• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that deserves a mega-evolution

I want Rapidash to grow wings, Fire/Fairy, Gale Wings ability with a few new Flying moves to abuse it with, make it white with a spiral horn and golden hooves and stats of
120(+20)
85(+15)
120(+40)
95(+15)
115(+10)
I would use the heck out of this, as I've wanted a winged unicorn style Pokemon for years. And Rapidash could seriously use the boost; I love its design but I have so much trouble using it.

Make it happen, Game Freak!

All the starters that don't have one yet (out of fairness). Also, the trump cards of champions and villainous team leaders. So Dragonite (for Lance), Volcarona (for Alder), Haxorus (for Iris), Rhyperior (for Giovanni), Weavile (for Cyrus) and Hydreigon (for Ghetsis).

All the starters that don't have one yet (out of fairness). Also, the trump cards of champions and villainous team leaders. So Dragonite (for Lance), Volcarona (for Alder), Haxorus (for Iris), Rhyperior (for Giovanni), Weavile (for Cyrus) and Hydreigon (for Ghetsis).

Lysandre should also ditch the Mega Gyarados for a Mega Pyroar. I want a real mane of fire so it and Lysandre can be twins.

Milotic, Krokoodile, Persian, Arbok, Pyroar, Farfetch, Shuckle, Heatmor, and all the starters.

Before I post my choices for Mega Evloution, I must say:

Mega Evolution is a welcome innovation, and I´m glad they invented it. However, we don´t want to get TOO ABSORBED by it.

I mean, I think it should be a restricted thing for only SOME pokemon, but I have the feeling Game Freak will end up creating a Mega evolution for every Pokemon evo-line!

And I don´t like that. For example, all those 600 Base Stat Pseudo Legendaries shouldn´t have gotten a Mega, cause they are too powerful anyway! Now they are clearly overpowered, but since most of my favourite Pokemon are Pseudo Legendaries, I´m not going to complain (Mega Metagross is Boss! :) ).

So I think, Dragonite and Kingdra can be great Megas. And from the weaker ones I would definetly like Swellow to follow the example of Pidgeot. It got a great looking Mega.

Last edited:
I mean, I think it should be a restricted thing for only SOME pokemon, but I have the feeling Game Freak will end up creating a Mega evolution for every Pokemon evo-line

They confirmed in an interview with Nintendo Dream recently that some Pokemon have been ruled out for receiving a Mega due to them seeing their designs as not being able to evolve further. Which ones exactly, well, we don't know and can only guess, but it seems they (currently) aren't going to/trying to give a Mega to every one and already know which ones are candidates in their mind. They could always change their mind down the line, I guess.

Last edited:
I mean, I think it should be a restricted thing for only SOME pokemon, but I have the feeling Game Freak will end up creating a Mega evolution for every Pokemon evo-line

They confirmed in an interview with Nintendo Dream recently that some Pokemon have been ruled out for receiving a Mega due them seeing their designs as not able to evolve further. Which ones exactly, well, we don't know and can only guess, but it seems they (currently) aren't going to/trying to give a Mega to every one and already know which ones are candidates in their mind. They could always change their mind down the line, I guess.

Oh, that is good news... Thanks for sharing!

Let's repost what I posted on 4chan.
706MS.png
Dragon/Water
Rain Dish
90 HP
110 Atk (+10)
130 Def (+60)
130 Sp. Atk (+20)
160 Sp. Def (+10)
80 Speed (0)
Give it Mega Punch, Surf and Waterfall

I've done a lot, so I'll put them in a spoiler to keep things nice!

(couldn't get image)
Mega Butterfree
Type: Bug/Psychic
60/60/80/100/120/100

97-male-frame1.png

Mega Hypno
Type: Psychic/Ghost
85/80/100/100/180/50

053.png

Mega Persian
Type: Dark/Psychic (I know it's a big change)
70/100/50/100/50/150

(couldn't get image)
Mega Luxray
Type: Dark/Electric
100/150/80/100/80/70

trevenant.png

Mega Trevenant
Type: Grass/Ghost
85/140/90/65/100/70

Mega Malamar
Mega Furfrou
Mega Wobuffet (Oh goodness)
Mega Raichu

Most of my favourite Pokemon already have recieved a Mega: Metagross, Salamence, Charizard (2),Gyarados, Gengar, Rayquaza, Scizor, Steelix... The only ones I can think of, that still haven´t recieved one are Swellow, Dragonite, Hydreigon and Kingdra.

For Swellow, I would suggest:

Gale Wings as the Ability (he deserves it, his wings are precious) and big boosts for both Speed and Attack. And small boosts for both defenses.

For Kingdra: Multi Scale as the Ability, big defense and Sp defense boosts and afait boost in Sp. Attack.

Last edited:
this will be fun

Blaziken (he's one of my favorite of the starter final evo...he would look so sick)

Beedrill and Butterfree they could make them pretty cool

and I was gonna say Scyther but since he has an evo I'll go with Kabuto (blade arms FTW)

Articuno and Suicune since their my favorite Legends

Misdreveous I think that's how u spell it

Greninja

Raichu

Any of the Eevee evos

Rapidash

I think I'm done for now lol

154MS.png
Meganium: Grass/Fairy with Flower Veil
80/117/115/118/115/80; +35 Atk, +15 Def, +35 Sp.Atk, +15 Sp.Def
Give it Play Rough and Dazzling Gleam.
i need this in my life immediately

I do want the Eeveelutions, Mightyena, Arcanine/Ninetales, Zoroark, Serperior/Emboar/Samurott, Delphox, Typhlosion, Galvantula, Gigalith, and Sawsbuck to get Mega Evolutions.

Blaziken (he's one of my favorite of the starter final evo...he would look so sick)

Beedrill
and Butterfree they could make them pretty cool

and I was gonna say Scyther but since he has an evo I'll go with Kabuto (blade arms FTW)

Articuno and Suicune since their my favorite Legends

Misdreveous I think that's how u spell it

Also, not trying to be rude, but have you even played X/Y and/or OR/AS?
And do you mean Mismagius? ( Also Kabutops*, not Kabuto, sorry. xD; )

Just go X last week and been playing thru it....if those stated above have them then I did not know of them

Was also nit aware that Misdrevas had an evolution....last version that I played was Crystal so I'm kinda getting back into it again

Here are some of my ideas:

The rest of the starters should get mega evolutions, just to be fair.

Mega Drapion: It could get more attack and speed, and maybe the ability tough claws because it's a scorpion.

Mega Spiritomb: I'm just afraid that if there is a mega Spiritomb, it might be too similar to mega Sableye. So maybe mega Spiritomb would become unbound from its keystone, and instead of gaining a lot of defense like mega Sableye did it could gain more offense?

Mega Lumineon: It could become water/bug and get some fancy wings, since it's based on the butterfly fish and learns some bug moves by leveling up. Also because water/bug is a type that hasn't been done before besides Surskit.

Mega Luxray: I think it should become electric/dark because that typing also hasn't been done yet, Luxray looks like it could be a dark type, and it learns some dark moves by leveling up.

They confirmed in an interview with Nintendo Dream recently that some Pokemon have been ruled out for receiving a Mega due to them seeing their designs as not being able to evolve further. Which ones exactly, well, we don't know and can only guess, but it seems they (currently) aren't going to/trying to give a Mega to every one and already know which ones are candidates in their mind. They could always change their mind down the line, I guess.

Can I get a link to the interview?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom