• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

i'm kinda covered for dragons with ice shard weavile and ice punch dusknoir, so it's only really useful for breeloom/gound types, and ground types are covered my surf :/

it can learn giga drain, which would be amazing for health restoration, and also smogon has knock off in the set, but i'd prefer another attacking move :/

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

My favorite types are Psychic and Steel. Any advice for a Psychic/Steel bitype team? Like, weaknesses, strong points, thinks to look out for and what not.

My favorite types are Psychic and Steel. Any advice for a Psychic/Steel bitype team? Like, weaknesses, strong points, thinks to look out for and what not.

Well generally, having a single or even dual type team isn't the best idea, but if you really want to, I suppose Psychic and Steel are two pretty good types.

Steel/Psychic types include Metagross and Bronzong, which are excellent Pokemon. They are only weak to Fire and Ground type attacks (and Levitate removes Bronzong's Ground weakness), so a Pokemon or two that resists those types would be a welcome addition. Empoleon's Water typing cancels out Steel's fire weakness (but gives him a Fighting weakness). Scizor's Bug typing cancels out Steel's Ground weakness (but magnifies his Fire weakness). Starmie resists both Fighting and Fire, and Claydol is immune to Electric and Ground, which could give your other Pokemon trouble.

So that gives you Bronzong, Metagross, Empoleon, Scizor, Starmie, and Claydol.

Now that's a completely off-the-top-of-my-head team, and of course further research is needed to figure out good movesets, natures, EV spreads, battle strategies, etc.

So that's the basic skeleton of a team. Everything is ultimately up to you, though. Hope this helps you get started!

Thanks!
My friend and are trying to see who can have the best team with our two favorite types.

So...I'm in the Distortion World, getting ready to battle Giratina and SR (hopefully not too many times) for a good battling one. Any suggestions? And yes, I have looked on Smogon -- I'm looking to see if anyone else has any other opinions.

So...I'm in the Distortion World, getting ready to battle Giratina and SR (hopefully not too many times) for a good battling one. Any suggestions? And yes, I have looked on Smogon -- I'm looking to see if anyone else has any other opinions.
Impish/Bold (Dragon Pulse/Dragon Claw) for the D/P one, or the defensive variant. For the Platinum one (offensive) go Modest for Sub CM sets, Adamant for CB sets, and Lonely/Naughty for mixed ones.

Went on a Magikarp fishing spree in Diamond today because I got sick of chains breaking, and managed to snag myself this little beauty of a Karp:

Adamant #129 Magikarp: 19 / 31 / 30 / 27 / 27 / 18

What worries me is that speed IV. Should I try making this into a bulky sort of Gyarados?

Is there any way I could use Solrock in a competitive team? I like that guy.

Last edited:

Went on a Magikarp fishing spree in Diamond today because I got sick of chains breaking, and managed to snag myself this little beauty of a Karp:

Adamant #129 Magikarp: 19 / 31 / 30 / 27 / 27 / 18

What worries me is that speed IV. Should I try making this into a bulky sort of Gyarados?
Use 204 HP / 92 Atk / 16 Sp. Def / 196 Speed, it is adjusted to the original Bulky Gyarados set, but is arranged to fit your IVs. 204 HP / 16 Sp. Def allows you to never get 2HKOed by a Timid LO Heatran's Fire Blast. 196 Speed is to outspeed Gengar after a DD. Although, 92 Atk fails to 2HKO Bold Blissey, but if you take away EVs from the other categories then you will be weak to Heatran and such. Besides, you have should have Taunt so Bliss cannot T-Wave you. 156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Speed is the original spread for flawless IVs, but the one I gave you does the same thing (although doesn't have 100 Def) with your IVs.
Is there any way I could use Solrock in a competitive time? I like that guy.
Eh... Solrock is destroyed by Gyarados, Tyranitar, and Salamence just to name a few. Most of the attackers now he just can't wall. He can however come in on a CB user using Earthquake, and provide support. He works the best in OU being a suicide lead actually, and has a lot of advantages over most leads.

Stone Edge or Rock Slide for Tyranitar?

i'd say rock slide, tyraniar has far too many weaknesses to risk a miss :/

right, my new team, i've been trying it out over and over again on shoddy battle, and they've mainly been great, won 16 out of my 20 battles so far :D
however, slight concerned about my special wall, tentacruel, it's been good on some occasions and on others, has dyed after about two hits or defeated in one by earthquake
at the moment it's

252 def, 128 spA, 128 spD
cant remeber the name of the nature, but it's up spA down att
toxic spikes
rapid spin
surf
ice beam

thinking about going with sludge bomb instead of ice beam?
or has anyone got any suggestions/different pokemon to use?
Sorry for the late reply. Here is a good special walling Tentacruel set:

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Nature: Calm
EVs: 204 HP / 110 Def / 24 SpA / 172 SpD
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Electric

Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes is standard on Tenta. Surf for STAB, and Ice Beam can be used for Dragon-types, where as Sludge Bomb can be for Water-types. Hidden Power Electric can ONLY be used for Empoleon, since Sludge Bomb hits waters harder. 204 HP is for max Lefties recovery, where as 110 Def is to sponge hits. I forgot where I got this, but the EV spread was important. =P

Stone Edge or Rock Slide for Tyranitar?
Stone Edge is usually superior in power. You already will have Crunch, which has good accuracy, and has a better side effect. Having two low base power STAB moves isn't that great, so if it was me I would use Stone Edge. Stone Edge also has a high critical rate which is more beneficial than flinching. You can also use Rock Slide on Choice Scarf set for flinching I guess.

Last edited:

Who would be better for a Healing Wish/Double Screen support Pokémon, Togekiss or Gardevoir?

I'm trying to not use Legends, so no Cresselia :)

Gardevoir.

I just realised that Togekiss gets "wish" not "healing Wish" >.<

Any reasons why Gardevoir is the best choice?

EDIT: K, got myself a Bold Ralts.
What sort of EV spread am I looking at here?
Sorry for makiing other people do my work, haha ._.

Last edited:

I am looking for a good scizor for my steel team. I don't know Evs yet cause I have not bred one or know a lot about Evs off my head, but I had an idea:

Ability:Technician
nature:Adament
Item:possiblly Life Orb
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Super Power/Brick Break
roost/pursuit/night slash

thinking superpower over brick break to 1HKO heatran before it can really do some damage and also take out magnezone easily.

Is there any way I could use Solrock in a competitive team? I like that guy.

Hm... I like that one too :) here are a few ideas you could use:

Nature: Brave

Item: Not sure maybe Lum berry

Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Trick Room
Light Screen/reflect
Explosion
Rock Slide

Trick room and explosion if you really need to take out your opponet and you still have pokemon left. using lum berry will prevent something like sleep.

not sure if that will help, its all I know, plus solrock has a high sp attack if you have one with a naughty nature but most good water types can KO a solrock without too much trouble.

Last edited:

I am looking for a good scizor for my steel team. I don't know Evs yet cause I have not bred one or know a lot about Evs off my head, but I had an idea:

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Super Power/Brick Break

Choice Band Scizor is the Scizor of choice, unless I'm mistaken:
Scizor@Choice Band
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant/Technician
~ U-turn / X-Scissor
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower / Brick Break
~ Pursuit

Who would be better for a Healing Wish/Double Screen support Pokémon, Togekiss or Gardevoir?

I'm trying to not use Legends, so no Cresselia :)
Gardevoir is the only Pokemon (I think) that learns both and is not a legend. Otherwise, Jirachi, Latias, or Celebi would be awesome for the role.
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Super Power/Brick Break
SD Scizor isn't that great now in the metagame, it usually doesn't have anytime to set up. =\ But, use 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe, it allows 11 uses of LO. Superpower>>BB, it does more damage even after the drop, and OHKOs Magnezone if you want to overpredict it predicting you to SD (tongue twister lol). Use X-Scissor in the last slot, because I myself never found any time at all to be able to Roost while also having to SD up. Pursuit is bad on something that is not CB, or something that is just not setting up. Night Slash is outclassed by X-Scissor because of STAB, and they both get rid of Slowbro, Cresselia, which takes Bullet Punchs easily.

is there a precise time magnet rise lasts, like 5 turns?
same for trick room?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom