT user that uploaded that video? It's "PokemonCoJp". I'm pretty sure this video is real.

It is real...

No one here was saying it was fake. Ever. >_>

Oh shit, this whole time I've been thinking we were just appreciating an independent short film.

I don't think there always being a pokemon present is hinting that the roaming thing from HGSS will be coming back. It just makes for more interesting animation when you can have an Emboar there to spit some fire than just have him stand by himself and throw out a pokeball at the end.

I know! xD It's just that I saw a lot of people questioning, saying things like "Oh I hope it's real."

Did anyone else get the "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" vibe from the Shadow Triad? Loz, Yazoo, and Kadaj? Anyone? 'Cuz I sure did! Just a little! ^_^

I hate how the minute they got the chance, they are once again shoving Lucario down our throats.

The trailer was awesome, but what really cinched it for me was using a remix of the title theme from the Darkrai movie.

I'm not gonna lie, this short little trailer thing almost tempted me to use Emboar. Almost. And I hate Emboar.

Already planned to use Arcanine and Lucario from the start and I'm definitely not changing that now though. =P

Ah, so it was OLM who made the short.

Not really surprising. We need a VA list, though.

Yeah. I had my doubts at first but the more I watched it the more nuances I picked up. Stuff like the ice in the town and the CG used for the stairs and Magnemite began to scream OLM.

Well, it makes no sense that the player's Lucario and Akuroma's Magneton were out when they weren't battling.

You give me hope (´・ω・`)

2 words: mind=blown

Holy. Freaking. Slag!

That was amazing. Absolutely amazing. This trailer actually had me psyched to see the old Pokemon again...and I've been suffering from previous Gen burn out! Can't wait to get my hands on Lucario and actually train him! :crush:

I hate how the minute they got the chance, they are once again shoving Lucario down our throats.

Would you care to explain?

Ah, so it was OLM who made the short.

Not really surprising. We need a VA list, though.

And a list of the animators who were involved in this. But first things first: source on OLM producing this? I´ve read something about Production I.G. (which is highly unlikely imo) but I would really like to know.

I only thought it was fan-made in the first 10 seconds of watching it, because I clicked on the link with only Japanese text in the Corocoro thread and there was no description of it. When I realized it was official, I freaked out.

Does OLM do the movies too? Is that why the quality is like them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom