• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon 'ruined' by evolution.

You all are missing the obvious one to be hating, Pikachu!

Really, Pichu is a fun loving adorable, playful little mouse. Then it evolves and its all downhill from there. From pichu we get the ugly, hideous, killing ground types with thundershocking, horrid pikachu. Oh that thing gives me the chills. Why oh why is it so iconic?!? Why!!

I'd like Pichu a WHOLE lot more if it actually learnt any decent moves.
Look at Elekids level up moves compared to Pichu. It makes me sad I just couldn't bring myself to put it in my "Ultimate Baby Pokemon Team" (don't ask, I'm bored with Gold)

Uhmm... back on topic. I really hate Togetic!! I know most people don't like Togekiss but Togetic is sooo ugly.

Aww. No bashing Quagsire they're adorable!

I agree that with the Scizor theory! If Scyther gets to evolve then so should Pinsir.

A lot of the third evolutions that require random items kind of annoy me. But I'm still getting used to newer pokemon.

Lickylicky, whoever Tangela evolves to, Rhyperior, and the Electabuzz and Magmar evolutions have terrible, terrible designs.

hmm... i agree except with Electrabuzz. Electravire looks like it could Tank Master Yi AND Cho'Gath.

And no Whaling on Weavile. That thing is the most extreme Dark/Ice type there is!

I like Electivire and Weavile, thanks very much. Gliscor kinda rubs me the wrong way, but I've grown to like it.

But since you have derailed my precious thread through the means of apophasis anyway, do feel free to state what makes you hate the over-armed duck and friends so much exactly. :p
Okay... let's see what I got here...

* Lickilicky - FAT Lickitung
* Magmortar - FAT Magmar
* Electivire - FAT Electabuzz
* Tangrowth - FAT Tangela
* Probopass - FAT Nosepass (and the creepiness that is the moustached female Probopass...)
* Gliscor - FAT Gligar
* Ambipom - FAT Aipom with another tail
* Honchkrow - FAT Murkrow (you see where I'm getting here?)
* Togekiss - WTF is this flying... thing? It's kinda fat as well.

I know it's not an evolution, but... Shaymin's Sky Forme!! WTF? It's a cute wittle hedgehog, but they just had to give it a butt-ugly forme, didn't they?!

-Licklicky is by far the stupidest evo out there. Lickitung isnt too bad now that its evolution makes me scream at night. How dull can someone's brain be to make something so atrocious?

-Magnezone....come on! It looks like a levitating waffle-maker.

-Electivire is bad ass. So for those who think it sucks: lets see a drawing of what you'd think Electabuzz's evo should've looked like, because I doubt it will be any better.

-Swellow....are u serious? Its just a plain ol' bird!

-Magmortar....creative name. And I like the cannon-like fist. But needs a bit of work to shape up to something without a belly and chicken legs.

Rhyperior

Seriously?

Teddiursa and Wooper, the two cutest pokemon ever. There evos are not as cute. Or even cool.
Urasaring is fuckin badass man. The only bear that exists and its not cool? Damn your cold. Anyway, for me it would be Kriketune going from a small little bug into Sweeny Todd.

Hmmm... I'd have to say I don't like how Remoraid becomes Octillery. I mean, a mysterious, ancient Pokemon becomes this brightly colored octopus. -_-

* Lickilicky - FAT Lickitung
* Magmortar - FAT Magmar
* Electivire - FAT Electabuzz
Dude, all those Pokemon were fat in the first place. Plus, I don't see why people are so shocked a fat pink lizard who constantly ate things with its tongue would become fat upon evolution.

* Gliscor - FAT Gligar
* Ambipom - FAT Aipom with another tail
How are they fat exactly? Gliscor's actually lighter than Gligar. :/

You all are missing the obvious one to be hating, Pikachu!

Really, Pichu is a fun loving adorable, playful little mouse. Then it evolves and its all downhill from there. From pichu we get the ugly, hideous, killing ground types with thundershocking, horrid pikachu. Oh that thing gives me the chills. Why oh why is it so iconic?!? Why!!

I mentioned it on the second page :bash:

Also why do people say that Magmar is ruined? It was ruined from the start, they fixed it gen2 whit Magby and fixed it for real in gen4.

-Electrode- but that has probably more to do with the blandness of the whole line

-Muk and Poliwrath- it's Grimer and Poliwhirl but slightly bigger...and pissed off!!! GASP!!!

-Dugtrio and Magneton- it's three Diglett/Magnemite that like to hang out! WOW!

-Charizard- Soooo effing boooring!!! Oh look! It's a generic European Dragon!!! It kinda sucks

-Swampert- I dunno, this one was mostly a case of bad first impression. I first saw it and thought it was a darker colored Mudkip, then I saw it's sprite and, well, it's kinda unflattering

-Garchomp- Gabite looks pretty damn sweet, Garchomp... does not

Also, Magnenzone, Lickilicky, Wevile, Magmortar, Rhyperior, Togekiss, Dudknoir, Froslass and Gallade...just no

-Lastly, that starting monkey. It's probably because that... thing is my least favorite Pokemon ever, but damn does it look stupid in it's first evolution. It's second evolution just looks like a joke. I simply cannot take it seriously

Also, Tangrowth is awesome.

Well, I was really disappointed when I decided to evolve my Murkrow. I didn't know what his evo would be and was expecting something awesome...meh, it wasn't in my opinion.

I also don't like Purugly, poor awesome Glameow evolves into....that. Do. not. want. Same with cute little Starley evolving into things like Staravia and, even worse, Staraptor.

Furthermore, Tangrowth and Ambipom just scare the hell out of me.

I don't get what's wrong with Leafeon and Mismagious though, but that's just me I guess:p

Mime jr. for me. That's the only pokemon I don't like. Just doesn't look right...

I don't like the Bulbasaur evolution he loses his cuteness after evolving into Venasaur...also same for Totodile after it evolves into Croconaw

Back
Top Bottom