• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B2W2 Animated Game Trailer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cheren, B2W2 male player and rival - possible animation short?

I was right with Junichi Suwabe voicing Achroma and Junko Minagawa voicing the rival?! Hell yeah! I also knew I recognised Miyuki Sawashiro, but I assigned her to the wrong role (I said she was the Team Plasma member, not Elesa).

In regards to the scene with them on the boat, during that brief glimpse of the shore, it certainly didn't look like Castelia City to me (2:35). The red buildings remind me of Driftveil City.

Last edited:

I've been rewatching the video, and I think that even besides the Plasma Battle remix in the video, the rest of the background music are also remixes of in-game tracks. I'm pretty sure the track that plays at the scene where the Rival and Protag are getting their starters is a remix of the Rival's battle theme. Which means that the track playing after it must also be a remix of something. I wonder what... maybe the theme of Akuroma?

Did anyone notice the shadow of the Pokemon that flew over Dragonspiral Tower in the beginning? It looked like Reshiram to me...I wonder if that was meant to be N's dragon. Things aren't looking good for my headcanon...

Did anyone notice the shadow of the Pokemon that flew over Dragonspiral Tower in the beginning? It looked like Reshiram to me...I wonder if that was meant to be N's dragon. Things aren't looking good for my headcanon...

I think it's supposed to be a "mesh" of both dragons -- having features of both, but looking like neither. That way it can go either way depending on the games you're playing. If that makes sense.

I think it's supposed to be a "mesh" of both dragons -- having features of both, but looking like neither. That way it can go either way depending on the games you're playing. If that makes sense.

Ohhh okay. That's good. I only saw the tail which looked like Reshiram's tail.

Actually, looking at it again I'm not sure. It does seem like Reshiram.

There's always the chance they just used Reshiram, but because they didn't want to/couldn't show the actual dragon itself (because of both BW's stories being slightly different with N and his dragon) they just used a shadow instead.

I mean, they're probably just using a huge dragon-like shadow flying over to portray what happened in BW. I personally wouldn't look into it too much.

but fwiw:

ndragon1.png

ndragon2.png

Last edited:

Actually, looking at it again I'm not sure. It does seem like Reshiram.

There's always the chance they just used Reshiram, but because they didn't want to/couldn't show the actual dragon itself (because of both BW's stories being slightly different with N and his dragon) they just used a shadow instead.

I mean, they're probably just using a huge dragon-like shadow flying over to portray what happened in BW. I personally wouldn't look into it too much.

but fwiw:

ndragon1.png

ndragon2.png

i definitely got a reshiram vibe from it, and so did many other people i know of. but i still don't think it matters too much, kind of how they chose the boy protag over the girl. they just had to choose one or the other for the video. because i am Doing It Wrong i'm getting black 2 even though i played white, since i love zekrom and black kyurem best, and want them on the covers. XD so my N will have zekrom, even though i caught him and he is MY friend >(

That wing shape matches Zekrom more-so. Not the size, though... And the tail... Actually looks like that of Black Kyurem. Reshiram-ish (or White Kyurem, based on the asymmetry of the shape...), head... Are all four stacked onto each other?

Agh the shadow is so blurry, now that I look at the screen caps of it. I'm hoping it's meant to be ambiguous.

I doubt it's White Kyurem, though... I'm not even sure WK can fly with that one wing...

Anyone noticed how Bianca sounded slightly in pain?

It looks like Reshiram, but the sound is deeper, like Zekrom sounded in the movies.

Eh, I just feel like ninjas don't make much sense in a region based off the US.

I mean, why not use those in one of the Japan-based regions? Why Unova?

I don't ever remember the Knights Templar being here either, but there are many influences and themes that make their way to the west and America. The Tao Trio (Taoism) being the most obvious.

--------------

As for the Dragon, like with the boy character being used and his starter being Tepig, there is no set canon. Its meant to be a shadow of both Reshiram/Zekrom, because neither Black nor White is any more canon than the other.

Unova is pretty much loosely based off New York, so I wouldn't worry about Pokemon and characters not matching the inspiration...over half the Unova Dex is inspired by decidedly non-American animals and such.

Uh, is there any specific reason why the title treats the trailer as if it was still new and we weren't sure of what it was.

I doubt it's White Kyurem, though... I'm not even sure WK can fly with that one wing...

Anyone noticed how Bianca sounded slightly in pain?

Kyurem can fly just fine in B and W formes. And it has two wings.

I think the pirates theory could hold water (no pun intended). Everyone's just thinking of the wrong pirates atm.

You're probably thinking this kind of pirate:
View attachment 65722

But that's rather silly. Plasma could totally be pirates! But the modern kind, like this:

The thing is though, most of the plot is not taking place on the water, but on land in Unova. We've already had Pirates in the form of Team Aqua, and that made sense considering how much water made up the Hoenn region as well as their obsession with Kyogre and the sea.

After seeing the Shadow Triad, who are most obviously based off the famous depiction of Ninjas, and the military like uniforms of the revamped Team Plasma with their mask, they are definitely Ninjas. Ninjas are capable of attacking on a boat just like their counterparts.

Eh, I just feel like ninjas don't make much sense in a region based off the US.

I mean, why not use those in one of the Japan-based regions? Why Unova?

I find that odd as well, but seeing them pull back to Japanese inspiration here and there in BW itself (a kami trio, a kabuki marked illusion fox...), I think it's possible.

Look at their hats, and look at their masks.

They are Pirate Ninjas!

Last edited:

The only problem I had with this animated trailer was that Arcanine and Stoutland are too small. Arcanine in the anime used to be like three times that size and big enough to ride and I liked that. I also preferred Stoutland's bigger size in the anime as well.

Otherwise, it's amazing. :D

The only problem I had with this animated trailer was that Arcanine and Stoutland are too small. Arcanine in the anime used to be like three times that size and big enough to ride and I liked that. I also preferred Stoutland's bigger size in the anime as well.

Otherwise, it's amazing. :D

I don't get it. Why does everyone point this out. How can a Pokemon be "too small?" It makes absolutely no sense for all Pokemon of a specific species to be exactly one size. No, it doesn't happen like that. Animals can be multiple sizes, so why should Pokemon be different?

And besides, there's in-game stuff you can do that involves capturing Pokemon of varying sizes. Like the Barboach and Shroomish size comparison game in the Hoenn games.

... I'd like to say i'm speechless, BUT I TOTTALY AIN'T! This was the single most awesome video produced by this equally awesome franchise, N, Cheren being boss, Bel being soooo much cute, Elesa's new design! Hihihi's rage, i freaking jumped when i heard the ''crunch'' sound of Arcanine's Bite, it was legendary, and Shinichiro Miki, aka Kojiro, as a villain! The animation, the pokémon, the characters! Any pokémon fan who doesn't buy these games is woobatshit insane! I'm watching this non-stop for an hour, and i just came back from two weeks of hard tests, imagine my surprise when I watched the video! (And promptly downloaded it)

Before this I was not a fan of Johann's ( I call Black2 Johann, in-joke but also nod to Hilbert) hair, but the video actually made me like him, and Hihihi's also gone one level further in my scale of interest, and Bel was just MOÉ, the adorable Moé, not the nauseating one, though your mileage may vary. The ship scene was just glorious, and the setting for Johann's face-off with the triad was just DAMN!

*Fingers crossed for Leia's video, and possible her with a Serperior, I think I'd faint''

I don't get it. Why does everyone point this out. How can a Pokemon be "too small?" It makes absolutely no sense for all Pokemon of a specific species to be exactly one size. No, it doesn't happen like that. Animals can be multiple sizes, so why should Pokemon be different?

And besides, there's in-game stuff you can do that involves capturing Pokemon of varying sizes. Like the Barboach and Shroomish size comparison game in the Hoenn games.

Yeah, those are plants and fish, which DO widely vary in size in real life. Mammals, however, typically don't. Sure, some may be a few inches taller or shorter than others, such as us humans, but other than that, no major difference. Plus, I just find it unrealistic for one Arcanine to be three times smaller than another one regardless.

Yeah, those are plants and fish, which DO widely vary in size in real life. Mammals, however, typically don't. Sure, some may be a few inches taller or shorter than others, such as us humans, but other than that, no major difference. Plus, I just find it unrealistic for one Arcanine to be three times smaller than another one regardless.

Dogs. Some are small enough to fit in the brain cavity of another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom