• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shoebill "leak" is an obvious fake, because it claims the release date is November, while the Japanese website clearly states it's Winter 2019.

That shoebill "leak" is an obvious fake, because it claims the release date is November, while the Japanese website clearly states it's Winter 2019.
already gone over extensively in this thread: culturally, Winter starts in November in East Asian countries (due to the influence of the Chinese solar term calendar).

already gone over extensively in this thread: culturally, Winter starts in November in East Asian countries (due to the influence of the Chinese solar term calendar).
Oh, I see. So is the consensus that it's believable, or was it debunked for a different reason? I kinda liked some things from this alleged leak.

Last edited:
I wanna know what's up with the sudden Kalos desire. Is it because people really want badly or is it because people do believe it can be connected to it story wise?
Most likely the former, I have moved on since I beat Sun and Moon. But there are those who still want Kalos to be revisited. However, I don't think it will be revisited before a remake purely for the fact that Game Freak loves making remakes.

I guess in my case, I was not disappointed at all since I don't care about graphics that much, and so far we don't know much about anything else. We don't know the professor, the rival(s), the lore of the region, etc. which I find more important than graphics.
I agree 100% with you. Graphics are also not important to me as well. I only really care about the story of the game. The graphics at least are not glaringly bad.

I wanna know what's up with the sudden Kalos desire. Is it because people really want badly or is it because people do believe it can be connected to it story wise?
Mostly because some people think that the story is "unfinished" due to there being no expansion game for Kalos and that the region is based on the UK, which is very closely connected to France.

France and England are very close to each other irl and have a deeply intertwined history with each other. If there ever were to be callbacks to Kalos, Sword/Shield is definitely the time to do it as it would make sense

I don’t even know that I care what region it is, I just really would love to have a second region to explore. We (subjectively I guess) haven’t had an extensive postgame since BW2 now. I don’t think we’ve had a new region introduced that is so geographically close to another in a very long time, so now just seems like an appropriate time to do it. And, yes, there’s also the fact that Kalos is pretty underdeveloped comparatively so it would be great to see it given new relevance.

France and England are very close to each other irl and have a deeply intertwined history with each other. If there ever were to be callbacks to Kalos, Sword/Shield is definitely the time to do it as it would make sense
i mean.......Unova and Alola never materialized and Hoenn put in callbacks to Kalos for.......whatever reason.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svfdzdW5XJw

Perhaps the Pokemon Movie about Zoroark has a clue to what the gimmick to Gen 8 will be. It's a sport called Baccer, and even though it's Gen 4 before Gen 5 came out, and Crown City in the film is inspired by The Netherlands, it does seem as if GF is recycling the formula for the new games that are being set in the UK.

I know linking Chan is not allowed, but anon posted a video clip of this guy titled simply Bug/Dragon.. looks legit in the clip. Backdrop is the cave showed in trailer...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190308-115149_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190308-115149_Chrome.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom