• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon 'ruined' by evolution.

Glameow ftw. They could of turned it into one of the sleekest pokemon ever but instead they neutered it and showed it two years later :[

I'd love to see a split evo so I could use it instead of the fat cat.

Then Lickylicky and Tangrowth blah blah blah.

- porygon-z

The Pokedex says...

D/P Pokedex said:
Additional software was installed to make it a better Pokemon. It began acting oddly, however.

Platinum Pokedex said:
Its programming was modified to enable work in alien dimensions. It did not work as planned.

Hg/Ss Pokedex said:
Its programming was modified to enable it to travel to alien dimensions. Seems there might have been an error...

Yeah. So according to the Pokedex, Porygon-Z really WAS ruined by evolution... :-|

IT HAS NO NOSE

Dawn_Ambipom.png

WHAT NOW

i refuse to call that...that....thing! a nose
it's like a crappy mustache!

Ditto should get one. That isn't used for sex.

I have a problem with a lot of the new evos of original Pokemon.
At least they haven't made one for Farfetch'd. It needs an upgrade, but it would get ruined by looks.

Rhyperior looks awesome. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

On topic... I think I'll go with Delcatty. Skitty just looks cute and less weird-looking by comparison

Also, Probopass. Not that I ever loved Nosepass to begin with, but he just went from ugly to absolutely awful.

But anyway, why are people complaining about the new evolutions for tangela, Lickitung, and whatnot to be too "similar" to the previous? The whole concept behind Pokemon evolutions, design-wise, is that they look like they came from a younger version of themselves. Besides, Gen 1 wasn't that "inspired" with it's evolutions either (e.g. Grimer evolves into BIGGER GRIMER and Magnemite evolves into a cluster of itself), so this isn't new in the slightest.

I think that all Pokemon evos have been beneficial. Especially the DP evos. Perhaps Scizor was unneeded, though.

I really disliked all the Sinnoh evolutions to Kanto Pokemon (Magmortar, Electivire, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Magnezone, and so on)... except for maybe the Eeveelutions, but even those I felt were rather uninspired.

Magmar and Electabuzz were brutally slaughtered by their evolutions. Electivire and Magmortar are the ugliest pokemon to date.

I used to think so as well, until I realized that to me, Magmortar isn't really much uglier than Magmar itself. :p Plus, those flamethrower-arms are kinda cool in my opinion. Electivire still looks hideous to me, however.

I've always disliked Walrein. Sealeo is a cute, chubby walrus, but when it evolves... Walrein has an ugly nose and I have no idea what those white things are supposed to be. It looks like it's bald, too. -__-

Walrein looks like one of those 40 year old couch potatoes who's balding and has the undershirts that are too small for them.

Either that or a clown.

But I like Walrein. It goes from ball thing, to seal thing, to walrus. They should get a manatee or a platypus Pokemon though.

Why do people hate Magmortar? The only good thing in that line is Magby and Magmar is by far the worst, Rypherior is badass and Electwire is superb.
Ryhorn and Elekid are the best ones in those lines, but Electabuzz and Rydon are no better than Ryperior and Electwire.

I think Snover's cool, but I'm not a huge fan of Abomasnow's design. Also glameow. It goes from a sleek, awesome cat to some big, fat thing. I guess that is kind of the point since the name is based on the word ugly, but still I think they could have done better. I kind of prefer Crocanaw over Feraligatr. For most starters, the middle stage is like a combo of the first and last, but with this fmily, Feraligatr looks like a giant totadile and the only detail that comes from crocanaaw is the spikes and bottom jaw. Does anyone agree with me?

Also glameow. It goes from a sleek, awesome cat to some big, fat thing. I guess that is kind of the point since the name is based on the word ugly, but still I think they could have done better.

The name is actually made up of pure and ugly, put them together and remove the -e in pure and you get Purugly.

How about the Piplup line? Piplup is a cute little penguin. Prinplup continues the penguin idea but then Empoleon just looks like some piece of water sport equipment.

How about the Piplup line? Piplup is a cute little penguin. Prinplup continues the penguin idea but then Empoleon just looks like some piece of water sport equipment.

Empoleon is amazing. An armored penguin? I'd take it.

Back
Top Bottom