• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B2W2 Animated Game Trailer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cheren, B2W2 male player and rival - possible animation short?

Somebody needs to get translations of the dialouge entirely. I really only understood the "Yes! Now today is the day we finally get our Pokemon!"

Otherwise everything was visual interpretation.

Somebody needs to get translations of the dialouge entirely. I really only understood the "Yes! Now today is the day we finally get our Pokemon!"

It's been translated quite a few times on this thread, along with a subbed video. However, the video uses a really bad translation

I think this is the best translation I've seen based on making the sentences actually...make sense

I translated the video myself, and some of what whoever the other person said isn't per-se what is being said, so I'll leave my take on translation for this video

Natural: I wonder what kind of path you and your Pokemon aim for?

*Scene change*

B2W2 Rival: Alright! We're on our way to receive our Pokemon!

B2W2 Protagonist: Yup!

Protagonist: And you are....?

DD(Different Dimension) Bel: Ahhh, I'm so Glad we could meet! *Giggles* Ta-daaa~ Inside this is the Pokemon you will partner with.

*Scene Change*

Akuroma: [kano?] Team Plasma was there. Accepting the possibilities Pokemon possess, they say Pokemon should be released from humanity's control. That, is not my way of thinking.

*Scene Change*

Kamitsure: Welcome to this stage! My beloved Pokemon, and your Pokemon........which shall truly shine? Let's (find out) here(and now)! Note. she says ''koko de something-mashou'' not too sure, but what I used fits, I guess.

*Scene Change*

Habunake-Plasma Girl: *Laughter* Let me congratulate you, for reaching this far; but, given there are so many of us present here, kindly consider surrendering.

B2W2 rival: I'll say this much; I'm starting to get angry...

Gym Leader Cheren: Tch, they're only troublesome due to their number of them present.

B2W2 rival: This will end quickly.....so lend me your power.

B2W2 Protagonist: You got it!

Snake Plasma Girl: Habunake, Bite attack!

Protagonist: Windie, we'll also use Bite!

Rival: Daikenki, Ice Beam!!

*Scene Change*

Protagonist: Wait!! Rucario, Aura Sphere!!

Ninja Bad Guy: No matter what tactics you use, I've achieved the objective[of the mission].

I could watch this trailer about a billion times. No joke. It's THAT awesome.

I'm glad it's on YouTube again!

Ah, so it was OLM who made the short.

Not really surprising. We need a VA list, though.

And a list of the animators who were involved in this. But first things first: source on OLM producing this? I´ve read something about Production I.G. (which is highly unlikely imo) but I would really like to know.

The video says it.
<制作>
OLM Team Kato

Does this short confirm that Pokemon make Pokemon noises in the games too?

If they dub this, just watch as every one of those noises are replaced by the pokémon saying it's own name...

Depends who's dubbing it.

Looking at the short again it seems Pokemon don't say their name in the games. They sort of just.. Make noises.

I hate how the minute they got the chance, they are once again shoving Lucario down our throats.

I agree with you, after Movie 8, it was Lucario this and Lucario that, and Riolu wasn't even introduced then (and even when it was, Riolu was BARELY acknowledged in comparison to it's evolution), to the point where Lucario was in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, then once HG/SS came out, they seemed to have forgotten that Lucario even existed as we were all going back to Johto and were talking about Lugia and Ho-oh, then Movie 13 came out, and it was Zoroark Zoroark ZOROARK, with Lucario seemingly gone extinct, Zoroark seemed to have become the new Lucario (although Mienshao is as close as you can get to Lucario in Gen 5 game-wise, otherwise Zoroark is the new Lucario)

And while I absolutely love Lucario, we can at least see that Riolu is getting equal attention as opposed to last time, when Lucario got all of it while Riolu got little. This could also be a sign of a Lucario and Zoroark rivalry (Snake/Mongoose style, or since this is Pokemon we are talking about, Seviper/Zangoose), such as in an episode of the anime where they fight each other or so.

Now watch, in the days before Gen 6 comes out, we will get a new, bipedal canine Pokemon with his own movie and an adorable pre-evolution (Riolu/Zorua) to topple both Lucario and Zoroark and be marketed to hell and back, you know Nintendo will do it.

Does this short confirm that Pokemon make Pokemon noises in the games too?

If they dub this, just watch as every one of those noises are replaced by the pokémon saying it's own name...

Depends who's dubbing it.

Looking at the short again it seems Pokemon don't say their name in the games. They sort of just.. Make noises.

We're not actually sure IF it will be dubbed at all, if it was, then the Pokemon saying their own names or not in the dub has a 50/50 chance of happening, it would likely happen because kids are used to hearing the Pokemon say their own name on the actual anime, so it really depends on how PUSA will market it really if they do dub it.

Last edited:

【公式】『ポケットモンスターブラック2・ホワイト2』紹介SPムービー - YouTube

they have added a full cast to the description!

seems most of what was floating around was on the money.

"Black2" is voiced by Miyu Irino, "Hihihiroshi" is voiced by Junko Minagawa, Cheren is Ryohei Kimura, Akuroma is Junichi Suwabe, Elesa is Miyuki Sawashiro, Bianca is Ayana Taketatsu, The female Plasma Grunt is Yuki Shimamura, some Pokemon are (big shock) Kiyotaka Furushima and Kensuke Sato, the Shadow Triad member is Akira Ishida, and N is Hiroshi Kamiya.

Last edited:

@ZaneTheRoboteon Watch that bipedal canid be Psychic.

So they're still calling the PCs and rival by their beta/ fan names, or not?

So they're still calling the PCs and rival by their beta/ fan names, or not?
In the credits, you mean? Then no, they're just listed as 'Hero' and 'Rival'.

That was a pretty awesome video, I really liked it. The fight scenes were pretty awesome, just everything was. I really like Elesa's new design as well. ^^;

【公式】『ポケットモンスターブラック2・ホワイト2』紹介SPムービー - YouTube

they have added a full cast to the description!

seems most of what was floating around was on the money.

"Black2" is voiced by Miyu Irino, "Hihihiroshi" is voiced by Junko Minagawa, Cheren is Ryohei Kimura, Akuroma is Junichi Suwabe, Elesa is Miyuki Sawashiro, Bianca is Ayana Taketatsu, The female Plasma Grunt is Yuki Shimamura, some Pokemon are (big shock) Kiyotaka Furushima and Kensuke Sato, the Shadow Triad member is Akira Ishida, and N is Hiroshi Kamiya.

Let's see how many I can recognize...

Whoa, the PC was Sora! Cool... Akuroma wasn't James after all. He is Tseng from FF7AC though. Elesa has voiced Catherine of "Catherine", and Ivy from Soul Calibur V. explains the sexed-up get-up. Wow, Akira Ishida did a lot of voices I recognize, how neat! And N was in Digimon Frontier, neeatt. Nice to know how did who's voice!

It's been translated quite a few times on this thread, along with a subbed video. However, the video uses a really bad translation

I think this is the best translation I've seen based on making the sentences actually...make sense

I translated the video myself, and some of what whoever the other person said isn't per-se what is being said, so I'll leave my take on translation for this video

Natural: I wonder what kind of path you and your Pokemon aim for?

*Scene change*

B2W2 Rival: Alright! We're on our way to receive our Pokemon!

B2W2 Protagonist: Yup!

Protagonist: And you are....?

DD(Different Dimension) Bel: Ahhh, I'm so Glad we could meet! *Giggles* Ta-daaa~ Inside this is the Pokemon you will partner with.

*Scene Change*

Akuroma: [kano?] Team Plasma was there. Accepting the possibilities Pokemon possess, they say Pokemon should be released from humanity's control. That, is not my way of thinking.

*Scene Change*

Kamitsure: Welcome to this stage! My beloved Pokemon, and your Pokemon........which shall truly shine? Let's (find out) here(and now)! Note. she says ''koko de something-mashou'' not too sure, but what I used fits, I guess.

*Scene Change*

Habunake-Plasma Girl: *Laughter* Let me congratulate you, for reaching this far; but, given there are so many of us present here, kindly consider surrendering.

B2W2 rival: I'll say this much; I'm starting to get angry...

Gym Leader Cheren: Tch, they're only troublesome due to their number of them present.

B2W2 rival: This will end quickly.....so lend me your power.

B2W2 Protagonist: You got it!

Snake Plasma Girl: Habunake, Bite attack!

Protagonist: Windie, we'll also use Bite!

Rival: Daikenki, Ice Beam!!

*Scene Change*

Protagonist: Wait!! Rucario, Aura Sphere!!

Ninja Bad Guy: No matter what tactics you use, I've achieved the objective[of the mission].

Actually This video used that translation, but I chose to tweak it: Pokemon BW2 Promo Subs on Vimeo

I chose to use the US names. "Neo" Plasma was chosen because that's what they where calling them in the threads in Serebii.

One thing I did was condense stuff when I exceeded the rate of 20 characters per second.

I didn't want a 100 words translation for a one syllable grunt, so shortened parts of it. I'm not say it's an accurate Translation. I honestly don't know, I don't speak Japanese. Also I did the whole thing at 3-4 am. It took longer to get the video set up for Vimeo.

This is the contents of the Actual subtitle file for that video.
00:00:16,373 --> 00:00:19,343
N: I wonder what kind of path you and your Pokemon...

00:00:19,405 --> 00:00:20,805
.... will Aim for?!

00:00:29,563 --> 00:00:36,909
Pokémon Black 2 - Pokémon White 2

00:00:45,008 --> 00:00:47,872
Rival: Yes! Let's get our Pokémon!

00:00:48,512 --> 00:00:49,912
Player: Yup!

00:00:58,023 --> 00:00:59,055
Rival: And You are...?

00:00:59,055 --> 00:01:00,455
Bianca: Ah!

00:01:02,102 --> 00:01:04,014
I'm so Glad we could meet!

00:01:09,044 --> 00:01:10,164
TaDA!

00:01:10,531 --> 00:01:14,451
Inside are the Pokemon you will partner with.

00:01:29,693 --> 00:01:32,106
????: Team Plasma was there.

00:01:32,796 --> 00:01:35,539
Accepting the possibilities Pokemon possess,

00:01:36,034 --> 00:01:39,088
...they say Pokemon should be released from humanity's control.

00:01:41,028 --> 00:01:45,422
Aukroma: That, is not my way of thinking.

00:01:55,000 --> 00:01:57,082
Elisa: Welcome to this stage!

00:01:57,651 --> 00:01:59,540
My beloved Pokemon...

00:02:00,064 --> 00:02:04,199
and your Pokemon...

00:02:10,482 --> 00:02:12,894
...which shall truly shine? Let's find out!!!

00:02:22,964 --> 00:02:24,784
????: He he he, He!

00:02:27,043 --> 00:02:29,843
"Neo" Plasma: Let me congratulate you, for reaching this far,

00:02:30,321 --> 00:02:34,204
but, given there are so many of us present here,

00:02:34,471 --> 00:02:36,899
kindly consider surrendering.

00:02:39,455 --> 00:02:40,717
Rival: I'll say this much:

00:02:41,546 --> 00:02:42,923
I'm starting to get angry...

00:02:44,884 --> 00:02:45,480
Cheren: Jeez

00:02:46,100 --> 00:02:47,226
They're only troublesome..

00:02:48,689 --> 00:02:50,509
..due to their number of them present.

00:02:53,764 --> 00:02:55,454
Rival: This will end quickly...

00:02:56,264 --> 00:02:57,830
so lend me your power.

00:02:59,345 --> 00:02:59,902
Player: Roger!

00:03:03,731 --> 00:03:05,750
"Neo" Plasma: Serviper (use) Bite

00:03:06,375 --> 00:03:08,195
Player: Ok, Arcanine Bite, too!

00:03:12,890 --> 00:03:14,485
Rival: Samurott: Ice beam!

00:03:24,335 --> 00:03:25,370
Player: Wait!!!

00:03:43,300 --> 00:03:45,120
Lucario (Use) Aura Sphere!

00:03:59,841 --> 00:04:03,397
Shadow Triad: No matter what tactics you use, I've achieved the objective[of the mission].

00:04:44,687 --> 00:04:48,187
Pokemon Black2 White2 on sale in 23 June 2012. (Japan) Playable on a 3DS

00:04:48,246 --> 00:04:52,446
Subs by:Nutter t.KK- Translation: Adam Ant & Nutter t.kk (SerebiiForums.com)

Life = slayed.

You know that feeling you got when you were playing Pokemon G/S/C and you got to visit the Kanto region, seeing what's changed and rematching all of the old gym leaders? That's the feeling I got watching the video. It makes me wonder what else in Unova changed and how the characters from the previous games look.

I think the pirates theory could hold water (no pun intended). Everyone's just thinking of the wrong pirates atm.

You're probably thinking this kind of pirate:
View attachment 65722

But that's rather silly. Plasma could totally be pirates! But the modern kind, like this:

The thing is though, most of the plot is not taking place on the water, but on land in Unova. We've already had Pirates in the form of Team Aqua, and that made sense considering how much water made up the Hoenn region as well as their obsession with Kyogre and the sea.

After seeing the Shadow Triad, who are most obviously based off the famous depiction of Ninjas, and the military like uniforms of the revamped Team Plasma with their mask, they are definitely Ninjas. Ninjas are capable of attacking on a boat just like their counterparts.

When I watched this, I got goosebumps like throughout the whole video! It's was so freakin' epic. This SERIOUSLY needs to be an animé otherwise I'll dhfasdlhfjldf

I think the pirates theory could hold water (no pun intended). Everyone's just thinking of the wrong pirates atm.

View attachment 65722

But that's rather silly. Plasma could totally be pirates! But the modern kind, like this:

The thing is though, most of the plot is not taking place on the water, but on land in Unova. We've already had Pirates in the form of Team Aqua, and that made sense considering how much water made up the Hoenn region as well as their obsession with Kyogre and the sea.

After seeing the Shadow Triad, who are most obviously based off the famous depiction of Ninjas, and the military like uniforms of the revamped Team Plasma with their mask, they are definitely Ninjas. Ninjas are capable of attacking on a boat just like their counterparts.

Eh, I just feel like ninjas don't make much sense in a region based off the US.

I mean, why not use those in one of the Japan-based regions? Why Unova?

View attachment 65722

Eh, I just feel like ninjas don't make much sense in a region based off the US.

I mean, why not use those in one of the Japan-based regions? Why Unova?

I find that odd as well, but seeing them pull back to Japanese inspiration here and there in BW itself (a kami trio, a kabuki marked illusion fox...), I think it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom