• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon 'ruined' by evolution.

What's wrong with Magnezone, Magmortar, and Rhyperior? D:

Anyway, I would have to say... Ambipom. It's just... stupid. And why the hell does it have udders at the end of its tails?

Ambipom Is not stupid.

There was no need for am Electabuzz/Rhydon/Magmar/Magnetom evolution but there was a need for a Tangela, Aipom, Lickitung and Nosepass competitively as well as a few more T.T

Magmortar, Rhyperior and Magnezone, of course, but to avoid me saying what the OP said not to post, I also think Probopass, Mismagius and Ambipom look much worse than their pre-evolved forms in my opinion. Battling wise, all of them are pretty good. I'd collect them all up and use them in my team if they didn't have such weird-ass designs.

I like Mismagius and Ambipom. What I don't like is Teddiursa... something so cute was changed into a monster. :mad:

Althought I dont feel any Pokemon was "Ruined" per se but, I sorta don't like Honchkrow. It has a nice shape and all, but if there was a female only evolution for Murkow, like one with a more slender shape and a bigger with hat of some sort, then I'd be fine.

Dragonair into Dragonite? It seems soo illogical for a selnder blue dragon to turn into a big and bulky dragon with little tentacle things on its head. I have seen better evolutions of dragonair on deviantart.

Also, I would get Glameow, but then use an Everstone on it to prevent it's evolution to Purugly. Why couldn't they come up with a better looking evolution than that?

Otherwise, I'll think of some more and post back to you

most if not ALL of the of the evolutions in DP that evolved pokemon from the first games (i.e. Electabuzz, Magmar, Saidon, Lickitung, etc.)
I also didn't like politoed much either, it didn't fit in with the Nyoro family AT ALL...

Magmar and Electabuzz were brutally slaughtered by their evolutions. Electivire and Magmortar are the ugliest pokemon to date.

RHYPERIOR.
Rhydon has always been among my favorite Pokemon. AND it looked Final Stage. Now it's been ruined by that.... thing.

If they wanted to pay homage to the First Pokemon created by making him a 3-Stage, they should of given him a baby stage, because a Huge Pissed Of Rhino Made Of Rock hatching from an egg just seems unrealistic to me.

Probopass and Lickylicky, DO NOT WANT. I'm all fine with Magmortar and Rhyperior, they're cool. ._.

Also, I used to dislike Tangrowth, but it's... grown on me like a fungus (Which means I should probably bathe more.)

Lickitung

...what...the...fuck
i don't care if that damn thing is Arceus incarnate! i'm not using it

Probass gets points for being a Rockin-ass-Pimp, so thats fine with me

I prefer Rydon's look to Rhyperior, but Rock Wrecker is badass, and HE IS SOLID ROCK

Magmar, Rhydon, Dusclops, Probopass, Magneton(somewhat).

Maybe Scyther as well *runs*

Almost anything created with a three-stage evolution line. First stage generally looks cute, but the middle stage is kinda boring and not really memorable. Usually they are saved in the third stage, though. Pokémon that become a three-stage line later either by adding the third stage (Magnezone), new first stage (Pichu) or both (Elekid, Electivire) are generally exempt from this.

- wobbuffet
- loudred
- shelgon
- probopass
- lickilicky my shaved she wolf
- togekiss
- magnezone
- tangrowth
- rhyperior
- porygon-z
- magmortar

^ these are all the ruined evolutions.

I don't understand why there is so much of an aversion to Magmortar. I mean, I know it's ugly, but it seems to be a slight reference to Shoop Da Whoop an internet meme that has something to do with a laser. I mean, just look at its face and you'll see the resemblance!

As for (pre)evolved pokemon I hate, Peliper, Bonsly, Munchlax, and Wynaut.

Back
Top Bottom