• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ZD X BMG 2019 Link’s Awakening Hydra Mafia Crossover Game Thread

if this account starts typing like a middle schooler trying to be cool, then it's ya girl
hahaha BIG MOOD
I find their play style surprisingly cautious. Too cautious, even though I recognised some of Gumball’s writing. So she isn’t inactive. Then, why are they playing more cautious than anticipated?
i missed you <3

actually i only made two posts, the other post in lowercase was pen imitating me :mad:
i'm going to wake up tomorrow and then actually start putting effort into the game. i know it's lazy and i know it's a copout, sue me. but i haven't gained much from the couple ISOs i did. yall need to remember i'm not actually good at the game until i get a flip or two lmao. if anyone has something to discuss with me that's great! i'll answer it. eventually. after i wake up

did i mention my townread on the single post for the Bok slot? looked like minish. i like minish

Explain thesunspear "towny because they aren't scummy"? Explain how chillan is scum, and who where they pushing? How do we seem to be lurking?

I personally don't like this reads list doesn't really help or contribute to anything, but I hold of and wait to see his responses.
SN haven't answered my questions despite being active and I think even posting after this.
Vote: Scumlords and noobs
Some people should be reminded that it is a hydra game therefore if something seems hypocritical it may have been posted by the other head.

SN haven't answered my questions despite being active and I think even posting after this.
Vote: Scumlords and noobs
Some people should be reminded that it is a hydra game therefore if something seems hypocritical it may have been posted by the other head.
Contrainer is inactive at this time of the day, and I have some serious phone issues.

Next, on to Scumlord's list:

and here his explanation:

Thank you for clarifying.
To anyone who found it strange that my other head had advocated for showing arguments for the accusations, well, this is why we need that. Now we can discuss it content wise.

Practically, most people you find suspicious are suspicious due to inactivity. Most people you find trustworthy are (with the exception of Leeting and Restless) trustworthy because they give off a town vibe.

Inactivity can be an indicator of scumminess. It’s good that you mention this, because I was already looking for an excuse to discuss this topic. Because this is a hydra game, I think we need to be a bit careful with pointing fingers at people for their activity at the beginning of the game. People probably need some time to adapt to their partner. Some may first want to extensively discuss everything, and thus come across as less active, or may be less active in an attempt to not bother their other partner too much. Inactivity or overactivity may also appear due to different heads taking over at unexpected moments. e.g. one player wakes up, reads and slowly expands his activity, then when he/she is expected to contribute in a more assertive manner, the other player takes over. This player may have no idea what the other player was thinking, so simply starts all over again in the process. When the final player is about to become more assertive, perhaps the first player comes back and write the conclusion to his original texts, which may again seem strange in the light of the recent posts of the second player. The same can also happen for overactivity.
Anyhow, I guess the trick here is to learn to better understand the hydras after a few days, to see inconsistencies even when accounting for the distortions coming from the hydras.

The town vibe thingy is a bit too vague really. Please clarify.
Perhaps that is because I never played with those people before, so then please give me some insights in how I should read them
Giving off a town vibe is a bit contextuall, I think. I trust Hydreigon&Shelgon GX due to my meta knowledge of his gameplay style, for one instance.

Nursing Home gives a lot of usefull comments about the game, and does not sound scummy overall to me.

Leetic's post sound simply... Fair and simple, I wouldn't call them scummy at this point. I'll have him on my watch tho, and everyone else too because DOCTOR HOUSE.

(That last part was a joke.)

A minor push on a user, over something simple to be suspicious about - and was a mistake anyway. This looks fake

Basically just posts this for a while, without providing any real content of his own. As they say around here, "CWAC".

Despite acknowledging that a no lynch is a mistake, seems oddly hesitant to use his vote, especially when providing pressure would be an obvious reason to use it here. Yeah, this guy's scummy.
The first two posts where directed to different people (Latb and SN) who posted a reads list with no reasoning and I wanted to gain more information on their reads. The 3rd post was clarifying what I said in the 2nd post since I was tired and I made a few mistakes on the 2nd post. I'm still unsure about leetic.
I find it interesting how mafia nursing home (supposedly veteran players) who should've been able to work out that perhaps two different heads posted different things.

Contrainer is inactive at this time of the day, and I have some serious phone issues.

Giving off a town vibe is a bit contextuall, I think. I trust Hydreigon&Shelgon GX due to my meta knowledge of his gameplay style, for one instance.

Nursing Home gives a lot of usefull comments about the game, and does not sound scummy overall to me.

Leetic's post sound simply... Fair and simple, I wouldn't call them scummy at this point. I'll have him on my watch tho, and everyone else too because DOCTOR HOUSE.

(That last part was a joke.)
Contrainer was active a hour after my post asking for answers, and yet he still didn't respond.

Contrainer was active a hour after my post asking for answers, and yet he still didn't respond.
Alright, that might seem off. Can't blame you for finding us scum after that.

Though, isn't acting like an obvious scum despite knowing people will 100% find your behavior scum a bit uncarefull? Noob question here, but I already played a Mafia game where one of the least susepcted, and really town-ey sounding players turned out scum in the end.

Here is my list of reads. Please comment on it (and share yours too)!

Town-leaning
leetic and the band – very active. Looked for confrontations, so in the end still on my town-list. He published a list of reads and I liked that he used colours there, and thus had a read on everyone. But content wise I think the list was shabby. Please explain your thoughts in more detail.

Thesunspear – another highly active player. Has been confrontational as well. Also motivated others to publish their lists of reads. Generally contributed to the game. I would like to see a list of your reads as well.

Mafia Nursing Home – has been doubting Lone_Wolf’s intentions when he started the lie detector soft-claim-thingy. Personally, I don’t think that’s scummy. I think that it’s quite likely that we have a lie detector role in a bastard game. And if you want to get town credit by faking it, you may have just provided the REAL lie detector with valuable information. So why not use another strategy to look more townish?
Overall though, Mafia Nursing Home has been confronting people with their behavior. They further confronted Restless and me. I like that, that contributes to discussions and puts yourself in the spotlight as well.

Lone Wolf – asked everyone about their alignment. Let’s assume this is a lie detector soft-claim. I find it somewhat trustworthy. In a bastard game like this, I think it makes sense for someone to be a lie detector. If he fakeclaimed it, someone will counter-claim eventually (plus he gave that person a large amount of useful information!). If he IS the lie detector, his move will have been effective. Later Lone_Wolf claimed that these questions were just fluff. Maybe that’s true, then my read of him would be neutral (or even scum-leaning, for he didn’t really do much else…). But since it could also just be to hide his cards, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Restless_Ridge – has been suuuuuper active. Truly… restless. Generally gives off a town-vibe. Has contributed much to discussions and confronted other (active) people. The only small red flag is that they claimed in the beginning that his/her town game is normally scummy (kind of warranted an RVS vote >.>). That’s really not a confident opening…..

Neutral
Hydreigon & Shelgon GX – I put them in my neutral corner because the website keeps giving me an error when I try to single out their posts…. My gutfeeling says that they have been very active and contributed well, but I don’t want to put them in my list of town-reads yet if I can’t check all their posts… I’ll do that at some later stage.

dum dum idiots – Has not been super active yet, but that may be unrelated to their alignment. I think they have been playing a bit cautious so far, more than I would expect from them, but I believe their explanation for this. Thus, so far in my neutral list.

Chillian – Hasn’t contributed yet to the game at all. But both players have expressed being busy atm and promised to contribute more tomorrow. That’s fine, I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts tomorrow.

Bok's Lovechild – only posted once. Please become more active.

Tommy and Hal – 0 posts.

Scum-leaning
Zinn Mask Salesman – posted 3 times. Only talked about Lone Wolf’s question about our alignments. I am not a huge fan of these questions either, any mass-claiming exercise on day one can make the game too easy. But I’m not questioning the effectiveness of this. To the contrary, if there is a lie detector, it’s a great town move (just not a fun one). ZinnMS questioning the effectiveness of this seems very scummy. They have neither contributed to anything else in this game so far.

Scumlords and Noobs – Scum-leaning. They had a few quirky posts that made me raise an eyebrow. Such as when they, at the beginning of the game, argued that a normal majority vote (compared to super maj) was bad for the town because it would take away valuable time to talk. Scummy as hell. And when they claimed to be “pretty sure” that they were town. Though this may also just be a personality trait.
Then he published his list of reads. In principle a positive thing, but gave no explanation. When the explanation arrived it looked a bit shabby. Not convincing me of his townness though, so stays in the scumcorner. But imo Scumlord is only barely in the scum-leaning corner (because I do give him credit for publishing a list of reads AT ALL), but my other head disagrees so we’ll keep our vote on him for now.

Sorry for not replying to the post above, and severall other posts targetted at this account. I'm just a little busy now and only checking to read through old posts and give myself something to think about, so don't expect a meaningfull contribution to the game anytime soon.

Are you like... advocating for a no lynch today? o_O and that benefits... who?
Well, my partner simply said that the majority rule rids the town of valuable time to talk, not that he does not want a lynch.
People in the top generally have a more genuine tone and I can see them actually doing things for the town, the bottom people just look faked to me. If you want me to go more into detail for a specific one, you can ask.
So I am gonna ask for more specific detaill for everyone from this list. :p
Explain thesunspear "towny because they aren't scummy"? Explain how chillan is scum, and who where they pushing? How do we seem to be lurking?
Mhm. I suppose Contrainer was reffering to the start of the game, where Chillian voted us immidiately after we voted him. His generall lack of contribution might also be (I guess) a fair point.
I disagree with my head here in terms of the lurking stuff... I have no idea what he was talking about.

As for explaining the Sunspear... He questioned Leetic's judgement on him after Leetic claimed to consider him town right off the bat. This sounds a bit towny, as he doesn't appear to be a super manipulative player to me.

That's for now.

For now I am going to vote: leetic and the band for the reason mentioned above and because they have not been active since then. I believe in a hydra game the wolves are going to be less active as they are more dependent on their other head and do not want to mess up.
I can't find your reasoning above, can you quote it?
Depending on your other head isn't the best idea and overall I think basing it on activity isn't AI.
My rainbow list of reads so far:

Mafia Nursing Home
thesunspear
Lone Wolf

Hydreigon & Shelgon GX
Bok's Lovechild
Restless Ridge

Scumlords & Noobs
Chillian
Zinn Mask Salesman

Aflame
dum dum idiots
Could you explain why you put them in this order. Just a list without info doesn't really help a lot
People in the top generally have a more genuine tone and I can see them actually doing things for the town, the bottom people just look faked to me. If you want me to go more into detail for a specific one, you can ask.
Sure, explain each and every one of them.
by the by if its not obvious usaulyl lowercase will eb me and the stark weird correct grammar posing will be froemr. i ahvenot discussed this with him abotut hat but i spectulate this will be the case in thefuture
Please just type normally so it's easier for town to read your posts. If you really want to separate who is who then just add your name. Does it really matter that you show that? If so, why?
You're not really contributing to the game much, most of it is setup talk and affirmations that can easily be faked
Yet so is my slot and you put me at 3rd most towny slot... Seems odd to me.
I'll read who I can. (37 was a joke)

1. Aflame - scummy
  2. Zinn Mask Salesman null
  3. Hydreigon & Shelgon GX towny
  4. Chillian scum
  5. Bok's Lovechild null
  6. Mafia Nursing Home Town
  7. Lone Wolf towntsh
  8. leetic and the band townyish?
  9. Scumlords and Noobs :lapras:
  10. Tommy and Hal scummy
  11. dum dum idiots null
  12. Restless_Ridge towny
  13. thesunspear towny
Could also clarify your list a bit more?
Are these accounts allowed to bypass the 60 second rule or something
TWR mod note: yes since all these accounts are new we disabled that, normally it's a spam prevention tool
Yeah, the sixty second rule is obnoxious. It didn't always use to be a thing, way back in vBulletin we could post as much as we want, but now only mods (and us apparently) get that privilege
Wait, you guys still have that on your normal accounts as well? (not talking about the new people here) I thought we removed that? I'll go complain about that.
  1. Aflame - scummy because they seem to be lurking
  3. Hydreigon & Shelgon GX towny because they sound genuine
  4. Chillian scum because of pushing hm
  5. Bok's Lovechild null
  6. Mafia Nursing Home Towny vibe
  7. Lone Wolf towntsh vibe
  8. leetic and the band townyish? Because of lots of contributions
  10. Tommy and Hal scummy for inactivity
  11. dum dum idiots null
  12. Restless_Ridge towny for Contributing
  13. thesunspear towny "because they aren't scummy"
Ok thanks, other head what do you think?
Any reason for unvoting? Who was it anyway?
Lone_Wolf would be in that list, but I checked to see when the two heads were last online, and it's been several hours, so they might legitimately not have been able to do anything after that initial "are you town" post.
Makes themselves invisible :p
I haven't been able to do anything since the last post :p
Argh, that Bulba Wave emoticon is going to be the death of me since I love uses slashes. :sick:
Oh ikr, try using it like o / ...
to see if they respond, I suppose
A single vote aint gonna pressure them to post something. I'm not saying we should add more votes as voting inactives early on doesnt help us.
@Lone_Wolf I can see you lurking, do you have any thoughts?
I'm not lurking iI'm reading over 10 pages of posts XD
I most certainly do. Gimme, I dunno, 10-15 minutes-ish to properly read things and get everything I wanna say into the post.
I was already wondering, I wasn't online 2 hours ago already right, but that explains XD
His name was on the list of online users
And this account stalking is the whole reason mafia players make themselves invisible.

I don't think Scumlords and Noobs are scum based on their reads list more a sense of having a hard time making one. I'd still like to see you try clarify your list though.
Unvote: Scumlords & Noobs
But then how am I supposed to know you are actually reading? My gut tells me you are not paying close attention because you did not like or comment on my dark souls meme despite it being reminiscent of darth wolfs avatar...
Maybe because he isn't DarthWolf :p
I'm not going to like a random thing just because you mention one of us.

Also I just realised that timestamps set to your partner's timezone can be really confusing
it seems to me to be a bulbagarden staple for players to be giving off "their [alignment] vibes" yet not being able to show how they are doing so is a red flag, and it led to a day 1 mafia lynch in the "Ubers Mafia" game.
I can't completely confirm this as I wasn't involved but there were a lot of syndicate people involved iirc so I wouldn't say it's a bulba thing, there aren't just 2 communities in this game either :p
This would make sense as LazySpy, the other head, is quite a new member here so their behaviour doesn't give me any AI vibes.
leetic and the band – very active. Looked for confrontations, so in the end still on my town-list. He published a list of reads and I liked that he used colours there, and thus had a read on everyone. But content wise I think the list was shabby. Please explain your thoughts in more detail.
It lacked content yet you put him up top (does the order actually matter?). How so?
Restless_Ridge – has been suuuuuper active. Truly… restless. Generally gives off a town-vibe. Has contributed much to discussions and confronted other (active) people. The only small red flag is that they claimed in the beginning that his/her town game is normally scummy (kind of warranted an RVS vote >.>). That’s really not a confident opening…..
Has he? If he has I can't remember much from what he posted, aka there was a lack of good contributing posts. I wouldn't describe that as towny. That, or I'm clearly missing something here.
Hydreigon & Shelgon GX – I put them in my neutral corner because the website keeps giving me an error when I try to single out their posts….
Might be the restricted access these accounts have been given? (@SoaringDylan?
at the beginning of the game, argued that a normal majority vote (compared to super maj) was bad for the town because it would take away valuable time to talk. Scummy as hell.
How is that scummy? Having more time means more chance to discuss things, expecially in a game where you cant talk at night. Once you are set on a lynch you should still continue hunting for the next suspect and assist in determining who should be your next night target.
But imo Scumlord is only barely in the scum-leaning corner (because I do give him credit for publishing a list of reads AT ALL), but my other head disagrees so we’ll keep our vote on him for now.
I also disagree with my other head and I just unvoted. This should definitely be discussed (hint at my partner :p). I get that you dont instantly unvote but you should definitely discuss this and share the result before the end of the day.
)

It lacked content yet you put him up top (does the order actually matter?). How so?
Ah, good question. No, the order is random, I forgot to mention that.
So he’s definitely not my strongest town read. But I do like the fact that he gave a list of reads at all, even though it looks shabby. Now is his chance to explain it, if he fails to do so properly he’ll lose town credit soon enough anyway.

Has he? If he has I can't remember much from what he posted, aka there was a lack of good contributing posts. I wouldn't describe that as towny. That, or I'm clearly missing something here.
My gut feeling said the same as yours. When I actually read their posts I was surprised to see that they made a bigger contribution so far than I could recall.

QUOTE="Lone_Wolf, post: 6756299, member: 110365"]
How is that scummy? Having more time means more chance to discuss things, expecially in a game where you cant talk at night. Once you are set on a lynch you should still continue hunting for the next suspect and assist in determining who should be your next night target.
[/QUOTE]
He made his comment in light of the majority vote/ super majority vote discussion. For a super majority, we may need about 10 of all 13 votes to be able to lynch someone. He argued that this would be a good thing, for the extra time it would give. I argued that this was a bad thing, because it is a threshold we would never reach. Besides, I have never yet experienced that a normal majority would be too low of a threshold to facilitate a proper discussion. I don’t believe the town can benefit from a supermajority voting rule.

I also disagree with my other head and I just unvoted. This should definitely be discussed (hint at my partner :p). I get that you dont instantly unvote but you should definitely discuss this and share the result before the end of the day.
)
We’ll see what we’ll do there. That will also depend on other further developments in the game. We still have more than a day left.

Just tested it and it seems to work fine.

You can find this at: Who Replied? and clicking the number of messages behind a user.
Yeah I don’t think it was due to that. It worked perfectly fine for searching the posts of the other players. Maybe it was just a temporary error due to using that bar a lot repeatedly

Zinn Mask Salesman – posted 3 times. Only talked about Lone Wolf’s question about our alignments. I am not a huge fan of these questions either, any mass-claiming exercise on day one can make the game too easy. But I’m not questioning the effectiveness of this. To the contrary, if there is a lie detector, it’s a great town move (just not a fun one). ZinnMS questioning the effectiveness of this seems very scummy. They have neither contributed to anything else in this game so far.
Well I'm awake now, I'm reading the thread. The stuff from earlier was all Zinn, except for the Groot image, that was me right after I got off work, lol.

Alright, that might seem off. Can't blame you for finding us scum after that.

Though, isn't acting like an obvious scum despite knowing people will 100% find your behavior scum a bit uncarefull? Noob question here, but I already played a Mafia game where one of the least susepcted, and really town-ey sounding players turned out scum in the end.

Perhaps acting like an obvious scum would be the tactic, because then you could bring up this point in hopes of clearing yourself. Because god forbid any scum would ever act scummy! I'll admit I'm always pretty awful at giving my own reads on day 1, but even later in the game I'm always still very unlikely to town read anyone. Unless I have extremely solid reason to trust anyone, I will be suspicious of everyone. That said, at this point in the game I do find myself agreeing a fair deal with a lot of the things Aflame has been saying. It doesn't mean I trust them, but they do look rather good imo.

I haven't been posting because it's day one and you can only get so far by saying "that person posts funny"

Regarding Aflame's reads, active = town, not active = mafia? Nice logic, I've seen plenty of super active Mafia, that end up becoming claimed as undeniable town because they took control of reads and the like, and I've seen plenty of inactive town that fail at their jobs and skip night actions, it takes both.

Otherwise I don't really have anything else to say, there's nothing interesting going on until the next day when people have thrown some night actions around and we can actually comment on more substantial information.
I've just seen nothing but shade being thrown around.
~Zinn

I haven't been posting because it's day one and you can only get so far by saying "that person posts funny"

Regarding Aflame's reads, active = town, not active = mafia? Nice logic, I've seen plenty of super active Mafia, that end up becoming claimed as undeniable town because they took control of reads and the like, and I've seen plenty of inactive town that fail at their jobs and skip night actions, it takes both.

Otherwise I don't really have anything else to say, there's nothing interesting going on until the next day when people have thrown some night actions around and we can actually comment on more substantial information.
I've just seen nothing but shade being thrown around.
~Zinn
I agree on your argument against activity (as I also pointed out earlier). Contribution and willingness to confront others, however, is different.

With 14 pages, I cannot imagine there is nothing else to say...

But are you Town though?

These questions are kinda silly, are you expecting someone is going to say "I'm Mafia" or something?
I guess I like this role, I can't speak for my partner though, this question is also strange, why get the opinion of a single hydra or do you expect both partners to reply?
After the possibility of a lie detector has been brought up, you refrain from answering this question. Of course on one would say they are scum, but by avoiding answering the question you are also avoiding being checked by the potential lie detector. I find this to be quite suspicious. I've got my eye on your heads.

Really like dum dum pointing this out. Feels like a genuine thing to suspect. Not sure which head of the hydra avoided the question, but I do feel like SMS tends to avoid questions/requests like that while also making it look like he's responding to them in a way. So in this example, avoids answering the town question (the more important part of the question if we're taking a lie detector into consideration), but addresses the second part to look as though he's contributing to the ongoing discussion. Makes me rather suspicious of them.

It looked like you were actually making an effort to read the game, unlike most of the people posting here. Your latest post before I started making the list, even though it suspected me, was the main reason.

I don't think high activity/posts on day 1 is exactly a great reason to townread someone. Especially if it's someone like sunspear, both of whom like to post a ton. That kind of thinking feels like it could lead to letting mafia be seen as a town leader based on aggressiveness and not content.

1. Aflame - scummy because they seem to be lurking
  3. Hydreigon & Shelgon GX towny because they sound genuine
  4. Chillian scum because of pushing hm
  5. Bok's Lovechild null
  6. Mafia Nursing Home Towny vibe
  7. Lone Wolf towntsh vibe
  8. leetic and the band townyish? Because of lots of contributions
  10. Tommy and Hal scummy for inactivity
  11. dum dum idiots null
  12. Restless_Ridge towny for Contributing
  13. thesunspear towny "because they aren't scummy"

This reads as a lazy attempt at making a reads list. Honestly not a fan of reads lists so early in the game since there's not enough to go off of. No reason to make half a list of people null for lack of content, or make people town just because they're posting a lot. If you have genuine thoughts on people, just point those out in posts. But the way this list is written feels like the way scum can easily throw together a reads list without thinking too much about it.

As of now, I'm not opposed to the votes on Aflame (it feels like they're dragging things out here, like in post #166; why not note that the reads lists so far were suspicious before being prompted? the dragging out of voting and the weird not answering what they think of LatB is also strange), Scumlords and Noobs (this slot feels more concerned with their own survival than pushing the game forward), and Chillian (a slot that was fairly active when the phase started, but has gotten much scarcer once posts with actual substance started to pop up; several posts were also just setup stuff about majority rules). These three stand out most to me.

On the note of not voting people right away, I don't necessarily agree that that is suspicious. I sometimes do it as town because I like to be more sure in my votes. Pressure votes don't do much on ZD, and with the maj people like to make sure that votes aren't just placed making a wagon grow suddenly for scum to jump on.

But I do like this post from Mafia Nursing Home. Gives good thought processes behind their top suspects instead of just labeling them scummy. This is why we need reasoning if you are going to post a reads list, because just MNH saying that Scumlords felt more concerned about their own survival allowed me to see their view on things and gave me something to think about.

Why would town need to hesitate to vote? Seems more to me like scum concerned about their image.

I think it was dum dum that also said this, but town can be concerned about their image too. Townies don't want to be lynched either because that means scum isn't being lynched. I think it's fair to be suspicious of someone and ask them questions to see if that's where you want to place your vote or not. Because you want to be more certain you're placing it on scum.

The difference of opinions over the reads lists might be a culture clash issue. I do think that posting a reads list without explaining why the reads are the way they are is a bit easy,

Again, agreeing with and liking MNH's posts. I think a lot of the discussion going on right now is culture clash actually, and it does need to be taken into consideration. On ZD we don't really do reads lists on day 1, and activity is nowhere near this high at that point (or a lot of the game actually). So I know that us Zd people are trying to adjust to day 1 being this serious and full of discussion. Also, yes give reasoning on reads lists pls.

One other thing I quickly want to mention, I’m not sure what to think yet about dum dum idiots’ behaviour. Petter (one head) is usually a very composed player. Sometimes playing (in my opinion) a too-perfect scum game. Which is so perfect that it draws attention. However, he plays like that every single game, regardless of his alignment, making it hard to read him. Gumball (the other head) at the other hand, is much more assertive/aggressive in her usual play style. Combined they are, thus, an interesting hydra. I would expect them to end up somewhere in the middle, but I find their play style surprisingly cautious. Too cautious, even though I recognised some of Gumball’s writing. So she isn’t inactive. Then, why are they playing more cautious than anticipated?

I disagree on the dum dum read. I think their activity has been on par with their typical day 1 activity. Especially LG's. I know she doesn't like day 1. And Pendio seems to be more of a sit back and watch, then chime in with questioning when pertinent types. Guess Pendio just typically seems cautious to me, no matter what. So I do agree with the part that Pendio plays very composed as either alignment.

Mmm I like this post. I thought you said in signups that you haven't played mafia before?

Yeah, don't trust that man. He is a very scary mafia player. I feel that Kokirion analyzes things on a level that a lot don't. Makes you want to agree with him because he makes so much sense, but he's that way as scum and town.

I bolded the hydra's in the list above that contain ZD mafia players. I'm not saying this entire list is rubbish, but isn't it a coincidence that pretty much everyone from ZD is part of the scum list?
That is why you need to provide arguments when presenting a list like this. Now it seems like your gutfeeling accidentally labelled all players with a for here more unusual playstyle as scummy.

And this is a good example of my previous description of Kokirion. Lol. It is interesting that all the ZD players are in the null/scum area. (Except for sunspear, who have played on zd but aren't originally from there). Like MNH mentioned before, there's a culture clash going on and I think that people are reading that as AI.

You and me both. Even went back and looked at all of his posts and while he has a ton of them, there's not a whole lot of contributing there. This is why I think it's not exactly right to look at activity on a basis of who is saying a lot. Because it seems like some people post a lot without saying anything and it can make people think they're contributing more. Anyways, his posts seemed to mostly consist of shitposts, pointless questions/statements, saying they didn't like reads lists this early because it can be a fake way to generate content (one good post in their favor), and questioning why Aflame didn't place a vote on someone they were suspicious of. Only two minor points of relevance in almost 50 posts. Seems very CWAC.

I feel pretty good about Mafia Nursing Home right now for the things I pointed out in these quotes. They seem to have good progression in their reads and have pointed out a lot of good things to generate discussion/thoughts. Also feel decent about dum dum idiots due to knowing them and how they typically play. Also like that they pointed out ZinnMS avoiding the alignment question.

I like Lone Wolf's and Aflame's most recent posts a lot. Not enough to give them town reads, but they're looking decent in my opinion at the moment. Sunspear doesn't look bad to me either, but also have a hard time reading both of them early game so eh.

I'd say my top three suspects right now are Scumlords, ZinnMS, and Restless Ridge. Scumlords for their reads list because it felt like one that mafia could easily throw together not worrying much about it because they know alignments. Also what MNH pointed out about them seeming more worried about their survival early on that progressing the game. ZinnMS mainly for avoiding the alignment question. It is just one small reasoning, but it can be telling with the way they went about it. Not answering the more 'important' question, but still discussing and answering the other. They could have just skipped answering it at all, but knew that might have looked bad, so they took a more cautious/not as obvious approach. And Restless for the reasons in my response to Lone Wolf. Lots of posts but very little content. Makes it look like they're contributing when they're really not. Would like to hear more of their thoughts on people.

Vote: Restless Ridge

Hi, can you give some actual thoughts about people instead of fluff posts? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom