• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

Night 2: Luck Run Out
Night 2 - Luck Run Out

1. @DawningWinds
  2. @Jinjo
  3. @ExLight
  4. @RavenRaziel98
  5. @Space
  6. @EternalPokéFanGirl
  7. @Pika_pika42
  8. @Midorikawa
  9. @TheCapsFan

In the depths of Eterna Forest, a girl lurked, picking berries on the forest floor. Unaware of the events that had transpired outside the forest, she felt free, away from any danger, when all of a sudden she heard a voice behind her. Startled, she ran, through the forest to an old, abandoned house. She opened the door and slammed it behind her, breath shaking and gasping for air uncontrollably. "Well well, what do we have here?" A Galactic Admin with red hair approached the girl with a menacing look in her eye. "Please! Don't hurt me! My name's Cheryl. I mean you no harm!" She pleaded with the Admin, but to no avail. "Now now, Cheryl. I don't WANT to hurt you, but seeing as you've walked right into our experiment..." Cheryl looked up. Test tubes littered the floor of the house, with researchers standing in front of...household appliances? She didn't know what this was for, but it didn't look good. The lady with red hair continued: "...then you'll have to just stay quiet, understood?" Cheryl, eyes beginning to glaze with shock, nodded, and fell to the ground unconscious.

--------------------------------------------

FINAL VOTALS

Pika_pika42: 3 (Space, DawningWinds, EternalPokeFanGirl)
Jinjo: 1 (Pika_pika42)
Midorikawa: 1 (ExLight)
EternalPokeFanGirl: 1 (Jinjo)

Not Voting: RavenRaziel98, Midorikawa

Dear Pika_pika42, you are Cheryl.

You are one of the five stat trainers in the game, and the first one encountered by the protagonist. You journey with them through Eterna Forest due to the presence of Team Galactic. Your specialty is Pokemon with high HP.

You heal the protagonist’s Pokemon after each battle, with the help of your trusty Chansey. As such, you are the town’s Doctor. During each night phase, you can choose to protect a player from a nightkill targeting them that night. You can do this by replying to this PM with Heal: [PLAYER].

You are allied with the town, and win when all mafia have been eliminated.

Pika_pika42 has whited out! They were Cheryl, the Town Doctor.

It is now Night 2. Please send us your night actions within your Role PMs. Night 2 will end at 11:59PM ET on Sunday, April 10th, or roughly 24 hours from now.

Last edited by a moderator:
ExLight
Space
DawningWinds
EternalPokéFanGirl
Sushi The Enby
Midorikawa

Pika_pika42

Unvote
Vote: Pika_pika42

oof I thought I had submitted this but it was in my draft
I guess it was completely wrong any way :notlikeduck:

No this is. Literally not weird.
She wanted people to know she was roleblocked because she wanted people to know for sure there was a roleblocker, and when you claim to be roleblocked people automatically ask who you targeted, in case of Commuter or Ascetic or something.
Ok, that does indeed make sense, fair enough.
She's usually not like this, but its not alignment indicative; when she has time for the game she's usually really aggressive as both town and scum. Its more indicative that she's busy at the moment than anything.
That's the reason why I stated that I just could get things wrong since I have no reference. I feel less like a random blaming jackass if I include this possibility.
Raven not voting despite being overly suspicious of everyone is a bit annoying. Benefit of the doubt due to them being new players, and a no vote is just another type of vote, which as I explained earlier to Jinjo is fairly NAI.
I can understand where you're coming from and if I should survive this phase I'll make sure to improve in that matter. Considering the amounts of players left it is at least a bit easier to make a decision I guess.

Midorikawa being early on the mislynch and kinda MIA so far is a red flag to me. I'm fairly sure he also claimed to have been roleblocked as scum before too so this is making me extremely uneasy.
Oh I led the mislynch not early on it.

And I’m MIA because this thing called work. It’s rough dealing with a million things a day.

Lastly we’ve been playing together for years and you still don’t know I’m a girl???

Anyways computer is booting up. So expect some isos if it doesn’t freeze

also I might take a while to pop here cuz I got hacked in one of my games and I'm kinda trying to find a way to fuck the hackers/sellers over

Good morning everyone.
I think @HumanDawn has a point, claiming to be the firefighter in the first message since the game started does indeed appear a little suspicious. However, if @DawningWinds isn't the arsonist, they can only be the real firefighter because otherwise they couldn't know about a possible arsonist/firefighter.
I hope this made kinda sense, I'm kinda nervous to make something wrong ^^
Doesn't consider any possibility outside of firefighter and arsonist for Dawning.

PTNC-1
I thought about it for a couple more minutes and I'm convinced that DawningWinds isn't the arsonist. What's the point in letting the others know about the arsonist if you're the arsonist yourself? You would just make it harder for yourself to achieve your goal. So DawningWinds is either saying the truth or some really mad mastermind with a wicked strategy (still possible though). However, the Firefighter could still be mafia (even though it is more likely that the firefighter is aligned with the town), so should not immediately consider them as harmless.
Again doesn't consider other possibilities and magically trusts Dawning, but wait they toss on a little "but they could be mafia" on the end. Looks like setting up for a possible back track.

First half is fine, not everyone has to consider all possibilities but that second half does look like laying down for a backtrack.
Indeed, I'm a first-timer (and have never played among us or anything similar before).
Hope my thoughts so far were kinda helpful even though there weren't many yet.
PTNC-2
My paranoid mind is spinning the weirdest conspiracy theories the longer I think about certain statements and I don't feel like trusting anyone so far (which is normal I guess...?), I feel kinda insecure at the moment. Maybe I'm giving too much thoughts (to the entire game as well as certain posts) but as for now I don't feel "safe" enough to even have someone in mind who I could vote even possibly.
CWAC
Soooo... I thought I came up with some batshot insane conspiracy in my mind, but there are other people who mentioned similar things and now I'm beginning to feel even more concerned. Let's say there are no firefighter and no arsonist. There are still good chances for an independet party or a third mafia member being involved. By claiming to be a firefighter we would be mistrusting each other because of a possible arsonist, but both, mafia and town alike, would benefit from the firefighter if there actually is an arsonist, so the firefighter would have pretty smooth sailing since we can't know for sure. Roles like a serial killer, a jester, an unjester, a survivor, a cop, a godfather and many more would take benefits from that claim because no one would have a reason to kill them. And as a serial killer you could still win without using your ability even once (or using it pretty late in the game) so if there was no double kill that doesn't guarantee that there isn't a serial killer in the slightest. I'm still not sure if I'ld go as far and vote for lynching you, but I've reached a point where I feel like I should be cautios around you.
This is so unnecessary and super wordy. Rave is literally parroting what I said and claiming that they came up with a batshot conspiracy, before finally telling Dawning they'll be cautious of them. This has no real substance.
You're right about the jester/unjester thing, messed up at that part (I was reading several character descriptions at once and kinda lost the overview, my apologies at this point, I screwed up). However, I should also mention that I consider those who keep doubting the whole arsonist situation constantly/rather persistent as possible arsonist. Just because younraised my suspicion that doesn't mean I don't suspect others for having a reason why they wanna get rid of you (and spreading doubts about your ole would be a pretty convenient way to do so I guess).
PTNC-3

Buddying? On Dawning? This is so weird. And they try to subtly cast shade on Space and I and anyone else who would dare speculate the possibilities of Dawning and his claim. So everyone who openly displays distrust about the claim is worthy of suspect but not them for being cautious?
I didn't mention the cop because I considered DawningWinds a cop but rather to mark my point of rules that could possibly benefit from the firefighter claim in general. And if my brains gonna fry (not like there can be any more damage done) then that's even better becuase this would mean it was one hell of a game ^^
"I didn't mention cop" ..... but they did.... This is actually a response to Light for calling them out on mention the possibility of DAwn being cop. This just makes no sense.
I'm back.

Have to agree with DawningWinds, the way Bigfoot talks about shooting and about being on the good side leaves an odd taste in my mouth. Also, I want to let you guys know that if I shouldn't vote then it's because I either knocked off or didn't get up early enough (the day ends at 6am where I live so I have to either stay awake or go to bed early).
Why not place the vote before bed? They cast say they find BigFoot suspicious without saying it directly which is a method for backtracking. And they don't vote anyone and give the excuse that they might not vote because they may be asleep. They are completely avoiding giving direct stances by this point.
She indeed implicated that two times already and it does kinda confuse me. There is the possibility though that by claiming to be mafia they would maybe appear to be less threatening than the arsonist - but that would be a kinda weird strategy, especially because there would be no guarantee that we aren't still lynching them because they're mafia after all.
Raven literally is calling me mafia here but doesn't vote me. If someone thinks I'm mafia which we saw Big Foot did, then why not vote me?
ExLight's last statement kinda triggers my paranoia.
CWAC
Simple. It strikes me as a little odd that they want to get the heat off you. Makes it look like they know you're not the arsonist. And this would mean that they know your role and the only reason why that would be the case is because you are both part of a fraction that knows the other mebers of said fraction. However, I'm paranoid in general (not kidding, I'm even occasionally eavesdropping my neighbours), so it's most likely in my head.
Pinning Light as a buddy of Space or as the real arsonist because he's not immediately saying Space is the arsonist. So basically they are trying to pin Light and Space as anti-town....
Like I said, probably in my head lol. So far around 27% of the people here have a reason to want me dead sooner or later, that kinda messes with my brain. I consider my chances to die within the first 2 nights as high so far and a mislynch would increase the rate of people that want to get me even further. That's a big thing that I keep in mind, so I'll think very hard who (or even if) I vote before the end of the day.
...................You are putting yourself way too high on a pedestal. And yet another excuse not to vote!!!!
Did someone else notice that Sushi, Pika and Eternal are oddly quiet? Even Bigfoot said more (although the stuff they said was not exactly what I'ld consider useful).
Quiet=/=scum And yet they are clearly trying to set it up to mean that.
You seem to have misread my sentence (or I messed up with the build) :)
Something is irking about this. It was just unnecessary.
True, I've focused on the amounts of posts rather than the total worcount. My bad :bulbaFacepalm:
For someone who is new, it seems strange that they would even be looking at wordcount or post count. Some sites consider high post count to be townier than just content level. Might just be me, but this just comes off as off. Or maybe its because this hurts their subtle "Quiet people=scum"
I see where you're coming from because let's be honest - I do try to figure something out kinda hard so fair enough I guess.
Idk what this is responding to. PLEASE QUOTE WHO YOU ARE RESPONDING TO!
I have a fear which I have to keep a secret until after the game because telling you would increase the chance of said fear come true. This may sound oddly msterious but I just wanted to announce that beforehand sonnobody can say I came up with it afterwards. So for now I have to keep silent because otherwise I would jynx it.
CWAC FLUFF UNNECESSARY
Well... yes, but also no. I just wanted to implicit that I foresee a possible situation, yet I can't elaborate because doing so could trigger said situation. I'm fully aware that this can potentially turn into a suspect (even more) but it's kinda worth the risk. For the record, I won't gain any benefit from telling this (at all) but as soon as said thought came up I wanted to tell you guys when it's safe to do so.
Writing this took me way longer than I expected because there were always new posts coming and I kept reloading the page so I could cover other stuff in this post if needed.
CWAC FLUFF UNNECESSARY
One thing I still wonder about is why exactly bigfoot voted for Midorikawa. It just appears kinda random to me and I can't wrap my head around it, especially because there is no further elaboration, no apparent reason (unless I've missed it), just a random pointless vote. Kinda like they voted simply for the sake of voting, but that's the thing the makes it so damn confusing.
Coming from the person who straight up called me mafia. Well technically it was subtle, but still.
Besides, even if they don't vote they could at least share their suspicions
......................................................................................................................................Hypocrite. They didn't vote. They never directly stated suspicions, just left everything as subtle, or set up for backtracking.
It's not necessarily apparently
What?
Here they say it could be any alignment (I don't know which wiki is correct though, I was using this one so far because it was linked in the Strategy Guide or something like that)
Nothing wrong with this.
I don't know, could be a fake claim but could also be legit. I'm kinda feeling like this could turn out to be a mislynch but then again... I'm feeling kinda torn because they seemed kinda excited to claim their role earlier in the game but at the same time I can't know if they would've fake claimed or not.
SO FLIP FLOPPY
^ related to the Bigfoot thing
I feel like a friggin train wreck. Last time I checked the clock was around 4am (must've been 10pm ET if I'm nit mistaking). Barely slept 6 hours...
Anyway, without further CWAC - so Bigfoot was town after all. Kinda thought so, yet too much doubt considering his reeeaally poor choice of words so I wouldn't have risked my neck for them. Also I wanted to note for the record that I probably wouldn't have voted even if wouldn't have slept in unless there would've been a tie between Bigfoot and Jinjo - in that case I probably would've chosen Bigfoot, simply because I don't know how to feel about Jinjo yet, especially after this odd Jinjo/Space debate got rolling.
"I thought Bigfoot was town" This post reeks of I didn't vote him, and still avoids any direct stances. Starting to see a pattern?
I don't know if this is considered CWAC but considering the fact that absence can quickly become suspicious I thought I should rather inform you beforehand that I won't be able to contribute much during the next hours because I have to take care about some errands. I'll try to check in from time to time but my phone battery is kinda broken so it tends to a certain fickleness (sometimes it dies at around 10-15%, sometimes at around 30-35%, in rare occasions even earlier) so I might just "vanish" for a while. I have my notebook with the bulbagarden tab opened on my bed though so don't get fooled by me being apparently online. I'll let you know as soon as I'm back "full time".
I don't have a problem with them stating they won't be on. My issue is the "absence=suspicion" Thing again. They are obsessed with making quiet people out to be mafia.
@DawningWinds I just figured that after the absence of pika and sushi being suspicious I thought it might be better to inform the others beforehand (though I wasn't exactly sure if it was because they were absent or because they generally barely didn't say a thing or if it's a combination of both).
I don't remember the reasons for suspicions against Pika or even remember there being suspicion on Sushi. The only one I know that cast suspicion on them for not being super active was Raven themself. Veterans know (Well except apparently ExLight) That us being quiet usually just means life is busy and not hey I'm lurking. Raven however is obsessed with the opposite.
That's also the reason why my first message always contains a hint of me just woken up, I consider it as useful if the others have a more or less precise impression of my sleeping schedule
Unnecessary fluff.
Sooooo... I'm back (well technically I already was when I was posting again but I had to take a bath and going I'm back - I'll be gone for another 2-3 hours would've been kinda awkward) and I wanna try to elaborate my issues.
Here's the thing:
I have big difficulties making decisions even about minor stuff (if I'm in a store and see multiple things I like I keep standing in front of them for several minutes before either taking one of each or none - there are exceptions but those are rather uncommon) and I'm also not good with interpreting other persons (from being not sure if they're mad at me to not getting sarcasm, unless it's very very obvious).
snfdk.ml,?Z?>Cvx ,zlgadjfks;knhmd.ng,dksa/.m
In addition to that I tend to have a very weird way of thinking and making conclusions because I consider possibilities that are pretty far off as way more likely than they actually are. Today was a good example actually. Immediatly after announcing my absence I regretted it because my brain starts with stuff like the following: Why did you even tell them, no one else would've done that, they'll think you're hiding something (ore at least are some kind of weirdo)! So I panicked and was about to add: Nevermind, I need to swing by at home anyway so I can just log out on both devices until I'm available again. But then I canceled said post because my brain goes: Don't post that, it would be even more odd and may implicate I'm pulling some kind of "hidden lurking"! Btw, this whole writing and regretting/cancelling thing is something that does happen quite frequently in many other threads (or during the ME streams) aswell.
srjdtfgkuhlj;kjxgdjkl;'kjhj
What also kinda bugs me is the fear that if I rightfully suspect a mafia member/ the arsonist that they could consider me as one of the most threatening persons, resulting in me becoming more targeted than the rest. Also (and I know this is kinda unnecessary but forced doubts are a nasty cleans throat) I'm not to confident about my english, resulting in the fear of messing up somehow because I'm being misunderstood or something like that.
Okay this I can respond to......................literally did not notice english is not your first language.

Self preservation is a horrible trait to have in mafia if it hinders scum hunting. A certain level is of course necessary, but to be solely concerned about it is suspicious.
And finally, the fact that the others either know each other from playing together or being part of the staff makes me feel even weaker because I don't know the others habits/personalities/play styles quite as well as the rest. Now some might say that since I'm a newbie I'm harder to read for the others for that reason but the thing is, they're still more experienced in reading other players (and have most likely collected experience with reading other newbies past), the only exception would be EternalPokéFanGirl I guess.
............................................I hate trying to read newbies.

Luckily you don't present that way. Or well more like unluckily.

Also knowing playstyles isn't always good since it means if one knows how to fake their own playstyle it makes it more difficult to read them. New players means new takes.

Not that it will help with reading me. I've proudly given nightmares and ptsd to people in mafia. :bulbaLove:
Holy cow, that turned out way longer than I expected. I added some space to make it less "wall of texty".

So as far as my reads go for now
DawningWinds -> Town, trusting you the most right now
Human Dawn -> Town, trusting you too but kinda less than DW
Midorikawa and ExLight -> I honestly don't know for now
Jinjo and Space -> I'ld like to safe my judgement for after the whole situation has calmed down, don't know where to put them but it feels like caution might be smart at the moment
Pika_pika42 -> feels kinda towny but could be a trap (I'm leaning towards town for now though)
EternalPokéFanGirl -> requires further investigation but I'ld rather consider you town for now
Sushi The Enby -> Only mentioned for the sake of a complete list, I have like no idea at all (how could I, given the circumstances)

Wow, figuring out that list took me waaay longer than the rest, the total time I needed for writing this post was about an hour :oops:
.....Is everyone shipping me and Light? First Human and now you?

Anyways funny how Raven went from cautious of the firefighter to trusting them most. Human is a fair one. Still avoids a direct stance on me and Light too on that note. Probably concerned about us biting back if they are too direct.

JinjoXSpace not sure I ship them. They do seem to clash a decent amount in mafia but if you're doing a Antagonistic ship then as loathe am I to admit it, Jinjo and I would be much better.

On a serious note caution on them makes sense.

So non committal on Pika. Also note that they say they are leaning town. If you are leaning town on someone then you would be less likely to use a role on them unless it's a protective role. Note this for later.
Good morning folks.
There is one thing that immediately made me feel uncomfortable.
There are only two people who died tonight so here are my guesses:
1. Mafia didn't kill anyone last night (unlikely, especially considering that the chances of a hostile indep around are kinda high)
2. Mafia tried to kill someone but the target was bulletproof/doctored/saved some other way
3. If getting killed by a vig get's announced the same way to us as a mafia night kill (I honestly don't know about that) then there are chances that Jinjo was either the only vig after all or (but I don't know if that's possible/likely) mafia has a vig too.
The mafia having a vig comment is just unnecessary paranoia spreading.
I want to make clear that I jumped the gun at first and wanted to blame Space as soon as I saw that, but since there could be other reasons (from target protection to me just being wrong becuase I'm missing something) which are from kinda unlikely to realistic possibilities I wouldn't feel to great by blaming Space already. If something I pointed out was wrong (in example because there is a game rule that contradicts that) don't hesitate to point that out.
For now I'll keep an eye out for Space though...
........What? Where did they blame Space? And again with the subtleness casting shade on Space.
If that was the case adding a firefighter appears kinda strange (unless there are more than one) and even though the arsonist being (most likely) independent it would make the role kinda op.
Nothing wrong with this.
Ooops, almost forgot

Highly unlikely if you ask me because it would make the arsonist a role that has the lowest "defense" (unless there is an alignment) and nearly completely remove the "offense" (unless there is no firefighter in the game) so this would be extremely unbalanced.
However, if someone actually got notified after all it could be considered as a proof for an alignment so let us know asap please.
This is fine.
Does being bulletproof protect from SK kills (honest question)? If yes, then you're right, but if not the arsonist could technically kill everyone except for the firefighter without further difficulties (that's why I thought it could be kinda op)

By defense I mean that the arsonist is on it's own/everyone wants to get rid of them. Let's take the stating setup as an example, 11 people, 1 being the arsonist, that makes around 90% of the players being hostile towards the arsonist (unless the arsonist is part of a fraction of course), that's what I meant with "defense" (appeared to be a fitting term to me in that moment).
By offense I mean the ability of the arsonist to kill other players. If the doused people would be noticed, they could just go Yo guys I got doused!, the firefighter removes the dousing the next night and the process repeats forever (unless there is no firefighter or the firefighter has a x-shot limitation), meaning the arsonist would only expose their presence (if the firefighter hasn't already) and basically wait to get lynched.
Solid post.
Would be kinda foolish to play my first game without checking how the roles that were claimed work, it's kinda hard to keep the overview as it is so I'm working with my phone and my notebook at the same time. I'm taking this all rather serious, I studied the rules and guides before even asking TheCapsFan if I could join although being a beginner. No point in participating if I'm just hindering.
Nothing wrong.
Funny that you mention that, I've noticed something like that myself today. I don't know if it has been the venting or if it's because the decreased amount of players (although it's still kinda worrying since the percentage of hostiles technically has grown that way) or if I'm just getting used to the situation in general.
I noticed the opposite. Raven has seemed perfectly comfortable the whole with the shear amount of subtle shade in their posts.
Now THAT'S interesting!
I don't know how to feel about that (mostly due to my lack of experience with the roles I guess) but I have 2 things that immediately crossed my mind (as always, take them with a big grain of salt, I could be far off again):
1. You're not mafia because in that case you would've probably just killed me.
2. You don't really trust me (which I kinda thought already) and think I'm mafia. My guess would be that may be a (partially) cop role trying to investigate me or a role similar to a vig, trying to get me.
………what?

The first one, why would I bother nightkilling you over someone like Jinjo or human or light? Like what? Just what?

And why is it anti trust immediately instead of trust role?

This just looks like it trying to paint me as a bad guy and Raven as a good guy.

Since I feel like chances are high that I won't survive the next night phase I figured I might aswell fill you in on my "mysterious fear" that I announced the other day.
…….Where does this confidence come from?
As soon as EternalPokéFanGirl noticed that she got some suspicious vibes from me I was scared that she will be nightkilled immediately. This would have made me look awfully suspicous and even if I would've said so immediately it could still be stated as some kind of prep work to make me look innocent. Also there would've been the risk that the mafia didn't think of that but with me mentioning it I could accidently get things rolling by delivering them a plan. In retrospective this is probably totally hilarious but at that time my paranoia kinda out of bounds.
What?
And while we are at it, you maybe should keep an eye out for Midorikawa. She seems to know more than we might expect her to know.
Yes because clearly I’m psychic. Seriously just come out and say directly that you think I’m mafia instead of this subtly game you’re playing.
But let me elaborate this further:
I don't like the fact that she has barely stated anything about her reads so far.
Reads=/=alignment. Some are good at them and some are not. My reads come in the format of me hunting you down and dissecting your posts.
However, I also wanna note that I don't know her style of playing and stuff like that so maybe this isn't much of an unusual behavior of her - in that case just forget about it, after all you know her way better than I do and all I can use as a reference is how other players treated their reads (in terms about talking about them with us).
Look at that once again making a backtracking comment.
But what striked me as the most odd was that she wasted a night action on me - and made it public.
I wasted my night action. I’m a role madness game I wasted my night action. And how dare I make it public!
Almost like she wanted to draw attention on me - maybe she didn't even use a night action on me and made the whole role blocking thing up, who knows.
………..Seriously please tell me I’m not the only one that sees the issue with this.

First Raven is afraid of attention being on them. And second accuses me of lying but still try’s to make it subtle.
But considering how Pika was far often more scum read and she still came up with me gave me a slight feeling of her knowing who is town and who isn't.
Remember how I said to note that Raven thought pika was town.

So it’s strange for me not to use an action on pika because others scum read him despite the fact that Raven said they lean town on him.

And that second half. Me choosing Raven over pika makes it seem like I know who is and isn’t town. Wouldn’t that make Raven mafia? Because by that logic I didn’t use my action on pika because I knew he was town and instead used it on Raven who I must know is mafia right?
Maybe I'm just seeing ghosts, maybe I don't - but I'm really excited to find out whether I was right (for once) or if I missed it again, so whether I'll die or not, I will keep track of the game.
I’m excited at successful mislynches when I’m mafia too.
Ok, that does indeed make sense, fair enough.

That's the reason why I stated that I just could get things wrong since I have no reference. I feel less like a random blaming jackass if I include this possibility.
Translation: that’s the reason I set up my backtrack comment so I can get away with it.
I can understand where you're coming from and if I should survive this phase I'll make sure to improve in that matter. Considering the amounts of players left it is at least a bit easier to make a decision I guess.
It was always easy to make a decision. Unless you’re mafia. Mafia hates being responsible for their actions.

In conclusion Raven is a scummy mc scum pants avoiding responsibility, and is avoiding a direct stance. They’ve been trying to push certain lunges through subtly rather than blatant outright.

In particular they paint me as mafia but don’t come right out about it.

They are just cruising along and spreading false paranoia and shading people.

Now then I’m going to take a break because pc is being a pain and had to finish this on my phone. I will post at least one other iso today. This one I wanted to do first.

The more ExLight talks the more I'm starting to scum read him. It's like as if he wanted to paint a false narrative about my claim and try to make it as a mislynch. ExLight talking about the kills made it look like as if he knew exactly on what happened with the kills because he is mafia.

The more ExLight talks the more I'm starting to scum read him. It's like as if he wanted to paint a false narrative about my claim and try to make it as a mislynch. ExLight talking about the kills made it look like as if he knew exactly on what happened with the kills because he is mafia.
I'm assuming this is referring to me speculating you shooting Pika?
How would I know that if I were scum? Only a scum tracker/watcher would know this lol

Doesn't consider any possibility outside of firefighter and arsonist for Dawning.

PTNC-1

Again doesn't consider other possibilities and magically trusts Dawning, but wait they toss on a little "but they could be mafia" on the end. Looks like setting up for a possible back track.

First half is fine, not everyone has to consider all possibilities but that second half does look like laying down for a backtrack.

PTNC-2

CWAC

This is so unnecessary and super wordy. Rave is literally parroting what I said and claiming that they came up with a batshot conspiracy, before finally telling Dawning they'll be cautious of them. This has no real substance.

PTNC-3

Buddying? On Dawning? This is so weird. And they try to subtly cast shade on Space and I and anyone else who would dare speculate the possibilities of Dawning and his claim. So everyone who openly displays distrust about the claim is worthy of suspect but not them for being cautious?

"I didn't mention cop" ..... but they did.... This is actually a response to Light for calling them out on mention the possibility of DAwn being cop. This just makes no sense.

Why not place the vote before bed? They cast say they find BigFoot suspicious without saying it directly which is a method for backtracking. And they don't vote anyone and give the excuse that they might not vote because they may be asleep. They are completely avoiding giving direct stances by this point.

Raven literally is calling me mafia here but doesn't vote me. If someone thinks I'm mafia which we saw Big Foot did, then why not vote me?

CWAC

Pinning Light as a buddy of Space or as the real arsonist because he's not immediately saying Space is the arsonist. So basically they are trying to pin Light and Space as anti-town....

...................You are putting yourself way too high on a pedestal. And yet another excuse not to vote!!!!

Quiet=/=scum And yet they are clearly trying to set it up to mean that.

Something is irking about this. It was just unnecessary.

For someone who is new, it seems strange that they would even be looking at wordcount or post count. Some sites consider high post count to be townier than just content level. Might just be me, but this just comes off as off. Or maybe its because this hurts their subtle "Quiet people=scum"

Idk what this is responding to. PLEASE QUOTE WHO YOU ARE RESPONDING TO!

CWAC FLUFF UNNECESSARY

CWAC FLUFF UNNECESSARY

Coming from the person who straight up called me mafia. Well technically it was subtle, but still.

......................................................................................................................................Hypocrite. They didn't vote. They never directly stated suspicions, just left everything as subtle, or set up for backtracking.

What?

Nothing wrong with this.

SO FLIP FLOPPY

"I thought Bigfoot was town" This post reeks of I didn't vote him, and still avoids any direct stances. Starting to see a pattern?

I don't have a problem with them stating they won't be on. My issue is the "absence=suspicion" Thing again. They are obsessed with making quiet people out to be mafia.

I don't remember the reasons for suspicions against Pika or even remember there being suspicion on Sushi. The only one I know that cast suspicion on them for not being super active was Raven themself. Veterans know (Well except apparently ExLight) That us being quiet usually just means life is busy and not hey I'm lurking. Raven however is obsessed with the opposite.

Unnecessary fluff.

snfdk.ml,?Z?>Cvx ,zlgadjfks;knhmd.ng,dksa/.m

srjdtfgkuhlj;kjxgdjkl;'kjhj

Okay this I can respond to......................literally did not notice english is not your first language.

Self preservation is a horrible trait to have in mafia if it hinders scum hunting. A certain level is of course necessary, but to be solely concerned about it is suspicious.

............................................I hate trying to read newbies.

Luckily you don't present that way. Or well more like unluckily.

Also knowing playstyles isn't always good since it means if one knows how to fake their own playstyle it makes it more difficult to read them. New players means new takes.

Not that it will help with reading me. I've proudly given nightmares and ptsd to people in mafia. :bulbaLove:

Anyways funny how Raven went from cautious of the firefighter to trusting them most. Human is a fair one. Still avoids a direct stance on me and Light too on that note. Probably concerned about us biting back if they are too direct.

JinjoXSpace not sure I ship them. They do seem to clash a decent amount in mafia but if you're doing a Antagonistic ship then as loathe am I to admit it, Jinjo and I would be much better.

On a serious note caution on them makes sense.

So non committal on Pika. Also note that they say they are leaning town. If you are leaning town on someone then you would be less likely to use a role on them unless it's a protective role. Note this for later.

The mafia having a vig comment is just unnecessary paranoia spreading.

........What? Where did they blame Space? And again with the subtleness casting shade on Space.

Nothing wrong with this.

This is fine.

Solid post.

Nothing wrong.

I noticed the opposite. Raven has seemed perfectly comfortable the whole with the shear amount of subtle shade in their posts.

………what?

The first one, why would I bother nightkilling you over someone like Jinjo or human or light? Like what? Just what?

This just looks like it trying to paint me as a bad guy and Raven as a good guy.

…….Where does this confidence come from?

What?

Yes because clearly I’m psychic. Seriously just come out and say directly that you think I’m mafia instead of this subtly game you’re playing.

Reads=/=alignment. Some are good at them and some are not. My reads come in the format of me hunting you down and dissecting your posts.

Look at that once again making a backtracking comment.

I wasted my night action. I’m a role madness game I wasted my night action. And how dare I make it public!

………..Seriously please tell me I’m not the only one that sees the issue with this.

First Raven is afraid of attention being on them. And second accuses me of lying but still try’s to make it subtle.

Remember how I said to note that Raven thought pika was town.

So it’s strange for me not to use an action on pika because others scum read him despite the fact that Raven said they lean town on him.

And that second half. Me choosing Raven over pika makes it seem like I know who is and isn’t town. Wouldn’t that make Raven mafia? Because by that logic I didn’t use my action on pika because I knew he was town and instead used it on Raven who I must know is mafia right?

I’m excited at successful mislynches when I’m mafia too.

Translation: that’s the reason I set up my backtrack comment so I can get away with it.

It was always easy to make a decision. Unless you’re mafia. Mafia hates being responsible for their actions.

In conclusion Raven is a scummy mc scum pants avoiding responsibility, and is avoiding a direct stance. They’ve been trying to push certain lunges through subtly rather than blatant outright.

In particular they paint me as mafia but don’t come right out about it.

They are just cruising along and spreading false paranoia and shading people.

Now then I’m going to take a break because pc is being a pain and had to finish this on my phone. I will post at least one other iso today. This one I wanted to do first.
This may sound a bit odd - but thank you. First off all I'm impressed by your style of working, second thing is I can now see where you're coming from (and why you didn't post any reads so far, btw I know you have work and a moderation job that require time, if I would've known how detailed your reads are I would've cut you more slack, sorry for that). Oh, and thanks for the credit for my english speaking, I had the luck to have 2 natives as teachers, but since I'm out of school it feels like I'm out of training, hence the reason I'm kinda worried about that. Sorry, I'm fluffing again I guess, so I'll stop here.

There are a lot of things I either messed up by not paying enough attention or simply can not prove,but I will at least make a statement to those things which I feel like I can elaborate them further (or at least try to do so).

I actually didn't place a vote on Bigfoot for 2 reasons:
1. After their claim I felt a certain doubt (and even more after I saw that their role doesn't necessarily has to be scum), that's also the reason why I gave them the possibility to clear things by posting the link to the wiki I used.
2. I was afraid it would be jumping the bandwagon (which I heard can be considered a bad thing) so I skipped out on that one (although skipping seems to be not such a good idea now).

The statements you were referring to:
I see where you're coming from because let's be honest - I do try to figure something out kinda hard so fair enough I guess. Was referring to EternalPokéFanGirl stating that my amount of effort seems kinda suspicious.
It's not necessarily apparently was referring to the Interceptor always being scum.
I'll make sure to quote in the future.

Why I immediatly thought it's an anti-trust role? Because you never stated to trust me. That being said, I also consider the possibilty (even though only a little) that (some of) those who declared to trust me simply lied so that I'll lower my guard.

About back-tracking on suspicions this is indeed an unnecessary behaviour of myself which is a result of things that went down in my personal life. I tend to expect people to get real mad at me if I claim stuff like that with absolute certainity, same reason I tend to do things rather subtile, I'm worried that the people may be offended.

You are right with many things you call out, but it feels a little like you expect me to have a far bigger knowledge of game mechanics, roles, behaviour etc than I actually have. I honestly considered the mafia having a vig a possibility seemed a legit possibility to me. I just didn't know that it was one of the town exclusive roles (and considering that most of you probably do know that it can hardly be used to purposefully spread paranoia).

The reason you made your night action was explained to me and reasonable so my apologies for that.

Me being flip/floppy is a general issue based on my difficulties making decisions, so no surprise with that (doesn't make it good though).

I think that covers most/all of the things I wanted to give statements to.

About me being scum - well, after what I've just read I'ld doubt myself too. Most of the times I'm full of inconsistencies, logic holes, etc.
I can barely deliever any defense (except for one thing maybe but that alone would be kinda weak since I didn't fully go through with it when it occured). Whoever feels doubt after Midorikawas analysis is hereby encouraged to go for the vote (if I'm even around during the next day phase, who knows).

Huh. I hadn't really noticed that Raven hadn't outright stated any suspicions; I think the subtle shade throwing they'd been doing kinda made it feel like they had been to me. I definitely agree, subtle suspicions are a lot worse because there's so much deniability as to whether or not you actually meant them.

With Zexy gone we need to find some replacement for MetaMislynchshipping.

………what?

Yeah I agree with this a lot; I pointed out that there were various roles that would be used on someone you trust and Raven just never responded that feels like it adds to this not being great.

I do disagree with this though. Even with you pointing out the subtle shade casting, I definitely get the vibe of feeling a fair bit of pressure from kinda nowhere from at least his earlier posts, but its kinda occuring to me that this wouldn't necessarily be a sign of towniness? A new scum could definitely feel the same way.

No your not, I hadn't really paid attention to that post before though. Mafia are definitely usually the ones who take issue with being the center of attention.

I understood this a bit differently, but I agree the wording is poor (note that English is not Raven's first language though so the occasional poorly worded sentence has to be excused) and its still weird as hell (this does not have to be excused as much). I think what they actually meant was something more along the lines of "The reason I mentioned cop wasn't because I thought Dawning was a cop but to make the point of there being several roles that could benefit from fakeclaiming firefighter". It's still weird to mention; if he didn't think it really made sense for me to be a cop than mentioning cop in that list still makes no sense.

so does it make sense for ascetic to exist in when there was doctor? (+ 1x doc + my bulletproof)

ascetic is basically a miller that can't be protected for town or a godfather that can't be tracked for mafia so yea I think it's fairly different from doctor

Forgot something, what is PTNC? Didn't find it in the Bulbagarden Guide and had no luck with the linked wiki either. Tried to google it but when I clicked on must contain PTNC there were no results.
Ignore that. It was soemthong I misremembered about the posts so it stopped quickly.

Anyways I have a piece of advice, and please don’t take it the wrong way. Something I’ve learned from experience is that real life is best left out of mafia. Separate them. Mafia is meant to be fun and it’ll only be fun if you have fun with it. It’s why I joke around don’t stress too much about things during it Becaise that will just give me anxiety in real life.

It won’t always be stress free, but create your playstyle to be as stress free as possible. It’s a game where you can be someone else so to speak, so enjoy being someone else and avoid anything too stressful. That’s why you see me blatantly ignore Jinjo because I know she’s a factor that makes me stressed over enjoying it.

You’re doing pretty good and you have a good understanding of the game, but you’re definitely letting real life affect you too much in game and I’m concerned eventually it can cause you to not enjoy the game.

With Zexy gone we need to find some replacement for MetaMislynchshipping.
And what’s our ship name?
understood this a bit differently, but I agree the wording is poor (note that English is not Raven's first language though so the occasional poorly worded sentence has to be excused) and its still weird as hell (this does not have to be excused as much). I think what they actually meant was something more along the lines of "The reason I mentioned cop wasn't because I thought Dawning was a cop but to make the point of there being several roles that could benefit from fakeclaiming firefighter". It's still weird to mention; if he didn't think it really made sense for me to be a cop than mentioning cop in that list still makes no sense.
It may be poor wording. I can understand the cop view though. Cop doesn’t want mafia to kill them so why not claim firefighter and hide from mafia in plain sight until the right time?
so does it make sense for ascetic to exist in when there was doctor? (+ 1x doc + my bulletproof)
Even in role madness I’ll admit it feels off to me. The lack of investigative roles that have popped up as well really makes it seem a bit OP being we know there’s a roleblocker unless arsonist roleblocked who they douse.

We have one confirmed investigative role that died. I would say at minimum there’s at least one more. But then two blocking roles is a bit unbalanced. It would just be a hindrance. I’m not the best with balance though.

@Jinjo What alignment do you think I am?

@Jinjo What alignment do you think I am?
Why bother with the question when you know the answer is scum.

It may be poor wording. I can understand the cop view though. Cop doesn’t want mafia to kill them so why not claim firefighter and
Because backtracking on an anti-3p claim would be a major pain in the ass, especially if I had to do it because of a different 3p flipping? I feel like people would scumread me pretty quick because of that.

Even in role madness I’ll admit it feels off to me. The lack of investigative roles that have popped up as well really makes it seem a bit OP being we know there’s a roleblocker unless arsonist roleblocked who they douse.

We have one confirmed investigative role that died. I would say at minimum there’s at least one more. But then two blocking roles is a bit unbalanced. It would just be a hindrance. I’m not the best with balance though.
I also suck as at balance; but I agree, there's probably at least one other invest role considering the only one flipped was one shot. I assume the roleblocker was a Mafia roleblocker though, so if that's the case we have one town blocking role snd one scum one, which doesn't feel so weird.
We also do have for sure at least one more redirective role, which I assume is town because I think it'd be weird if Mafia's two roles were an blocker and redirecter?

Back
Top Bottom