• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most unoriginal nicknames ever.

I named my roserade limeade, Gengar ghostbusty (based on ghostbusters not enough spaces, it was a female so hey), Infernape Oozaru (based on DBZ, Garchomp capncrunch, Jolteon Denjin, and Staraptor Harvey.

I'm EXTREMELY unoriginal.

I called my Espeon and Umbron Sol and Luna. Not very original, but they were both females, and at least it's not "Shadow".

Usually try to keep the names meaningful. Like "Typhoeus" the Typhlosion (fire beast of greek myth) and "Arion" the Kingdra (some horse son of Poseidon, I think). I did name my (female) Dragonite "Vivian"... 'cause dragon pokemon are "full of life energy"... so yeah.

I called my Espeon and Umbron Sol and Luna. Not very original, but they were both females, and at least it's not "Shadow".

I don't know about what others think but I like your Espeon and Umbreon's names. They sound fine.

I named my Gible (now a Garchomp) 'San D.' (...ground type...:drowsy:)
I wanted to give it a 'unique' name and that was what I could think of. It's not so original, though.

sparky, lighting, or bolt for any electric type

oh, and any god
Roman, Greek, norse, all of em

Freya the Butterfree would like a word with you.

As for UNCREATIVE LIEK WHOA names: I named a Sandshrew Sandy in my Nuzlocke run, and my Typhlosion was named Fire Boy. I AM V. CREATIVE. :B

Also Mjollnir for Pikachu and Jormungandr for a Gyarados. If you know the myths you'll know why they're uncreative.

I named my Shimama (Now a Zebraika) Zappy due to 5 letter character limits for Japanese games. But I'm happy with it, unoriginal or not *shrug*

Oh, I remember when I got a haxxed version of Pearl via Ebay without knowing that since the fucker preprogrammed it to have the National dex, Rowan and Oak never would hand me the Pokeradar, and those bastards at the entrances to the Fight area would be there forever (amongst other things)...

Anyway (it's a painful, painful past), he simply altered weak wild Pokemon into species that everyone would be dying to have on their teams, like Darkrai, Arceus, and Shaymin. All of them are either at 80 or in the 70s now, but only those three I named (well, renamed), to "Darklight," "Zeus," and "Minjin," respectively.

Anyone who gets the last reference gets a cookie.

Guilty as charged. My Umbreon is named Shadow, but it has more to do with remembering the memory of a black Lab I once had named Shadow.

a black labrador called shadow? now thats unoriginal. mind you. so is chalkie the black cat :/ but hey as long as it isnt spot the dalmation or kellie the collie its reasonable :p

a black labrador called shadow? now thats unoriginal. mind you. so is chalkie the black cat :/ but hey as long as it isnt spot the dalmation or kellie the collie its reasonable :p

Well, I wasn't the one who named him.

Most of my Pokémon are slightly punny nicknames based on their type and/or species.

Unoriginal? Maybe, but it's what I like.

Just caught a lotad in emerald. Nicknames him Eduardo because of his final evolution ;)

I haven't really nicknamed my Pokémon on HeartGold but I have nicknamed my whole team on SoulSilver. Here are their nicknames:
Skench - Noctowl
Pyroken - Blaziken
Akkiermu - Scizor
Bumuficu - Heracross
Ushion - Beedrill
Alucrosavg - Feraligatr
I use combination's of words,colours and nature. Sometimes I use words from different languages e.g(Japanese,Italian or German). However Pyroken was rather simple just a combination of Pyro and Ken from Blazi'ken'. Skench is the name of an owl from a book series called Gaurdians of Ga'Hoole (lol).

Also on my Emerald version my nicknamed Pokemon are:
Urashi - Ninjask
Pyroken - Combusken (Lol 2x)
Gegigomu- Sableye
Saron- Aron
SHEDINJA - Does not a have nickname.

Last edited:
I named my magnemite Magneto, My totodile Gustav, Hindenburg the Driffloon. Tesla the luxray.
I doubt these are original.

Blaze the Blaziken. :lol:

I named mine Peckles :p

Peckles? Hahaha oh dear, I near fell off my chair from laughter! That is an awesome name!

As for my unoriginal names...I named my Misdreavus Missy, and I have a Pikachu named Mascot. I also have one named Jean Luc...I know, its bad.

I named Infernape Tarzan, which is pretty generic... All my Pokémon have generic names (if I nickname them, I mostly don't)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom