• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Confirmed New Pokémon Discussion

Pika: It has the same colors and is made of rock.

That's it, really.

Yeah I thought about lower accuracy. But I didn't think about them making it go last, which would make sense like with Roar/Whirlwind doing the same. I just hope it does have some major drawbacks because I don't want Onono getting banned. :p

Actually, I think Dragon Tail will have good Accuracy and appropriate power. It's drawback IS having to switch out after using it. OR does the opponent have to switch?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's that later. It will probably have bad accuracy and be slow, I agree.

The possible Learnset for Mabukijika really intrigues me, considering the seasonal changes.

very true. i even came up with a theory that he changes types during seasons. summer_ grass-fire (sunshine) winter, grass ice (snow) all i could think of

It also makes me curious how it works in competitive play, considering there ARE no seasons in battle tower and the like.

I was thinking it would work like Wormadam

Spring evolves into spring forme mebukijika

and same for the other seasons

and for the battle whatever...I think it would just stay it's form so that a spring Shikijika can battle a winter shikijika...and so on and so forth

does burmy change in the battle...whatevers?

Alright, I was totally wrong about Shinjika evolving into Stantler, and its not a complete failure like I thought. BUT! This new bull/buffalo pokemon "Buffalon" is obviously the evolved form of Tauros. How could it not be they look like each other. If this is not the evolved form of Tauros then that heart fish is not the evolved form of Luvdisc.

Most of the newest pokemon are lame, except the mushroom and the puppy which are hilarious. I'm glad to see ononokusu and desukan finally.

p.s. whoever said ononokusu was a mantis should be ashamed of themselves.

I was thinking it would work like Wormadam

Spring evolves into spring forme mebukijika

and same for the other seasons

and for the battle whatever...I think it would just stay it's form so that a spring Shikijika can battle a winter shikijika...and so on and so forth

Mebukijika's formes change with the seasons as well. They aren't fixed like Wormadam's.

Alright, I was totally wrong about Shinjika evolving into Stantler, and its not a complete failure like I thought. BUT! This new bull/buffalo pokemon "Buffalon" is obviously the evolved form of Tauros. How could it not be they look like each other. If this is not the evolved form of Tauros then that heart fish is not the evolved form of Luvdisc.

Most of the newest pokemon are lame, except the mushroom and the puppy which are hilarious. I'm glad to see ononokusu and desukan finally.

they're not evos

no new evos this gen

end of discussion

Mebukijika's formes change with the seasons as well. They aren't fixed like Wormadam's.

son of a bitch...

that makes it slightly less cool

hopefully there is something that allows me to keep it in it's winter form..

maybe a rod of seasons?
Link_and_the_Rod_of_Seasons.png

End of Discussion?

Well even if they are not they were meant to be.

End of Discussion?

but I cant see a tauros losing all three tails and gaining an afro......
But afro bull is beast and he and a tauros will be on my post e4 team

If you read the interview with the Gen V Pokemon Designers, it's something like this:

When making Gen II, III and IV, they knew there was a mouse Pokemon (Pikachu), so they didn't make another one. But in Gen V they didn't care about that, so they made Pokemon that might look like another one from older Generations, and yet not related to it.

Why did they have to make Pokabu's evo part fighting type? What is gamefreak's obsession with fire/fighting starters?

End of Discussion?

They might not share the same evolution line but most def were meant to be bros 4 lyfe post-elite four. Now how 'bout dat? :cool:

I like that there's the buffalo as well as the AMERICAN PRIDE EAGLE, adds to the awesomely bizarre "America as seen by the crazy Japanese" aesthetic.

Why did they have to make Pokabu's evo part fighting type? What is gamefreak's obsession with fire/fighting starters?

Well, it IS an awesome type. If the fire fighting pigs weren't the starters, I don't think people would be complaining about them. At the very least, I hope the final form is bulkier (better defense/special defense/hp) than Blaziken or Infernape.

Well, it IS an awesome type. If the fire fighting pigs weren't the starters, I don't think people would be complaining about them. At the very least, I hope the final form is bulkier (better defense/special defense/hp) than Blaziken or Infernape.

My complaint is that we've had fire/fighting three times in a row! Pokabu is still my favorite, however.

Assuming the final evolutions are true like the secondary ones, it seems Pokabu's is not going to be all that fast. However, unlike Blaziken and Infernape, Pokabu's final stage will probably have higher defense/special defense and HP.

Back
Top Bottom