• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 31st -- Endgame -- Mafia Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- July 30th -- Day 1 -- The Road

There's something a bit unsettling about GastlyGibus's eagerness to throw votes around so early. While it doesn't prove his alignment, I'll certainly be paying attention.

I'm trying to stir discussion, considering a lot of people aren't doing anything besides standing around saying "Oh, I think I'll wait." I mean, I can kind of understand why you wouldn't be confident in placing a vote just yet, but at the same time, if you do nothing, nothing is going to happen in return.

I'm just trying to get people talking. It's why I voted for HumanDawn, it's why I changed to Hippowdon, and it's why I'm turning to CrackFox now. Votes aren't permanent, and I'm taking advantage of that.

Interesting point, I guess, but I still feel you're worth watching. At least until someone more so comes out.

Fair enough. I can understand how it might look to someone else. At least you're actually pointing that out and voicing your opinion, instead of going the neutral route like so many others.

I don't understand the votes on Crackfox and Forgotten, there really isn't much to do, if anything when the game has just started. Take GastlyGibus's vote on me for example, he didn't need to vote me to make me unvote myself and vote somebody(and like hell I'll vote no lynch, even the RNG gods themselves haven't made anyone vote No Lynch). The game just literally started and while it's not the best excuse, I think it's justified that you can't really do anything, especially when the RNG has already placed your vote for you. Plus, there's already a majority on Gliscorman, and I know Crackfox wouldn't have minded to make a majority for a while until Gliscorman said something. Saying it's just "twiddling your thumbs" and being in a "comfort zone" is just degrading normal play. Normally I'd understand the complaint if no votes were placed, but the votes are already there and as I've already said, the phase has just started. The only differences I see with GastlyGibus's and Beck's votes is that they unvoted their RNG vote and voted somebody else, but actually said what they wanted to achieve with the vote.

In case anyone is wondering why I voted for Paperhorse in particular, she was one of the few players who didn't have a vote on them, and I wanted to vote her and welcome her with a vote before the game started.

also i am glaaad gastlygibus understands that voting around in day 1 is good with leaving out tracks and the like

UNVOTE: Paperhorse
VOTE: UltimateMaximus

Doesn't have a vote, and has been a bit active around. I'd like to hear his current thoughts.

I really have no reason to change my vote, but I also don't have a reason to keep it. For the sake of doing something, I'll just go ahead and change my vote.
Unvote: Forgotten
Vote: Zenax

What I don't get though, is why people are voting the ones that keep their votes. The game has just begun and there's not much to do until someone slips up.

@Soulmaster;

What exactly are you waiting for? What do you need to see to step outside of your comfort zone?

Well, is there any reason to change the vote? Now, seeing a bit more, I have to agree that CF is acting a bit strange. But not enough to warrant a change. Though, there is a double side to that. Basically, no reason why, but no reason why not.

@HumanDawn;, Degrading "normal play" or not, the lack of action is as good as indifference, as far as I'm concerned. Not a scumtell, per se, but it's not doing us much good.

@UltimateMaximus; Because if we all wait for someone to slip up, then nobody will slip up.

@Soulmaster; I'll ask you a similar question. Why not change your vote? You said it yourself.

@Soulmaster;

What exactly are you waiting for? What do you need to see to step outside of your comfort zone?

Well, is there any reason to change the vote? Now, seeing a bit more, I have to agree that CF is acting a bit strange. But not enough to warrant a change. Though, there is a double side to that. Basically, no reason why, but no reason why not.
Please elaborate how CF is acting strange. so far I've only seen her say that there isn't enough info to warrant going after one player just yet. I saw you do the same thing.

@HumanDawn;, Degrading "normal play" or not, the lack of action is as good as indifference, as far as I'm concerned. Not a scumtell, per se, but it's not doing us much good.

A vote is already placed, and them saying they'll keep said vote is already leaving a track. I don't see how this is any different than somebody coming in on Day 1, voting somebody and leaving it like it is. There's already a majority, so there's already something players will be wary of even if it's not permanent. Expecting something to happen so early in such a big game is expecting too much. They're already waiting on somebody so they've already settled what they plan on doing. It's also not like they won't do nothing while waiting.

I changed my vote to Neosands to see if he would have something to say to my vote.

A vote is already placed, and them saying they'll keep said vote is already leaving a track. I don't see how this is any different than somebody coming in on Day 1, voting somebody and leaving it like it is. There's already a majority, so there's already something players will be wary of even if it's not permanent. Expecting something to happen so early in such a big game is expecting too much. They're already waiting on somebody so they've already settled what they plan on doing. It's also not like they won't do nothing while waiting.

I would argue that it's entirely different. In any other game, entering a thread and voting for another player, then leaving, is active voting. It's a vote made with malice. What we have here is passive voting. Most of the players aren't ever going to have to take responsibility for any of these RNG votes, so it's just as bad, regardless of whether or not they're on record (it's common for two Mafia to vote one another on Day One, anyway). Albeit, yes, I agree with you that it's too early in the game to expect much. But is it too early to try?

I make one post that is obviously going to be followed up by many more before the phase ends and i'm accused of sitting around, twiddling me thumbs? Ridiculous. What exactly am I waiting for? Well more discussion. Even if GM was lynched because of the random majority bandwagon, there's nothing to say he's less deserving of it than anyone else that I could have changed my vote too in that moment. If we are just firing in the dark, GM is as good as anyone else, I was going to change my vote if or when the thread discussion lead to scum reads on another player.

Unvote: GliscorMan
Vote: GastlyGibus

Seems like you just wanted to jump on the bandwagon Beck started. Phoenicks implemented this system so that there wouldn't be a no lynch situation, not because we have too/are meant too change our assigned votes necessarily. It's the fact that not everyone will do that which makes it interesting. I am more inclined to go with my own choices anyway, I was simply waiting for something to work with and I don't like your attitude towards me.

I would argue that it's entirely different. In any other game, entering a thread and voting for another player, then leaving, is active voting. It's a vote made with malice. What we have here is passive voting. Most of the players aren't ever going to have to take responsibility for any of these RNG votes, so it's just as bad, regardless of whether or not they're on record (it's common for two Mafia to vote one another on Day One, anyway). Albeit, yes, I agree with you that it's too early in the game to expect much. But is it too early to try?

But them saying they'll keep the vote is already leaving a vote in malice(actually it would give a stronger impression if they just voted in bold the RNG vote but that would look dumb). I'm not sure what you mean by passive voting, if they admit to keeping the vote it's taking responsibility for it. You're not wrong there but I still don't agree with your reasoning and your point of view.

@Soulmaster; I'll ask you a similar question. Why not change your vote? You said it yourself.
There is no point. At this moment, unless I missed something, I'm the only one voting for HD, so there is little chance of him being lynched.

So basically would you prefer me to vote somebody who has an even worse chance of being lynched? Or jump on a bandwagon for somebody else.
@Soulmaster;

Please elaborate how CF is acting strange. so far I've only seen her say that there isn't enough info to warrant going after one player just yet. I saw you do the same thing.
Fair enough, but her's was on the current leading person. So I suppose you have me there. I would like to hear more from her though.

I would like to ask you why you voted me? You gave me very little time to respond, so why didn't you just vote me beforehand? And if that is to put pressure on me, it doesn't, just sayin'.

Fair enough, but her's was on the current leading person. So I suppose you have me there. I would like to hear more from her though.

I would like to ask you why you voted me? You gave me very little time to respond, so why didn't you just vote me beforehand? And if that is to put pressure on me, it doesn't, just sayin'.
I voted for you because of you and CF both gave the same reasoning for not initially changing your vote, but it being OK for you while not being OK for her.

Last edited:

@Beck; why did you make it a point to mention me and jda?
@UltimateMaximus; What was the point of the "omg rng made Human vote himself" post, when looking at the list shows that others did the same, and even outside of this game, the action does happen naturally.

@Crystal Onyx; How is fifteen minutes enough time? A lot of people have real life stuff and can't always be online. You seem kind of rushy with your vote in that sense.

UNVOTE: Midorikawa
VOTE: GastlyGibus

@GastlyGibus; Considering how you make it a point to say how you are against pressure voting, yet now you are doing it like crazy and the way you jumped on CF for not unvoting when the action is no different than yours. So early in the game yet you are already contradictory to normal behavior and in game actions.

For example my question to Paperhorse was meant to get a hunch about what she thinks about voting for Forgotten. Her reaction so far seems to be 'pft' which may mean reluctance to vote for Forgotten. Which of course means that there is a connection between those two. For that reason I am going to
Vote: Forgotten

Huh? There is no connection between us (that I know of). My response of "pft" to your post was based on that "vote Forgotten" joke. I wasn't reluctant to vote Forgotten, I just didn't have a reason to at that moment.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm kicking myself over rushing, I'd already come to that though that not everyone is hanging around eagerly awaiting the next bit of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom