• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post-Unova Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever those medals are, I really don't see how they point towards whether or not we'll have a second region...

I agree that they're probably some sort of Achievements or such, perhaps basically "Ribbons" for the PC as opposed to individual Pokemon.

I'd say it is safe to expect at least two more pages, meaning a total of at least 45 medals, which is a significant number in itself.

True, I would doubt it would be less than that. That being said, I just thought Mitchman's estimate of hundreds, because unless they are very trivial, I don't see why they would bother to have that many of them.

But as you said, 45 is more than enough in it's own right. Up that to 60, and you certainly have a lot.

what are these metals you guys are talking about?
They were spotted in the newest trailer. A man hands out a medal to the player (at 2:05 in the video), which leads to a screen where 15 medals are displayed. Since the screen has a slider, there must be more of those medals.
My estimate might be exaggerated, but I still think its at least a hundred. You have exactly 15 in the first page. I dunno if black white had any sliders similar to this, but I would assume it goes by page each time you click the left or right arrows. Judging by the sliders size, I can easily assume they're gonna have 10 or so pages if not more.

A boat is shown on the trailer, and judging by the map it's the boat from homika's city. It dosen't seem to look like the boat from the animated trailer.
just wanted to point that out.

The animation in the trailer seems to me that the boat is traveling pretty far off somewhere. Imo, its almost akin to the magnet train and how it traveled back and forth from Johto to Kanto.

We know that can't be going to Liberty Island nor Unity Tower since there are already boats for those places in Castella, interesting...

The animation in the trailer seems to me that the boat is traveling pretty far off somewhere. Imo, its almost akin to the magnet train and how it traveled back and forth from Johto to Kanto.
Are you talking about the newest trailer? I think that boat simply takes the player from Tachiwaki to Castelia; there has some to be some way to get to mainland Unova. The underwater tunnel could be the path between the two cities instead, but since the Tachiwaki boat isn't the one from the animated trailer, I don't see what else it could be used for.

I was thinking for the longest time now that Tachiwaki was connected to Driftveil City, and that we would use the bridge there to get to mainland Unova. Looking at it again that isn't the case, so your right, we likely will be using that boat to travel to Castelia City.

Let's try to break the mold from the usual discussion. How should the new region be linked to Unova thematically or historically? What made N choose that destination? Does the region hold the key to the Abyssal Ruins and Puzzle Cube mysteries? Which legendary Pokémon should appear there?

I believe that the region may be based on a certain part of England (say the London area) and that the twin heroes hailed from that land. What interests me is the fact that the Dragonspiral Tower predates the foundation of Unova, which implies that the twin heroes weren't around when it was built. What happened to Unova's indigenous population? Did they accept the twin heroes as their rulers even though they were foreigners?

Ghetsis said:
Now, are you familiar with the legend of Unova's formation?
Iris: Yeah, I know that! The one with the black/white dragon Pokémon, right?!
Ghetsis: Correct... How can a world with so many countries arguing be put to order...?
There was a hero who pondered over that idea.
And a black/white dragon who turned its fangs on those who defied it...
The hero and the Pokémon used their power to bring order to the hearts of all by creating Unova.
Am I the only one who suspects that there was something sinister about the twin heroes? For the most part Game Freak depicted them as heroes, but that line certainly creates the impression that the twins did not hesitate to exert force to get what they wanted. Where was Kyurem in all of this? Did it stand idly by as the twin heroes used the dragons as weapons of war? And what about the people who had built the Dragonspiral Tower, or at least their descendants? Are they the ones on whom Reshiram and Zekron turned their fangs, because they supported neither truth nor ideals? It would be very interesting if it turned out that those people worked with Kyurem to prevent Unova from being divided, but due to Kyurem's crippled form, the twin heroes sent those people to exile - possibly to the very land that the twins had deserted.

I think it's possible that the twin heroes may not have been so "heroic," and that they could've used fear and power to conquer and rule over Unova. On the other hand, could Unova's indigenous population have been the Abyssal Ruins civilization? If so, then maybe the twin heroes didn't need to force their hand. Perhaps Unova's indigenous people felt that this was a part of their prophecy, and welcomed the twin heroes? And maybe it was the Abyssal Ruins civilization that built Dragonspiral Tower in anticipation of this prophecy.

I wouldn't put it past Ghetsis to twist the legend of the twin heroes to his liking, to be honest. Perhaps N decided to travel to this region to discover the truth about the twin heroes he once idolized.

I don't know where Kyurem would fit into all of this, though, since we know next to nothing about it.

I think it's possible that the twin heroes may not have been so "heroic," and that they could've used fear and power to conquer and rule over Unova. On the other hand, could Unova's indigenous population have been the Abyssal Ruins civilization? If so, then maybe the twin heroes didn't need to force their hand. Perhaps Unova's indigenous people felt that this was a part of their prophecy, and welcomed the twin heroes? And maybe it was the Abyssal Ruins civilization that built Dragonspiral Tower in anticipation of this prophecy.
I definitely think that the Dragonspiral Tower and the Abyssal Ruins were built by the same civilization. If that is the case, then not only did they foresee the split of the original dragon, but they were also responsible for that dragon being born (it boggles the mind how). But that also means that they wouldn't have had a reason to view either of the twin heroes as their king, because they caused the split and neither one was better than the other. Perhaps the original civilization left Unova by their own accord because they knew that it would take thousands of years before the true king emerged.

We're talking about people from 2000 years ago. It isn't unusual for kings to use force in order to gain control over a land. You might as well accuse the bible of not following human rights. The king won, so he gets to write history. There's no mystery about it.
You know, it's nice ho game freak implanted democratic values in BW. How monarchy is wrong and how other people's opinions matter.

The king won, so he gets to write history. There's no mystery about it.

But we don't know what the true history is, so you can't say for sure whether or not the legend of the twin heroes had been altered.

Also, the twin heroes are not explicitly referred to as kings, just that they ruled over Unova.

A new 15-second trailer has been added to the official website (it's the left link in the second line). The only new thing it reveals is an airship that appears to be landing in an unfamiliar setting. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I don't think that's a new place in Unova.

Also, Nintendo have launched their own B2W2 website, and while it contains no new information, there is a link to a hidden section labeled as "Coming Soon". I think this has to be something big because they already have a page called "Legendary Pokémon and New Adventure" which contains most of what we know at this point, so the new page will most likely be very distinct. It can't be a page about the characters because most of them are already featured on the aforementioned page (even Akuroma, who is tied to Team Plasma). The World Tournament and Pokéwood are on said page, as well, so I don't think that the new page will be about new features, either.

Last edited:
b2w22.png

Oh, this looks pretty...interesting. Not sure what to make of it. It looks like it could be pretty high up, though.

We know from one of Masuda's tweets that he is going to appear on Smash soon, but he is not mentioned by either one of the summaries for the two episodes before the games' release. I think that we're dealing with another surprise announcement and that he may even appear this Sunday. Remember that only Masuda hinted that he would appear on Smash in late February (to announce the games).

Last edited:
That airship has similar colors to the screenshot of Akuroma we saw in the other trailer a few days ago. That is very, very interesting though.

Is it possible that the airship is the animated trailer ship?
And when did masuda say he'll appear?

Is it possible that the airship is the animated trailer ship?
That crossed my mind for a few seconds, but it looks too different (see here at 2:20).

There are so many ships and planes in these games. It would be ridiculous if they were all used to move around Unova.

And when did masuda say he'll appear?
He didn't, and he hasn't replied to my tweet yet. Sunyshore asked him a while ago and he dodged the question, but maybe he'll be more forthcoming today.

The shape of that airship looks similar to the shape of the room Akuroma was standing in during the previous trailer.

Initially I dismissed the idea that Akuroma was on an airship because you could see a building in the background, but this airship is very close to what would appear to be buildings. So that removes my doubt.

Let's try to break the mold from the usual discussion. How should the new region be linked to Unova thematically or historically? What made N choose that destination? Does the region hold the key to the Abyssal Ruins and Puzzle Cube mysteries? Which legendary Pokémon should appear there?
The new region shouldn't necessarily hold the secret to the Puzzle Cube mystery, I'd consider that more of an N-mystery that only N can resolve. That said, I want that revelation to come from N in the new region.

Is it possible the dragons may have some sort of origin in this new region? Weather or not that is the case, I think N's Dragon may have had a major had in the location to which they fled. Perhaps N was informed that Truth/Ideals could be found in this region.
Historically; I think it's safe to say that the region is not isolated. From where did the inhabitants come? Are the residents of Isshu descendants of this region's natives? Did residents of one of the Poke-Japan regions come from/go to this region?

The question of what legendary pokemon should appear in the new region...I feel the answer should be partly influenced by the people. Since I don't know much about the people of the new region, I'll just say that I expect the Kanto and Houen trios to be made available there.

I believe that the region may be based on a certain part of England (say the London area) and that the twin heroes hailed from that land.
While I like the Medieval theme, I'm expecting a contination of the world/American aspects BW initiated. A Native American or 'Old West' theme might be plausible alternatives.

Am I the only one who suspects that there was something sinister about the twin heroes? For the most part Game Freak depicted them as heroes, but that line certainly creates the impression that the twins did not hesitate to exert force to get what they wanted. Where was Kyurem in all of this? Did it stand idly by as the twin heroes used the dragons as weapons of war? And what about the people who had built the Dragonspiral Tower, or at least their descendants? Are they the ones on whom Reshiram and Zekron turned their fangs, because they supported neither truth nor ideals? It would be very interesting if it turned out that those people worked with Kyurem to prevent Unova from being divided, but due to Kyurem's crippled form, the twin heroes sent those people to exile - possibly to the very land that the twins had deserted.

Well, lets say that the twin heroes are English.
Let's also say that the native people of Isshu are similar to Native Americans.
Should that be the case, Isshu's natives may have been forced out and the new region is more-or-less a "voluntary" Indian reserve.

However, that doesn't make the most of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom