• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon 'ruined' by evolution.

...Buneary. It goes from cute little bunny to... 'sexy' chick bunny thing. I hate Lopunny.

Empoleon is amazing. An armored penguin? I'd take it.

Exactly. Empoleon is under the definition of ULTIMATE when it comes to the Final Form of an evolution.

How about the Piplup line? Piplup is a cute little penguin. Prinplup continues the penguin idea but then Empoleon just looks like some piece of water sport equipment.

In my opinion, Pokemon should always have their first form as cute, and as it grows, it gets more...mature. lol.

Im not as cute as I once was when I was 1-8 years old. I grew up and look more mature. And once I get ripped I'll be in my ultimate final form. LOL.

design wise: Crobat (i love him as a pokemon though), Porygon-Z (ugh).

Evo Wise: Steelix, an upgrade gone wrong, Dragonite, Why not another serpent, it looks cooler.

Thats all i can think of.

I say Dusclops > Dusknoir. They basically do the same thing in battle, not a whole lot of difference there. And Politoed, why did they make him again? Also, Meganium. Bayleef is WAY cooler.

Last edited:
Worst? I would have to say Porygon2. Why does Porygon have to turn into that shit before it becomes the awesome Z?

Also, Blazikan is pretty bad too IMO.

Leafeon and Feraligatr on design, but I have warmed up to the Feraligatr's design now.
I just hate the big bulky pockets on the 'gatr's skin.
The Leafeon is just...
*throw up*

Purugly. Glameow was kind of cute, but I really don't like Purugly (especially in dp 178, which looks like its sitting on Meowth)
And maybe Hypno.

I've never understood why - of the 4th generation evolutions - Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar are disliked. I think those are the only three that managed to pull off the whole "evolve Pokemon who obviously don't need one" premise.

Up until the 4th generation, Blissey was the only evolution that I disliked. Crap like Tangrowth deserves to get doused in Roundup, and more of its ilk better not show up in B/W.

Lickilicky is the only one that's really ruined. Granted it could be useful, but it looks almost as derpy as Bidoof.

Oh, wait, I also dislike Pichu evolving into Pikachu. >.> I'd Thunderstone right away, but there are Level-Up moves to consider.

I dislike Rhyperior, Magnamortar and co. like a lot of people here, but also purugly, a big, fat, ugly cat.
Glameow is the only pokemon I ever gave an everstone too!

Back
Top Bottom