• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chess Mafia (2023) - ENDGAME - TOWN + INDEPT WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only gambit when I deem it necessary. I can claim if it’s really needed, but I’m happy playing like I am now.
Nah, you claiming now would probably be bad. Just because I'm used to you gambitting and made a note of it definitely doesn't mean you not doing so is a problem.

I only gambit when I deem it necessary. I can claim if it’s really needed, but I’m happy playing like I am now.
When u gambit ur scum read when u dont ur scum read u just cant win can you

HumanDawn - HD is hard for me to read so I'm a bit nervous putting him this high... but at the same time, the plays I don't understand a shred of are
Something is missing here...
toastghost - Townlean on meta, I've only played with them twice and one of those times was over three years ago, but they definitely feel more in line with their town U-Choose game than their scum game, scum toast felt very inconsistent IIRC, and this feels more in line with the trying to figure out what's going on I remember from U-Choose
It has been ages since the most recent scum toast game, and considering toast age, everything about his meta might have changed since. Agree on looking similar to town self on U-Choose tho.

ffs 10 pages i hate D1 so much

played in
this is a stretch for one of them tbh

I am to blame for that, sorry Tood.
The only one who did anything wrong was the one who checked the rules, immediately forgot about them, posted their wincon, then remembered the rules right after doing so.

Whatever, I am sucking terribly at this startegy and it seems to be more distracting than helpful.

I posted this in my Role PM:
wtf

The only reason i trust human rn is this seems normal for him especially after pretending to be andrew tate for whole game
wtf
going to check this out when I have time

possibly have irl stuff going on
i mean technically, I was supposed to be on break from the forums until november, sooo :bulbaLol:

Shitty list incoming:

-Not really into starting a Zinn wagon for the vote on Ex since iirc, being excessively paranoid of Ex and preferring D1 no-lynches seems kind of normal for them? Not really town-reading them, but nothing about their post screams scum to me.

-Mint: ehh, the joke vote doesn't feel like much of an issue; you can make the argument that the human vote was an OMGUS, but tbf given the mess of the last few pages I would also probably vote him out of spite

-Human: the mimicking mafia thing is just really weird since it's just a handicap against town for his own benefit, but if what potato says about the fucking andrew tate thing is true, then I have no clue what to make of this, other than that he is insane. The fact that he foreshadowed this so early in the game feels like it has to be a town thing rather than a 5D chess(heh) mafia gambit right out of the gate

-Milkshayke: tbh I don't get the hard town read from some players. The proposal to seek out the king from earlier still seems a bit off to me since there's no real scenario where town would benefit from doing so; and I don't get how anybody softing anything would be a benefit to anyone at this point. Like, I could just be hyperfixating on that one post, but...? Are the town reads mainly because of how they've been one of the more active players thus far? I can get soft town read since yeah, sure it's just one post and they're contributing quite a lot to this game compared to a lot of others, but why hard town?

-Helperman: indep claim is whatever, slightly paranoid about an arsonist maybe, but ehhhhh. With 2 targets per night it seems like it could be kinda busted without some town interference.

-Everybody else seems fine or is inactive. Nothing that stands out to me.

I suppose
Vote: Raven
:bulbaWave:

shrug Not really feeling much of anything about most players at this point. Everybody is just like, aggressively neutral. Except maybe Human, who I guess is towny to me due to the ridiculousness of whatever the stuff from before was.

Also
Re: the setup, I think mafia has to have at least one pawn, but also a king of their own (because chess), no?
I feel like there are some tricks with this setup that make me want to treat it like a bastard game, despite it not actually being one.

wtf

-Milkshayke: tbh I don't get the hard town read from some players. The proposal to seek out the king from earlier still seems a bit off to me since there's no real scenario where town would benefit from doing so; and I don't get how anybody softing anything would be a benefit to anyone at this point. Like, I could just be hyperfixating on that one post, but...? Are the town reads mainly because of how they've been one of the more active players thus far? I can get soft town read since yeah, sure it's just one post and they're contributing quite a lot to this game compared to a lot of others, but why hard town?
you must. it was go rush, he spent the entire thing larping tate. not just that, but a weeaboo version of tate. top tier humor.
also im hard town because im beautiful and have good taste in manga. (also our rock friend still hasnt beheld the softs... shame)

That is right, however not knowing the effects of a host lynch could be pretty detrimental to town, I would rather gain info from another player’s lynch than a host lynch. In my eyes, voting for the host is the same as not voting for anyone.
It’s not the same though. And you never know if it’ll give info or not.

I rather get a mafia lynch over a mislynch, and honestly I’ll take a no lynch or host lynch over a mislynch if there has been enough conversation in the phase, since by that point the nightkill gives info.
Just outing the whole scum team D1, although thinking about it that would be a lot more difficult than I first thought :unsure:
In the 100 mafia like 3/4 claimed to be mafia, pretty sure on D1.

Have also seen the whole scum team outed before. I think it was Atelier mafia. Someone was converted and Human told them they were being converted before the official conversion. They joined the mafia chat before the conversion and outed them all.

Heck in the walking dead mafia I joined the mafia I joined the mafia chat before my official conversion. Could have done the same thing, but I think it ruins the fun.
oh shit didnt mean to double post this time, i forgot to mention it. ive been absent for the past hourish uncharacteristically bc i was in the middle of a tutoring session. ap chem sucks :/ i have another round tomorrow which will go for a bit longer but i promise i'll be a lot more active after that
As far as I and everyone else should be concerned. There is no characteristic activity. Real life happens and everyone should respect that.
Sorry im dyslexic i didn’t even not omg king king king i meant king
Kinky.
Yeah whatever I feel like we are not getting any meaningful discussion going atm and just spamming fluff that will make it harder for the others to catch up

I kinda wanna hear more especially from Mido whose OMGUS I really do not like, but also Raven, Minish (although that is unlikely) and Tood.

Actually, for now

VOTE: Tood
I forgot they were in the game. Why am I the only one to be scumread for OMGUS? Man is the hypocrisy high in this game.
i forgot that raven was even in this game, i wanna hear from him
VOTE: Raven
Hmmm
:bulbaLove:
actually think they are higher than Mido, like come on this is just NAI meta stuff of theirs. Anything that is not a town flip d1, being NL or host lynch, is OK for them.
Seriously the amount of free passes Zinn is getting based on meta is disturbing. It would be so easy to play her meta and pretend to be town.
DO NOT CLAIM!!!
Mint: ehh, the joke vote doesn't feel like much of an issue; you can make the argument that the human vote was an OMGUS, but tbf given the mess of the last few pages I would also probably vote him out of spite
:bulbaLove:

Now then serious question to people.

Do we think all roles of the same name have the same role? Ex: Knoghts are trackers, bishops are watchers, etc. and Do we think mafia has the same roles as town ultimately?

ffs 10 pages i hate D1 so much

this is a stretch for one of them tbh

The only one who did anything wrong was the one who checked the rules, immediately forgot about them, posted their wincon, then remembered the rules right after doing so.

wtf

wtf

i mean technically, I was supposed to be on break from the forums until november, sooo :bulbaLol:

Shitty list incoming:

-Not really into starting a Zinn wagon for the vote on Ex since iirc, being excessively paranoid of Ex and preferring D1 no-lynches seems kind of normal for them? Not really town-reading them, but nothing about their post screams scum to me.

-Mint: ehh, the joke vote doesn't feel like much of an issue; you can make the argument that the human vote was an OMGUS, but tbf given the mess of the last few pages I would also probably vote him out of spite

-Human: the mimicking mafia thing is just really weird since it's just a handicap against town for his own benefit, but if what potato says about the fucking andrew tate thing is true, then I have no clue what to make of this, other than that he is insane. The fact that he foreshadowed this so early in the game feels like it has to be a town thing rather than a 5D chess(heh) mafia gambit right out of the gate

-Helperman: indep claim is whatever, slightly paranoid about an arsonist maybe, but ehhhhh. With 2 targets per night it seems like it could be kinda busted without some town interference.

-Everybody else seems fine or is inactive. Nothing that stands out to me.

I suppose
Vote: Raven
:bulbaWave:

shrug Not really feeling much of anything about most players at this point. Everybody is just like, aggressively neutral. Except maybe Human, who I guess is towny to me due to the ridiculousness of whatever the stuff from before was.

Also
Re: the setup, I think mafia has to have at least one pawn, but also a king of their own (because chess), no?
I feel like there are some tricks with this setup that make me want to treat it like a bastard game, despite it not actually being one.
Not a huge fan of this post, I went and checked most active posters and it is Jamie then I, yet we are not referenced even once in this rather big post. Even though we got quoted.
I forgot they were in the game. Why am I the only one to be scumread for OMGUS? Man is the hypocrisy high in this game.
Because of all the OMGUSs only yours looked non-joke enough.
Seriously the amount of free passes Zinn is getting based on meta is disturbing. It would be so easy to play her meta and pretend to be town.
I am not exactly giving them a complete pass, when it becomes clear No Lynch is not going to happen this phase, I do expect them to start committing somewhere, and they will be read based on that.
Now then serious question to people.

Do we think all roles of the same name have the same role? Ex: Knoghts are trackers, bishops are watchers, etc. and Do we think mafia has the same roles as town ultimately?
Ex did say before rand mafia are gonna be shogi pieces, our claimed indep seems to be a Checkers piece, so I doubt this...

Not a huge fan of this post, I went and checked most active posters and it is Jamie then I, yet we are not referenced even once in this rather big post. Even though we got quoted.
i mean
If i wrote

Zexy seems fine
Jamie seems fine
Dawning seems fine
Potato is fine
Toast seems fine

Does it make a difference? I'm just lazy.

Even if your post count is high, I still don't have much to say about any one of you guys that doesn't have to do with random fluff. Just curious on how some people seem to be hard clearing some other users over others

...I have no clue how i missed reading that part of zexy's post even though I literally quoted part of it, but...

Ehhhhhh??? There was info in the pre pre game?

Maybe I should stop joining these games so last minute :confused:

i mean
If i wrote

Zexy seems fine
Jamie seems fine
Dawning seems fine
Potato is fine
Toast seems fine

Does it make a difference? I'm just lazy.

Even if your post count is high, I still don't have much to say about any one of you guys that doesn't have to do with random fluff. Just curious on how some people seem to be hard clearing some other users over others
What would make a difference is finding something meaningful to comment on all those posts. Not doing so is what looks sus o you.

We are not really hard clearing anyone yet. When we say town reads early d1 we usually just mean people we do not want lynched today, of course some action result could flip any read in an instant.

(also our rock friend still hasnt beheld the softs... shame)
Do you think anyone has?
I rather get a mafia lynch over a mislynch, and honestly I’ll take a no lynch or host lynch over a mislynch if there has been enough conversation in the phase, since by that point the nightkill gives info.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I don’t think we’ve had enough info yet to no lynch, but your point makes sense.
DO NOT CLAIM!!!
I was very tempted to claim Town Emperor when Dawning said about me gambitting (I am not Town Emperor by the way), but lips are sealed over my role.
Yes, in one instance I believe they do.

I was very tempted to claim Town Emperor when Dawning said about me gambitting (I am not Town Emperor by the way), but lips are sealed over my role.
i think people would have realised that was a gambit very quickly because the king definitely dosent want to out themselves especially that early

just to confirm shogi is Japanese or Chinese chess i forget witch one
I think Japanese
i think people would have realised that was a gambit very quickly because the king definitely dosent want to out themselves especially that early
Not necessarily, host dropped a little hint earlier about the King’s protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom