• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 31st -- Endgame -- Mafia Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- July 30th -- Day 1 -- The Road

@Midorikawa;

No reason in particular. Nothing against either of you. I've just been trying to prod as many players as I possible, and that was an opportunity to do so.

Not much reason at all, just noticed it and was surprised.

Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- July 30th -- CONFIRMATIONS -- Subs Requested

1xzdc5.png

Beck -- IIVoting: Paperhorse, Master Mew
Crackfox -- IIVoting: Parma, GastlyGibus
Master Mew -- IIVoting: Beck, Kyriaki
GastlyGibus -- IIVoting: Crackfox, Midorikawa
Soulmaster -- IIVoting: Leggo, Crystal Onix
GliscorMan -- IIVoting: Zenax, Neonsands
jda95 -- IVoting: jda95
HumanDawn -- IVoting: Soulmaster
Parma -- IVoting: Mijzelffan
Mijzelffan -- IVoting: Forgotten
Zenax -- IVoting: UltimateMaximus
UltimateMaximus -- IVoting: HumanDawn
Forgotten -- IVoting: Mr. Fahrenheit
NeonSands -- IVoting: Hippowdon
Kyriaki -- IVoting: Rabbit
Crystal Onix -- IVoting: Gliscorman
No Lynch -- 0Voting: None, yet.

Next Update: Friday, August 1st, at 10 PM EST.

(You may change your vote however you like, but you may not 'Unvote' and thereby do nothing. If you see any mistakes, please let me know.)

Last edited:

:/

Unvote: jda95

Way too handsome to vote for tbh....

Vote: Crystal Onix

A half "vote for the sake of a vote" vote, half "person of interest" vote. You seem pretty eager to get things moving which you did get called out for and you apologized for (apologized for too swiftly??? food for thought.). I'm not saying you're setting off every scum sensor in my body but you're attracting my attention with just a couple of comments that make me wonder - and it wouldn't hurt to have a vote on you at this stage at least. Please understand. ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Yes, I know I apologized a little fast for some people's taste, but that was only my own forgetting that people are doing other things also because I'd been waiting here with bated breath to learn anything new. I then remembered that I do have to do the same.

Greetings, all! Sorry I missed the first couple hours, Wednesdays are very busy days for me. For the record I'll also be 100% unavailable this Saturday, and I'll probably miss a chunk of Sunday as well (church work, go figure). To be honest, I was hoping this game would take longer to fill up. :p If I'm still alive Monday, I should be around a lot more from that point forth.

Now, onto business:

I haven't seen nearly as many red flags yet as I would have hoped, so I'll be giving the thread another hard look shortly, but so far I can say this: The subtle shifts against CrackFox so far reek. I don't like this dynamic of the thread at all. Taken in context, her initial post wasn't any more suspicious than those before and after it, yet she picks up a vote from GastlyGibus for it and Soulmaster calls her behavior strange for it as well (though not strange enough to warrant a vote, apparently, despite his current vote being random anyway), meanwhile the only person bothering to point this out is HumanDawn.

I'm not quite sure what all that means just yet, could be a number of things:

A.) CrackFox is Town and Scum are content to let her gather suspicion without getting their hands dirty.
B.) CrackFox is Scum and her partners don't want to go on the record as defending her, but feel it's too early to throw in the towel and bus.
C.) This is all just random Day 1 noise.

C, of course, doesn't tell me anything - and a theory doesn't make predictions is inconsequential, so I won't waste any time on it. A and B, meanwhile, are both plausible and nearly impossible to tell apart, however in both cases I would find Soulmaster slightly suspicious for endorsing the shift against CrackFox, and HumanDawn slightly townie for being the first, and only, person I've noticed who pointed it out.

With that, @Soulmaster has edged higher up my scumdar (albeit slightly) than my current RNG vote for Beck, so:

Unvote: Beck
Vote: Soulmaster

@HumanDawn you are my top (albeit slightly) Townread so far, how do you feel about Soulmaster? Am I wrong to find his non-vote on CrackFox more suspicious than GastlyGibus' vote on CrackFox (since they both call her out on strange behavior)?

Hmmm...
Can't tell if Master Mew is dropping real hints about his being Town or if it's just a ruse.
The combination of hypotheses along with voting Soulmaster are interesting, though.

I see what your getting at Mew and I agree with most of it so it especially the part about soulmaster looking kinda scummy so on that note UNVOTE: Neonsands and VOTE: Soulmaster

Hypothesis B doesn't sound quite right to me when paired with the accusation of Soulmaster being Mafia.
Why would one Mafia knowingly vote another Mafia (Same for Town on Town) when they can keep attention off themselves without drawing attention to another Mafia by voting for some other member?

I have the feeling CrackFox and Mew may be on one side and Soumaster on the other with GastlyGibus. Which side is which, though...

At any rate, Master Mew has joined GastlyGibus on my watchlist.

Last edited:

Hypothesis B doesn't sound quite right to me when paired with the accusation of Soulmaster being Mafia.
Why would one Mafia knowingly vote another Mafia (Same for Town on Town) when they can keep attention off themselves without drawing attention to another Mafia by voting for some other member?
Allow me to explain:

If CrackFox is scum and has been called out as scummy, her partners have a bit of a dilemma: Do they fight the lynch? (This is dangerous, if she gets lynched and flips Mafia then the people fighting against the lynch may look suspicious) Do they join the lynch? (This will make them look townie if she flips Scum, but means actively lynching their partner - and it's a little early for them to throw in the towel like this) Or do they tacitly endorse the lynch (so that they won't look like they opposed it if she is lynched) without actually joining the wagon (just in case something better comes up)?

Of the three, the last one is the safest bet for Scum to hide in. That doesn't guarantee anything, but it's too early in the game (by my measure) for Scum to act that recklessly on either of the first two choices.

@Crystal Onix, can you please stop editing your posts? Some players find it suspicious, but I just find it frustrating when I reply to a post and then the post I replied to changes. :p

But in my mind, what I said neither fights nor endorses the lynch, and none of your three options quit match up. They simply go for different lynch or for people they feel won't get enough votes to get lynched.

Still thinking about this one.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that double-posting was frowned upon, more so than editing.

But in my mind, what I said neither fights nor endorses the lynch, and none of your three options quit match up.
Right. But I wasn't accusing you, I was accusing Soulmaster.
They simply go for different lynch or for people they feel won't get enough votes to get lynched.
Why vote for someone just because you don't think they'll get enough votes to be lynched? Isn't lynching the precise purpose of voting?
Still thinking about this one.
Could I bother you for a suspect list, and reasons to accompany? You're being rather wishy-washy.

(And double-posting is frowned upon within a 2 hour time frame, what I did may get me infracted, but many games outright ban editing because it can be interpreted as cheating)

Reply in Purple.
Greetings, all! Sorry I missed the first couple hours, Wednesdays are very busy days for me. For the record I'll also be 100% unavailable this Saturday, and I'll probably miss a chunk of Sunday as well (church work, go figure). To be honest, I was hoping this game would take longer to fill up. :p If I'm still alive Monday, I should be around a lot more from that point forth.
Ignoring this

Now, onto business:

I haven't seen nearly as many red flags yet as I would have hoped, so I'll be giving the thread another hard look shortly, but so far I can say this: The subtle shifts against CrackFox so far reek. I don't like this dynamic of the thread at all. Taken in context, her initial post wasn't any more suspicious than those before and after it, yet she picks up a vote from GastlyGibus for it and Soulmaster calls her behavior strange for it as well (though not strange enough to warrant a vote, apparently, despite his current vote being random anyway), meanwhile the only person bothering to point this out is HumanDawn.
I do admit there aren't quite as many flags so you say. I have already admitted that I was being hypocritical, but nothing can take that first comment away. I am not a person to just vote without good cause, when I vote I want to be able to back it up with good evidence.

I'm not quite sure what all that means just yet, could be a number of things:

A.) CrackFox is Town and Scum are content to let her gather suspicion without getting their hands dirty.
B.) CrackFox is Scum and her partners don't want to go on the record as defending her, but feel it's too early to throw in the towel and bus.
C.) This is all just random Day 1 noise.
As for this part, to me, at least on my end of things, it is C. As I don't know one way or the other about CrackFox, I can't pronounce judgement here.

C, of course, doesn't tell me anything - and a theory doesn't make predictions is inconsequential, so I won't waste any time on it. A and B, meanwhile, are both plausible and nearly impossible to tell apart, however in both cases I would find Soulmaster slightly suspicious for endorsing the shift against CrackFox, and HumanDawn slightly townie for being the first, and only, person I've noticed who pointed it out.

With that, @Soulmaster has edged higher up my scumdar (albeit slightly) than my current RNG vote for Beck, so:
I feel honored to be higher on the great Master's scumdar. Okay, so I'm currently in the lead with 4. What can I say to clear me?

Unvote: Beck
Vote: Soulmaster

And yes, double posting is very bad. Like Mew said, within a couple hours is frowned upon. If you have game changing information to say, than a double post is fine, but for what both of you did, editing it in with "EDIT" is preferable.

I do admit there aren't quite as many flags so you say. I have already admitted that I was being hypocritical, but nothing can take that first comment away. I am not a person to just vote without good cause, when I vote I want to be able to back it up with good evidence.
Yes, I remember your playstyle. The thing is, in this setup, you're voting whether you have good evidence or not. I guess I just don't understand why you prefer a vote with no evidence over a vote with little evidence?

I feel honored to be higher on the great Master's scumdar. Okay, so I'm currently in the lead with 4. What can I say to clear me?
You can start scumhunting, that would be relatively fantastic evidence that your win condition is to catch scum.

Shoot, I hope I don't get infracted too, then.

I've been making my thoughts public so far, if they seem wishy-washy, that's because you and GastlyGibus seem to be the most interesting players, simply because I'm seeing the most consequential chatter out of you two, but nothing that for sure sets off my Scummeter. However, your thoughts and who supports them is giving me what I hope is some sense of who is together on each side, even if I'm not certain who to trust yet. By the same logic, I expect to be high on some people's watchlists.

You seem to be placing Soulmaster, who agrees with GastlyGibus on the same side, and your logic there sets off no alarms. However, I see them casting suspicion on CF, which, akin, but not the same as your hypothesis A makes me think GastlyGibus and Soulmaster are across from CrackFox. However, HumanDawn's defense of CrackFox puts in my mind that those two maybe on the same side. Your post, however, is harder to read, as part of it makes sense, as well as the use of the terms Townie and Scum being the first I've seen them be described that way, but B doesn't sit well with me, so I can't tell whose side you're on.

So I feel you and GastlyGibus are most likely to give useful info amidst the chatter Persons of interest? Yes. Suspects? Not quite yet.

You want scumhunting? Well here you go, these posts are the ones that rubbed me the wrong way, doesn't make sense, contrary to a different post, etc. So have fun, my not so good scumhunting here we come.

Confirming~ So it seems one player will have to defend themselves every day. Interesting.
Why is this different from any other game in that respect? And it just so happens that today there was a majority on someone at the beginning of the phase, that was just blind RNG. We could have had a 5 way tie or something, so then would nobody have to defend themselves?

Unvote: Master Mew
Vote: HumanDawn
You never answered the question as to why you voted this, care to explain it now?

Still can't believe that the random vote made Human vote himself.
Like was noted, so did several other people, why focus only on HumanDawn?

Oh yeah, didn't see them.
Don't suppose you could make your posts have something more in them. You have posted several times, but they have all had very little in them. So is this a case of "better to say small things that don't matter than say anything at all"? I may not agree with this policy, but not everybody is me.

My largest concern is, as I had anticipated, those who refuse to change their vote against a player when the player isn't at risk. It's effectively a No Lynch, it tells us nothing.

Why not switch it up? Especially this early in the game, there's no harm done. Or is it too much trouble to pick another player?
So, you're saying to switch up the votes, what if for some reason we all decided to vote you? It would be switching up the votes, but wait, there's some harm in that isn't there? At least to you there is. Be careful what you wish for.

how dare you be voting for me Leggo, and here I thought we were friends
I'm sure you know well that friendship and love does not stop the lynches from coming. Ship me a cheesecake and then we'll start talking friendship. ;D

Also, I'll be willing to reconsider my vote once I get better reads on everyone since not everyone has had the chance to post during Day 1 yet.
Ignoring the first part, did nobody notice that she essentially said the exact same thing as CrackFox, Forgotten, and myself? That is exactly what she is saying, except she makes it sound not as straight-forward. So I would like to ask you the same questions that have been asked of the rest of us.

so your vote being on the first wagon isn't a good enough reason for you. interesting.

unvote: forgotten
vote: crackfox
This post is kinda confusing, and everybody is making such a big deal out of CF's stuff, what about @Zenax; who hasn't posted at all and is on the alleged "first wagon"

Unvote: Hippowdon
Vote: CrackFox.

The whole point of the random votes was so that you WOULD do something, not just stand around twiddling your thumbs. I'm not saying that CrackFox is any more or less suspicious than others, since several others are doing the same thing, but her keeping your vote on the majority is not very helpful.

I also find it interesting that Beck is calling out people for not changing their vote, yet he keeps his vote just the same. I know he said he'd wait for MM to say something, but just pointing it out.

I'm probably giving Phoenicks a headache with how many times I've switched my vote so far.
Okay, so now I ask you, which gives us more information? A no lynch, or a random lynch? Even if the random lynch is a townie, normally it better helps the town in coming days, lets everybody get reads and whatnot. And if you didn't notice I lost my train of thought for this quote

UNVOTE: Rabbit
VOTE: Neosands
I would really like to hear more from you. See what I said to UltimateMaximus earlier in this post.

So, does that help satisfy you, MM? You might catch me once more tonight, but I'm gonna be heading to bed soon(hopefully).

So, does that help satisfy you, MM? You might catch me once more tonight, but I'm gonna be heading to bed soon(hopefully).
It does help, thank you. It would help more if you accompanied it with a vote, though (or is your Beck vote serious now? That's fine if it is, since you included him in the above list of suspects, just say so). Why, after all that scumhunting, would you stick with your RNG vote?

In other words, who is your top suspect? I realize they probably aren't top by much, but who edges out the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom