• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever caught a legendary with one pokeball?

I caught molters in fire red in a pokeball with just one pokeball, by accident too I meant to through an ultra ball.

Rayquaza in one of the 3rd gen games, i think it was in my ruby. it was taken down to red health and i was just lobbing random pokeballs.

my sister threw a Premierball (i said to do this)for fun on Zapdos(on XD)and it was caught

Me: Let's use this premierball :D
My sister: this won't even work ¬¬
Game: Zapdos was caught!
We: Fuck yeah!

Yep. Registeel. I enter battle, Earthquake it, and toss a DIVE BALL at it. It goes.

9 years old ghaskan is playing Sapphire.
ghaskan, after days of trying, reaches the top of Sky Pillar and saves before triggering the battle against the Pillar's master, Rayquaza.
Her mother yells: "Come on, it's dinner time!"
"Coming, mom!", ghaskan replies.
She takes a deep breath and decides, Screw it, I'll try to a ball for the sake of it.
ghaskan, now immersed in an epic battle against Rayquaza, with her loyal Swampert by her side, throws a... Timer Ball?!
The Timer Ball wobbles...and wobbles...and wobbles... and then...

CLICK! Rayquaza was caught!

Her jaw drops as she saves the game and then she turns the blue Game Boy Advance off with an expression of awe.

Dialga is super easy to catch, it's kind of ridiculous. I think it has the same catch rate as a chatot or something? Anyway I caught it with a quick ball.

Spent fifteen minutes trying to catch Mewtwo, and wasted about twenty Dusk Balls on it (it was paralyzed and at extremely low health) before finally catching it, and went to go check his stats. He was modest, but his IV's were shit. Awesome. Reset and caught him with one Dusk Ball (paralyzed, low health, confused). His IV's were still shit. -.-

Then I wasted another twenty minutes and about thirty dusk balls catching him a third time. Modest with awesome IV's. *o*

I distinctly remember catching Entei in my old Silver game with just one Poké Ball.

Also, I just started playing HeartGold again this week, and it's not really a legendary, but I caught the red Gyarados with one Great Ball, and it still had a decent chunk of HP left. I was stunned.

Well, this actually happened to me recently where I caught Zekrom with Dusk Ball I was like 'wut? did that just really happen?' however, I won the next battle but lost pathetically after... (shouldn't have changed my team back then...)

Others than that I can't remember.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom