• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Rainbow Rocket Mafia - Endgame - Rainbow Rocket has reached Orbit! - Town and Independent Victory!

This isn't Chaos Mafia. In five years of playing Mafia I have never seen a Mafia Double Voter.

Being isolated to Bulbamafia has done you no favors here then. It's an incredibly imbalanced power for scum to have in a traditional sense, but occassionally, a strong town can have a strong mafia, and an even stronger ITP (Third party) that contains something akin to a vote manipulator. It's a doozy that I see more often on weak scumteams with regards to night actions, that supplement raw action power with passive daytime strength (Lynch controller [redirects a Lynch from X to Y, if X were to be lynched], 1x Lynchproof and temporary Mayor/Double-Voter for instance).

Continuing read, but wanted to react to this first, because it's something people should keep in the back of their heads. I'd give it a 10% chance at being scum, but this is Bulba, and I've been reamed by roles in Bulbagames hard enough to warrant a 10% as a fair thing to look out for.

This vote I could also see it coming from scum. Whenever you see a person who does something suspicious and then you see someone else town read the player don't you find it odd?
Not gonna lie; I don't really understand Flop's vote but I also don't really understand this?

HI CAPS!!! THAT DOESN'T CLEAR YOU AND THINKING IT DOES MAKES YOU A SCUMMY MCSCUM PANTS!!!
This puts a bad taste in my mouth because I'm having flashbacks to that first game that Elieson was scum here in TWR where he kept saying that same phrase.

On the doublevoter subject, I will concede that no, it does not confirm me as town.

Scum Double Voter is pretty rare, Caps is pretty townie to me lol
Is this an appeal to the judge? Or in this case, the executioner?

1. It looks like you're saying here I tried to make it look like I said Space is mafia because of Fatima which doesn't make sense because I asked HD how does it make me look bad if Fatima flips scum and I interpreted this as if HD thought me and Fatima were a team and I wanted to know why.
Can I ask you something Jinjo; are you confused about why you are being linked with the Fatima slot? Or do you at least understand where the connection between can be made?

insert reads here
Hm, no scum reads: if you had to pick any 3 players to be scum, who would they be and why?

wasn't his message just kinda "vibes" but with more words lol
I don't believe so; it reads more that he was trying to get into the mindset of what Mafia would do in that scenario. "Vibes" is just like "something's off with them but I'm not sure."

I know it's not much, but coming from Max I personally will weigh it more heavily.

I like how caps literally pointed that previously and literally noone noticed it
but hey you paying attention, gj uwu
To be fair, it immediately got buried under a landslide of walls.

Generally not hating what ExLight has done so far but that's not saying much given the shit that was left behind for them.

And explain what TMI IS!!!
Let me try and mansplain:

TMI = too much information, we got that part. The way I'm interpreting it is like an unintentional scumslip where a player implies certain things about a player's alignment in a way that makes it seem like they have extra information than the rest of the town, either through their wording, their reads, or their actions like voting and interactions with players. Who in the game has extra information? Scum and PRs, but only scum on D1. So it can be a useful lens to try and catch scum D1.

Unexpectedly I had to go to my aunt's home and now I'm back. I'll try to read these 15 pages by dumping my online classes. Sorry for leaving without any words and I'll try to adopt into the situation.
4. @dawn dusk : Null. Come out and play please. I promise I won't bite too much. :3
So, you'll bite, though not too much.

At first I'll get some refreshment and then I'll look here.

Gonna give some quick reads, sucks that forum search is currently disabled because it makes it tough to do ISOs. So we're gonna go off the top of my head.

1. Max1996 - I think his responses to ME were towny. As i've said previously I feel like he's playing a bit differently this game but not in a scummy way. Would like to see more thoughts, reactions, and reads from him going forward. Basically: would not want to yeet this slot today, but would like to see more actual content.

2. DawningWinds - Started out quite aggressive against me but then backed off throughout the middle of the first day. Was this because he thought he could get a quick wagon rolling with the support of ME and others, then backtracked when he saw the double voter claim? Unsure for now. Not enough content on this slot to give a full read.

3. Jinjo - Gun to my head I'd say that their reactions to Mido's pressure aren't malicious in intent, but wouldn't mind seeing this slot yeeted on the basis of gathering more info about some of the posters who may vote for them towards EoD. It's tough to follow the logic around some of their conclusions, but I'm unsure if that's just poor/confused town play.

4. dawn dusk - Who?

5. HumanDawn - HD has done...surprisingly nothing, except call me town early, vote for Fatima, post some barebones content, and be generally inactive. Having seen him as scum a couple of times recently, most recently in the championships, I do see some similar behaviors which makes me extremely, extremely cautious. With the extension though it's still less than halfway through D1, and his prime response time is coming up in the early AM so hopefully we can get some more content and thoughts before deciding what to do here. Wouldn't be a bad elim D2 in my opinion.

6. Space - Reactions to ME felt genuine, I don't think ME and Space can be scum partners at the very least. Has an awful lot of pressure from some decently active players; could there be a scum in their wagon rn maybe? Again, this elim would give a lot of info. I think I need to go back and reread some of the things that people have said about this slot and their reasons for voting them.

7. TheCapsFan - I definitely have quantity over quality going for me right now, but i don't think I've played too poorly yet; it's too close to call rn though. I think the timing of the doublevoter claim was good on my part. The claim doesn't clear me, Mido and Elieson are factually right and I think that mindset is good to have (so +1 to mido and elie i guess). I would safely say it takes me out of PoE for the time being through and I feel like most would agree with that.

8. ExLight - As I've said I'm doing my best to ignore the previous slot but it's pretty hard to do so. Can't tell if the more emotional reactions to their situation are genuine and my mind is clouded or if they are actually still scum.

9. Tood - Need need need more from them because IMO what they have so far isn't great and if i remember correctly, this slot is often quieter as mafia. Towards the end of the day this might be a viable elim for me depending on what they've done up til then.

10. Midorikawa - I can't remember their intro post, but I think there's a good balance here between seriousness and having fun. I like the way they are aggressive with my doublevoter claim in that it doesn't clear me, that aligns with the way I think which makes me feel a bit better about them. I'll be honest and echo ExLight here, I feel like they argue with Jinjo every game they're both in and I just can never follow their logic.

11. Elieson - Need more from them for an adequate read. It's been a long, long time since I've played with them and I'm remembering based off the tone of their posts that it will be tough to catch them if they're mafia. Provided a substantial amount of gamesolving-like thought nearly immediately among entry which gave good vibes but I want to stay incredibly paranoid about this slot going forward.

12. Maniacal Engineer - What to say about ME? I don't like that he wasn't willing to take a hard scum stance on any of the players in the game in his readlist, that to me doesn't seem like gamesolving. It doesn't matter if everyone seems towny, the fact is that there are some number of hostile players in this game regardless of that. I would not lynch ME today, kind of want to wait to see how things shake out vote-wise with this slot.

13. Doctor Floptopus - Has seemed noncommittal but chocks that up to quick replies, which I have no problem with. Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but like Tood, might turn a closer eye here towards the end of the phase.

tl;dr (but please read the list, it took a while): as it stands I think one of Jinjo, Space, and ExLight likely dies today. I would still prefer the latter's slot just be out of the game to ease my mind and get me out of this fucking tunnel, but gun to my head between Jinjo and Space to change my vote I think I pick Jinjo at the moment because eliminating them will tell

In terms of everyone else I would like to see more content from Tood, Flop, and HumanDawn, as those are three slots that could swing either way for me based off their actions for the next ingame phase.

Anyone not mentioned in the tl;dr I would rather not lynch today for a myriad of reasons, I'm tired leave me alone ask me more questions if you want and I'll answer them later

We really need to get the search function back online, it's fucking with my game, it's tough to remember every little interaction between players. I know I'd have more especially on Space and Jinjo if I had the tools and the motivation to go a bit deeper.

In terms of everyone else I would like to see more content from Tood, Flop, and HumanDawn, as those are three slots that could swing either way for me based off their actions for the next ingame phase.
Update: I would add DawningWinds to this list, they were early in my reads list and I forgot about them near then end when I was writing up this part.

Can I ask you something Jinjo; are you confused about why you are being linked with the Fatima slot? Or do you at least understand where the connection between can be made?
Yes, I was confused earlier and then afterwards I saw you say why I was being linked with Fatima.
Gonna give some quick reads, sucks that forum search is currently disabled because it makes it tough to do ISOs. So we're gonna go off the top of my head.

tl;dr (but please read the list, it took a while): as it stands I think one of Jinjo, Space, and ExLight likely dies today. I would still prefer the latter's slot just be out of the game to ease my mind and get me out of this fucking tunnel, but gun to my head between Jinjo and Space to change my vote I think I pick Jinjo at the moment because eliminating them will tell
If I am in danger on getting lynched I could just claim. I would rather prefer to get the votes off me without having to claim like what I have done before a couple of times. I can claim later when it's close to end of day or do you not like a deadline scramble?

My thoughts, up to the completion of Page 10. I'm now reading and reacting to Pages 11-14/15, because sifting through the Caps/ME dialogue left me thinking that "man, I read through this shit twice and got almost nothing of value out of it. This game needs to be OC. Man, I could go for a donut."

you're looking too much into it - like Space said it wasn't really a serious claim

Everyone says what they choose to say for a reason. What benefit is there for Space to say that as town? As mafia (or non-town)?

Aggressive midori and ME are usually town midori and ME but that's not a full read either.

I don't really know what to make of Space? I understand why people are voting her - she got very defensive over one vote in day 1 - but idk, I don't particularly feel like putting a 3rd vote on her right now either.

Midori "townreading" space is pretty in-character for her too, and I can agree with the reluctance to kill one of the more active players D1.

Tood needs to commit to an opinion.

Vote: Tood
A second vote never hurt anyone.

Thanks for borrowing my case to vote for Tood. When you're done with it, I expect the case returned back in pristine condition.

Also, are you town-reading Midorikawa twice?

That said, I'm kind of bothered that you think 3 votes on somebody is too much to drop. Even if there is a concievable multivoter on anybody at one time (you can tell I read ahead to the CapsClaim), in a game with 13 people, that's potentially 4/7 towards the requirement, which is not a risky position to be in during D1, when nobody, not even scum, want to show association by buddying up for a surprise turbolynch.
-If it's because you don't want to really vote for Space, then this genuinely concerns me because you took the time out of your day to post about how you don't have a read on Space, but would potentially be willing to vote for Space at a more opportune time.
If it's because you do want to vote for Space as in you find them scummy, but don't want to use any of the current reasoning out on the board to back up your reasoning, then why are you continuing to draw attention to what's been said a zillion times by this point in the game? All you're doing is slinging mud letting it pass. This is very unusual behavior.

There's not much for me to go on at the moment.

3-ish pages of stuff including at least 1.5 pages of actual deliberation and accusation, and CapsBarf's activity spewed all over the game cleverly disguised as contribution, gives you nothing to go on at the moment? If this wasn't the most Max1996 thing of the 21st century, I'd have requested that a Day-vig just bop you right now. That said, you are Max1996, so I'm left here looking forward to the great Max1996 Opinion of the 21st century.

I am a self aligned ascetic bulletproof cult leader who can, once during the game, chose to strongman kill someone rather than converting, and I have two uses of a lynch redirect ability.
I'm actually just kidding. :p

Gotta agree, Caps hasn't made a whole lot of contributional posts really, just a bunch of pointless fluff mostly. I know he's said his playstyle's changed some, but I'd definitely expect a bit more from him normally.

Do agree Tood's entrance was kinda meh, but honestly probably more on-brand for a town Tood than a scum Tood... Usually I wouldn't really expect any real nonfluff off the bat from Tood as scum. Quite a bit of the small amount she said was pretty sheepy but that's pretty normal. Do want to hear more from her but I don't think with her meta (that you're probably not familiar with I guess) taken into consideration, it's not really weird for her as town.

Also a bit off-topic (and will probably make me look stupid when I get an answer) but what's this Chart you mention?

What gives you the sense of tmi in that post?

I don't think HD's scum-likelihood is really just cause he doesn't show any sign of an ulterior motive to make Caps in particular look town? His initial Caps read was probably made without a whole lot of thought or effort, especially given he immediately seemed to change his mind when the post's lack of any AI content was pointed out, and his latest posts are fluff and brushing off ME's suspicions on Space with "he's looking too much into it", when it's one of only a few cases out there, calling out and voting a player he knows bandwagons all the time for not giving reasoning, when plenty of reasoning for why Space is scummy has been provided (the player he voted here, is, notably same player that Space voted). He's null at best, I'd honestly probably give him a bit of a scumlean. I'd say a Space/HD scumteam is decently plausible.

Do also agree Space is scummy. Her "defense" where she said that ME was "automatically reading her posts in a sinister manner" feels like an attempt to brush off valid concerns that he'd brought to the table, and her vote on Max, which she claimed was simply posing a question, was literally not framed as a question at all, and the way it was worded (and the fact that it was indeed a serious vote) really does imply genuine suspicion, rather than that it's a placeholder as she's since said it is.

Unvote: TheCapsFan
Vote: Space[/s]

You're a gem.

As I said Pre-game, I don't (think I) know either you or Tood, so if you have any meta reads to share on Tood, it's definitely worth putting it out there. Voting somebody for meta alone isn't a good thing, but meta exists for a reason, and it someone's doing legitimately scummy stuff that they have a track record of doing, it's exactly the kind of profiling that I'm ok to know. I don't have time to read through dozens of old games searching for meta bits and pieces, so each little bit that's out in the open matters, because it generates more discussion and lets people have more of a reason to analyze somebody's text choice.

The chart is inside of the Spoiler. Because I'm responding page by page, I don't know if you've seen it yet

Space/HD scumteam eh? I'd like to see how your thought process evolves regarding that as the game progresses. It's something I hadn't really considered, but is interesting to see pointed out. Elaborate on your associative read there when convenient.

Noted that you're Mafia, but it's not a fair game to lynch you like that and end this game sooner, so it's only fair to leave you around for a little bit.

Tood has a lame entrance compared to most players, but I can see that coming from them personally in how they tackle the game, and not necessarily the alignment.

I'm good with Space. I think she was being unfairly judged so it makes sense for her to react that the perception on her has been excessively sinister for not bad things.

I agree we need more from TheHatsFan and that it's pretty lackluster read-wise.

With Max I gave him the large benefit of the doubt in Holiday Mafia and it just kept screwing me over in that game, so I'm okay not doing that anymore in this game.

The Town read on me feels weak sauce - I have a reason in my head why it is a Town read but I'd like to hear a more detailed explanation first. Feels like it should be more of a null read.

Jinjo is your 2nd Top Town read for calling out Space? I don't think there is anything special in how she did it.

Wait, I'm guessing ME is neutral for purple or...?

Jinjo's just a 2nd Townread. Not really a "top" townread.

ME is ME. I just wanted a unique color for him because that doofus dragged me into this game so I'm going to make him pay some how. He gets to be Purple.

I'm townreading you enough because Caps, the point of contention up until this point, is looking incredibly meh (read as, he's posting so much but he's not contributing much), and the shots you're firing at him don't appear to be phrased in such a way that they're meant to lead him to appearing more townie via his responses to staged questioning. I would have to say that if anything, I don't see you AND caps as being scum, and I see caps as far more likely to be scum than you. If anything, one could argue that me calling him out for posting more fluff than a wooloo has would be setting him up, as scum, to snap his behavior into shape. What benefit would a public discussion of yours and caps have as scum. It's largely been one that if you two were both scum, you could just have it in scumchat, because it's been so pointless in the overall process of hunting for scum that I just can't see it as scum behavior from you in particular.

-Page 7

1. It doesn't seem that scummy, the more I actually thought about my initial reasons.
2. I thought it seemed a bit odd for Mafia to clarify that sort of thing.

I was just about to respond, but ME jumped on it so I don't have to, with his #1 here.

1. Your initial reasons were my reasons. What, specifically, makes those reasons less valid?
What has Space done, or what has other players pointed out that makes those reasons no longer valid?

Simply the fact that, at this point, no players have died yet, Town or Mafia, which doesn't say anything good about the odds of a D1 Mafia lynch.

Mind you, I'll still keep my initial reason in mind for later, but right now, it's a bit risky...which doesn't make much sense either, now that I think about it. :confused:

I read your reply to that, and don't dig it even with a shovel in hand. You were lazily scumreading somebody based on someone else's case, then just handwaved it with a "eh it wasn't actually that good of a case", when you never really even said what about ME's stance was appealing in the first place. You're thought process here could be compared to that of a novel, in which only the inside-cover description is read, and then after making it halfway through the book, said out loud "Oh, I don't like this actually". Context is completely absent for anyone from the outside to interpret. If you're town, how can other town look at what you're saying, follow it, and make sense of it, nonetheless agree or disagree with it?

That said, you finally stuck a vote on Space and I'm glad to see it. I actually feel like Scum!Max would've desperately attempted to put some other case together, in an effort to not vote for a scumbuddy. I'm actually townreading you now, but man it was a battle getting there.

Just so you know if you're a third party and you reveal I'm voting on sight. Had enough poor experiences with fakeclaims to not want to deal with that crap.

Shit, man, how can I disagree with statistics?

[VOTE]: Elieson

I don't...hate these reads? I've talked about Space already and why they're a bit weird. Tood entrance reads NAI-to-scum on the basis of meta, though I agree with the sentiment that it'd be nice if they committed to something.

@Rainbow Cloud @ReturnofMCH Can someone post votals pwease uwu

I am most definitely not claiming to be a third party. Cop can check me. I'll show up as scum (specifically, Mafia). I'm just making their job easy and sharing the results before they actually do it, so they can go scan somebody else and get a result from one of the other wimps in this game that don't feel like claiming what a cop would find out with an overnight investigation.

I know it's been like a decade since you posted this, but why don't you have a read on Tood at this point? If you're reading them as NAI-Scum, then that means, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being scum, you see them as at worst, being scum, and at best, just barely qualifying as not worth voting.

I’m sorry I’m not being amusing enough for you. :(
That said, as HD asked, why am I purple? Do I still count as a Town read, or do you think I’m neutral or ITP?

You're the master of banter, and I'm now getting my kick out of things. I just want more Futurama!Professor pictures. Life feels empty without them.

As said above, it's because I had a unique color for you. TBH it's a hard-neutral read on you. I can't comfortably assign you anywhere, whereas some others I completely lack a read on. I like to call it a Forced-Null read, rather than a Null read or a NAI read as what seems to be the hip thing to say these days.

Why haven't you voted Fatima yet? Are you their scumbuddy?
into
{No response to Cap's question in this reply}
was a great story to read! These situations are what I live for!

Pro-tip. Don’t take the claim seriously when someone claims to be scum.
This isn’t to say that the player isn’t scum, but a lot of people do silly things like that even when they’re not scum. As noted above, I find it actually very bizarre that this is the driving force behind Caps voting and sticking to his vote.

On the other side of this coin, take my Pro-tip instead (ME called me more of a Pro than himself, remember). If somebody claims scum, find out why. If there's no discernable reason, then push it until one comes up. If that reason doesn't appear logical, then you're either found an idiot or found actual scum. They were serious about posting their claim the moment that they clicked the "Post Reply" button, after all.

The last game I played with Fatima, they claimed Mafia when they were Mafia and I believe they also outed scum members in the process. That's gamethrowing. I had a friend from offsite playing in that game and it really put a poor taste in their mouth. I'll let the MoD do their job if necessary, but for now I'm not taking any chances, no.

Could also be a massive bluff, or a gambit. You've played with me long enough to know that I'm crazy enough to do something that brazen... Just throwing it out there; if you're here to have fun, we are too :D

Absolutely not. Just because Elieson claimed scum doesn't mean that I would actually want to elim him today.

D'aww, thankyou fam. Giving me more time to hunt for ITPs is a gift that I very much appreciate.

Unexpectedly I had to go to my aunt's home and now I'm back. I'll try to read these 15 pages by dumping my online classes. Sorry for leaving without any words and I'll try to adopt into the situation.

So, you'll bite, though not too much.

At first I'll get some refreshment and then I'll look here.
Oops i forgot you were a player here

Pages 14 and 15 can wait. There's a lot there to unpack, and I need a fresh mind to handle all of that.

defensive? everyone keeps calling it defensive when I'm literally just explaining myself. if someone calls my reasoning flimsy or keeps calling anything I say suspicious, I'm going to say what I can back.

idek why I keep responding about it if I'm just being called defensive

you're going the easy route by saying I'm being defensive like the majority of other players, reading into Midorikawa's post weirdly by thinking it's tmi? no one can see me even slightly as town without being scum buddies I guess? If you're thinking I'm scum so much, why not vote me?

Unvote: Max1996

Vote: Jinjo

Being defensive only happens when you've done something that you feel the need to defend. I do like the sudden turn of this from a defends into an attack on Jinjo; it feels a bit easy, but that's because upon reading, I see where it came from, and I'm sort of disappointed in myself for not catching it during my own catch-up enough to comment on it in my previous whopper of a post. Jinjo vote feels justified enough to work.

mmm, neato

My first impression is that this seems a more like something an indep-hunting independent would have.

I can't imagine why scum would have an ability specifically made to target third parties, unless it was something like target indep = indep recruited to mafia, depending on who the indeps turn out to be. I'm concerned about the very slim possibility that this is the case, but it's probably just paranoia on my part.

I didn't have much of an opinion on HD at the start, just that I've seen him do the "ok X is town" thing before, and figured he was doing it again. In general I also tend to read lack of capitalization + as indicative of sarcasm/non-seriousness, so that's more of my own fault, if anything. See, I can't even tell if your scum claim is a joke or not because of how the letters get all big at the start of sentences and how there are periods at the ends of them.

But at the moment HD leans town for me, because asking Fatima if they're Town or Mafia seems like a really ballsy thing to do if he's scum.

Kinda want to vote Fatima on the off-chance that they really did reveal themselves as Mafia right away. I don't think that their scum meta is anything I'd want to deal with a second time.

Vote: Fatima Shadow Frost Witch
[sheep noises in the distance]

Something about calling out HD's initial vote specifically and how he'd apparently "figured out" Fatima's "alliance" through the placeholder reeeeally makes me worried about this game

Fortunately, you're both right and wrong on the assumption of me and my role abilities. Unfortunately, I have no obvious public claims to work with yet. I do hope that I can get one before phase end, so I don't have to turn my night actions into a guessing game. Remember, I look and act like a mafiaduck, so I must be a mafiaduck. I want to get some work done before I get lynched tomorrow or whatever ends up happening to me inevitably.

##Unvote (Tood)

I dislike how you're handwaving HD at the beginning of the game. I'd say that you very likely knew that you wouldn't be back to posting for quite some time, and you also seem intelligent enough to know how to throw out a vote in order to apply pressure beyond what a sentence would do on its own. Feels like a tiny bit of a back-pedal. That's fine that you're sharing a townread on HD, but I'd like to strongly disagree with your reasoning. I don't understand how scum asking fellow scum if they're scum, publically, does scum a favor in appearing more townie, even through reverse psychology. At best, all we could gather is that somebody asked somebody else if they're mafia-aligned; their response is under pretty much any circumstance, not going to be trusted, to the point that even following a potentially scum HD flip, it's just as easy to argue an "I was just going along with the obvious as day joke of the moment" as it would be "yea I was being honest and claiming mafia, what of it?". There's so little stock to be gained, that for scum to do it, it would inherently appear questionable at best (Why would scum even do that), and for town to do that, comes across as a general feeling of an inquisitive nature that feels like "I'm going to take a long shot here and see if it lands.".

That said...It's a decent enough follow-up post. There's a lot more of the game to comment on, but I feel like given how you've posted, that you would've tried to comment on a lot more and appear to "blend in" harder than this post implies that you're doing. I don't like how you're treating HD here, but I don't think it's scummy.

Max's conversation with you I could see it go both ways. He can be a really hard person to read.

You misrepped me because I didn't call you out on your defensiveness and it was your vote on Max that made you look suspicious. On your second sentence the way how I am interpreting it looks like you said I called you and Mido scum buddies when I originally said it looked like Mido could be scum who tmiid you as town. Your votes really have been flimsy so far. Do you really expect me to vote right away earlier when I wanted to look at different avenues first?

Vote: Space

Honestly, I prepared to respond to this, but I can't remember what I was going to say. I feel like when I hit +Quote, I agreed with it. Feel like it constitutes a re-read though...so if anything, assume that this is a note for myself.

I do not like the Fatima wagon.

Idk, I've never played with them before, but voting them on a mafia claim based on meta from one game doesn't sit right with me. I want to see their response before I call scum on caps for pushing it so hard, but I really don't like it.

Inch resting.

I assume the above is what you're referencing? Double voter ain't a guaranteed town role. It's useful information to have, but I'd hardly call it town confirmation.

ME's ego and Max's refusal to fully commit to an opinion are both NAI. I'm liking ME right now but idk if that's just because I agree with his opinion on the Fatima wagon.

Tood's second post looks a lot better to me. I'm confused about the last paragraph and what they mean so I'm going to reread that later. For now, I'm just gonna

unvote: Tood

I promise to vote again later but I gotta go out now

Do you feel that the Fatima wagon is too easy? I'm half-tempted to hop on it...depending on just how much of a phase extension we get. I'm not seeing enough out of them to get a townread from.

I'm with you on Tood; they're growing on me.

Max isn't seeming town or mafia to me at the moment and my attention lies elsewhere now hence the vote on Jinjo.

idk why quotes always mess up for me but anyway, TheCapsFan has been solid to me thus far--he's said more since you've posted that is more substantial, but even before then, his posts haven't been pointless. also, his first post itself was unnecessary and I don't think mafia would do that right off the bat and bring attention to themselves.

that's it? because he didn't seem to have a reason behind his statement, he seems town?

for the record I'm not disagreeing that Human is town (he's got me leaning towards as much as well) but this is weird reasoning

please explain what was strikingly good

Caps is just bringing up the facts with it though, and this is a tricky situation because it could go multiple ways. I don't think he should be thought of as town or scumbuddy solely due to bringing this up.

yeah... this is what makes it difficult because while I am hesitant to use meta and don't like to do so (though I am certainly guilty of it) Fatima has done this at least twice that I can remember and as you brought up, most recently in Fire Emblem mafia.

You were specifically stating I'm being suspicious and that my reasoning was flimsy, which means you think I'm scummy or scum. thinking Midorikawa is scum as well is what makes me think you're calling us scum buddies?

I really don't understand what he's thinking, but like TheCapsFan has said, Fatima has a history of doing this before--outing himself as mafia, so his weird way of going about it right now might really be him admitting he's scum. But on the other hand, he has been mislynched due to odd, cryptic behavior. I want to see what he has to say

Not really. Votes=Better Pressure. That's why D1 has the most flip flop of votes.

Why the rush to unvote? Have you given her a better option? It is bad to keep a non-serious vote when you say you agree with a serious one. Also the moment she unvotes due to people pressuring her, she'll be seen as scummy.

Too much information? Idk how. TMI would be something like "my dog busts down the bathroom door if I don't leave it open" That's TMI, not my thoughts on the thread.

I don't scumread her, so if you want to call that townreading her then go wild. But how the heck is that NAI? Reads are never NAI.

First Caps is getting flirty with me and now you looking at me over your girl. I'm honored.

Yes. I like this policy.

No she read me as reading Space as town. I'm mafia.

"Voting that X is scummy." "Fine I'll unvote them." "You unvoted them only after being pressured. You're scummy!"
That's what happens like 90% of the time, so why should she waste the effort when she has yet to find a new target?

Since when am I not aggressive as Mafia?

Why?

AlienatedKeenGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

..................................................................................................................................................SPEAK BOY!!!!!

And Jinjo thinks I'm TMI. Though we all probably do this.

Fatima has done it outside of that game too.

walks in like a duck QUACK! Am I a duck now?

Why does this sound tentative? Have you no conviction?

To answer your question: Not that I can think of.

1) Who the heck wouldn't do this? 2) I honestly think lynching Fatima is the most NAI thing possible.

TMI Caps. TMI.

How?

You're right. I am currently at work. Though by the time I post this post I'll probably be at home.

coughmidocough

.....There was no gamesolving in what you quoted.

How dare you! But yes I do occasionally.

Please for everyone's sake then, don't stroke each other's egos.

.....how do you "too much information" on someone. Also to answer that latter half it is quite simple. The vote wasn't suspicious to me.

Only me, Human, and ExLight can pull off a massive hate fight in thread and get away with it.

THEN STOP POSTING!!!! I forgot to check to see if the player list meant I could sleep. Apparently it means I cannot.

I'm a jester. Now to catch up on more thread yay -_-

Seriously stop posting people. LEt me catch up. Then I'll give more thoughts. Also I thought I quoted more...oh well.

This vote I could also see it coming from scum. Whenever you see a person who does something suspicious and then you see someone else town read the player don't you find it odd?

Flop is also not even engaging with anyone which is not a good look for them.

Literally passed out at my desk. 2:45 am and I'm due to wake up in about 2.5 hours for a 2.5 hour drive. I'll be back, you can bet your big toe on it. For now, no vote though. I'm in the middle of too many reads to commit.

Right. Anyway, it's been a while since I've played with most of you, even longer since I've been able to devote significant energy to a game, and since I feel like it, I'll give a little update as to what I've been doing in the realm of Mafia lately.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm nowhere near as good as my younger self, mostly due to a lack of focus, time, and energy to dedicate to the game. That being said, I do plan to step up my efforts this game and hope to have a fun time playing with y'all.

I play most of my mafia on Discord nowadays, where the phases are 24/24, the players are worse, the speed is high, and the thought is minimal in most instances. My play has become scrappier, I try to respond in multiple posts rather than wallposts, and I don't like to take anyone's shit.

My mindset while playing has also evolved from a democratic "innocent until proven guilty" to the exact opposite, a "everyone could be scum until they prove they aren't" kind of vibe. As such I try to make my readlists are more focused on who I would like to see elim'd and why rather than a strict alignment, and I like to put much more emphasis on scummy behavior when reading people ahead of claims, even in open setups.

When reading the game I try to pay closer attention to the things people say and if it might come from a scum alignment. This has gotten me lynched on D1 or D2 in numerous occasions in several recent games here on BMG, despite being right about the scumreads in some instances.

That's all I really have to say on th

ok thecapsfan is town

Already getting Town vibes from Caps' post.

How could you get town vibes from their post where they explain how they have evolved with the time.

Disagree with this.
Caps' post is just a summary of what his play's been like since he when he was last actively playing with other people and most of the information in it probably won't do a whole for helping us read him, except that we probably won't lynch him because his play doesn't line up exactly with his previous meta on Bulbagarden, which is beneficial to him regardless of his alignment (barring Jester). It's not likely to really spark any debate or discussion of other players either.
It's pretty NAI if you consider it.
I have typed the above thing before reading your post though I am very much lazy to type I should develop this habit, with this I won't erase my thoughts and I'll try to open up by responding to older Posts though they seem to be ridiculous. Idk whether I can handle this overdue.
:eek:

Said earlier that I doubt Mafia would actually clarify that sort of thing. Later posts made Caps look more Town-y.
Yes, At the very next page Caps had a small valid point and now I'm at page 5. I'll go on giving my thoughts to each page as early as possible if my mother doesn't interrupt. Aaand for the very moment I haven't finalized my thoughts so don't worry.

btw @TheCapsFan scum me doesn’t do things to potentially clear townies early like with fatima - if we were scum buddies that means risking him outing me as mafia like with jdthebud in the FE Mafia

I was actually kind of regretting doing it because it feels so… skeevy to do to try to win the game, and there’s something with Exlight I can do too but like, ehhh is it really fair?

Day 1 Phase Extension!
I am still ok with a Max1996 lynch. Jinjo I am a bit parnoid of but her posts aren’t that scummy to me. Elieson is a strong player I see resolving himself as time goes on. Space I don’t see an issue with still.

Back
Top Bottom